Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chatting Glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
Today well I was playing Wizard101 and I was in the middle of waterworks. Suddenly when I pressed enter to type something it didnt open up, I couldnt even communicate to friends by trying to text chat them on their profile. This has happened many times before but this time I was in waterworks! I even went to the commons to see if it was something that just affected me in waterworks. But I still couldnt chat. Then I logged out and logged back in again and it still didnt work! So I logged out and logged into another wizard and it still didnt work. So I had to wind up turning off all of my wizard101 and starting it up again which takes a good 10 minutes for me because my computer is very slow. Can you please fix this bug because it forced me to leave waterworks which i wasnt very happy about.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
Rider9999 wrote:
Today well I was playing Wizard101 and I was in the middle of waterworks. Suddenly when I pressed enter to type something it didnt open up, I couldnt even communicate to friends by trying to text chat them on their profile. This has happened many times before but this time I was in waterworks! I even went to the commons to see if it was something that just affected me in waterworks. But I still couldnt chat. Then I logged out and logged back in again and it still didnt work! So I logged out and logged into another wizard and it still didnt work. So I had to wind up turning off all of my wizard101 and starting it up again which takes a good 10 minutes for me because my computer is very slow. Can you please fix this bug because it forced me to leave waterworks which i wasnt very happy about.

your not the only one experiencing this problem. i myself have had this problem in the past every now and then but has never stuck on the game for long periods of time. i do not know what causes this problem but i hope something works out for ya soon.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Simple answer: corrupted file, Reinstall the game, if that doesn't work, Contact support. If that still doesn't work, contact your computer manufactioring company for technical assistance. (for example: HP)

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Rider9999 wrote:
maybe your computer freezes alot or just check in options to see chat bubbles if its on off then thats why if it said on then ya thats a problem

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
This happened to me once. I was able to simply go back in the options and re-enable text/open chat. Not sure if your glitch is the same. I thought I was muted for a second.

You haven't been muted have you?? An email to your email address on file would confirm that. If you don't have one, then it really is probably just a glitch.