Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Using magic outside of battles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
I have an idea: How about we can use spells outside of battles. I mean, if the world was peaceful and there was no evil, why in the world would we have magic? I mean, we can say (if you have open or text chat), " x turns grace into frog x" but that just isn't the same. again, if there was no evil to fight, what would we use our magic for hmm? So, maybe we can have like a potion that lets you do it outside of battles, or just be able to do it all the time!

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
someone else suggested that, but people thought it would be too laggy and suggested only in houses to show off your most powerful spells

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
hmm, i like the idea but maybe instead of casting it on other players you can cast it on other stuff. Like i know theres a house item called "practice dummy" (I think thats what it's called but its basicly just a dummy) and you could type in the chat box " X cast 'insert spell name here" where X is your wizards name. and maybe you could type "X cast sparks" or something like that and your surrounded by sparks and firecracker noises. the onlty reason i dont agree with the casting on other people is that some people might misuse the power and go around turning everyone into frogs or something, which would get on a lot of people's nerves if they constantly looked like a frog lol. But KI should deffinatly consider this idea :D

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
i have always hoped that we could do this. and you have a good point, why magic if its only for fighting in a peaceful world? you my good sir (or girl, not really sure what you are lol XP) are a genius

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I actually wrote a pretty big post about that kind of idea, but it was a long time ago, and was apparently dismissed.

For example, each wizard is capable of "emoting" spells, such as casting their respective school's field spells. Where it would rain in the environment, or snow, etc.

Or perhaps wizard can have a single new emote, where he/she points the wand and summons a snow/rain/rainbow/etc over another wizard's head or something.

Explorer
May 07, 2009
ponyHORSE61 wrote:
I have an idea: How about we can use spells outside of battles. I mean, if the world was peaceful and there was no evil, why in the world would we have magic? I mean, we can say (if you have open or text chat), " x turns grace into frog x" but that just isn't the same. again, if there was no evil to fight, what would we use our magic for hmm? So, maybe we can have like a potion that lets you do it outside of battles, or just be able to do it all the time!
I highly agree with you I also think when fixing your houses around you levitate the objects instead of the wind making them fly somewhere

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Vary creative.Guessing its from harry potter. but could be fun.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
ponyHORSE61 wrote:

hey actualy it would be really fun!i like to trick my friends by zapping them with a bug bolt or something, but I have to do it at my house since it is a gardening spell. it can be really fun to turn your friend or someone into a big frog or something

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
Dark7X
Post Oct/23/2011 2:20 pm Subject: Re:Using magic outside of battles
i have always hoped that we could do this. and you have a good point, why magic if its only for fighting in a peaceful world? you my good sir (or girl, not really sure what you are lol XP) are a genius

Dark7X, i am a girl! XD And thank you, i AM a genius :-) :

harrypotterfreak13
Post Oct/23/2011 1:06 pm Subject: Re:Using magic outside of battles
hmm, i like the idea but maybe instead of casting it on other players you can cast it on other stuff. Like i know theres a house item called "practice dummy" (I think thats what it's called but its basicly just a dummy) and you could type in the chat box " X cast 'insert spell name here" where X is your wizards name. and maybe you could type "X cast sparks" or something like that and your surrounded by sparks and firecracker noises. the onlty reason i dont agree with the casting on other people is that some people might misuse the power and go around turning everyone into frogs or something, which would get on a lot of people's nerves if they constantly looked like a frog lol. But KI should deffinatly consider this idea

Nice idea, I like the dummy thing lol. i would love to get an ice wizard dummy and cast tons of phoenixes on it! x has a crazed smiles on face x (I am pyromancer also known as fire lol) And yea, I see how it could get on peoples nerves XD. But also, just like the gardening spells, I want to be able to do it outside of my house. Like maybe in some places throughout the Spiral, we can have training grounds with dummies and some teacher assistants who can teach you SOME of the spells your school learns.

P.S- ...that was just a thought KI... BUT PLZ USE IT