Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Holiday 2011 Charity Drive Suggestion

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
I know KI is allowed to use IDEAS posted here, so here's my suggestion for this year's Charity Drive:

The Yuletide Charity Pack!
Contents include current / retired items:
Holiday Housing Items
Santa Suit pieces
Christmas Elf pet
Charity Meowmodon Mount
Giving Tree Seed
Mega Snacks

New items for the Pack:
Christmas Treant pet
Mist-O-Toe Seed (A toe with green mist coming from it)
Reindeer Mount (1 Passenger)
Sleigh Mount (2-3 Passenger)
Elf-like apparel (stats by level)
Winter Clothes (stats by level, parkas, etc)
Reindeer Pet
IceZilla Pet (With Icezilla Spell)
Ice Hound Pet (First Generation)
Ice Beetle Pet (First Generation)
Frostcaller Pet (First Generation)
Santa's Flight decoration
Snowball housing item
Snowball wands (stats by level, throw magical snow at enemies)

Lets see this Pack come around for the Holidays!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I love this idea! The packs are fun anyway, but this would prompt me to by a few more than normal.
I like the idea of bringing back retired items, including the charity meowmadon.
The very best idea is the sleigh mount. I also love the idea of Christmas Treant. The tree pets are cool and this would be a great addition to the set.

Scary

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
sounds like a great idea i hope they use it and also add a penguin pet in :D

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Perhaps the pack could be 250 Crowns each, with 7 items per pack, and $0.50 going to charity for each pack bought?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
This is a very good idea Johnist. I hope KI takes the hint for this one.

I think a lot of the players would buy it for several of the items that they may be able to gain and the crowns price would make it possible for them to buy more than one pack.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
Maybe this could also be linked to an actual charity with a portion of proceeds going to their cause?

I nominate American Forests (americanforests.org). They plant native trees for environmental restoration and they cost just $1 each. They plant them all across America and around the world.

I love the fact that Wizard101 has so many outdoor elements to it - giving back to nature seems like a no-brainer to me!

Oran

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AmericanHappy wrote:
Maybe this could also be linked to an actual charity with a portion of proceeds going to their cause?

I nominate American Forests (americanforests.org). They plant native trees for environmental restoration and they cost just $1 each. They plant them all across America and around the world.

I love the fact that Wizard101 has so many outdoor elements to it - giving back to nature seems like a no-brainer to me!

Oran

Oran, that is a good idea, but with the economy the way it is, there are a lot of children that need food and clothes.

I don't know what Johnist has in mind for The Charity Drive, but I would take a guess and say it would be food and clothes or even medicine.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
If KI does make this pack then it should stay out maybe a week or to after Christmas because quite a few people would likely get cards for Christmas

Alexandria NightDust

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
AmericanHappy wrote:

Oran

Oran, there are 2 Charities KingsIsle has given to the past 2 years. Austin Children’s Shelter and Child’s Play. It would be nice of them to do it for both of these 2 charities again like the last 2 years.