Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the final 10 seconds

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
OK. today i wanted to play wizard101 ( 10/22/11) and when i wanted to go on my master pyromancer i would go on, it would say entering game, and then around 10 seconds later the game would freeze and i would still hear the music. i was in northgaurd in GH when this first happened. so then i get out of wizard101 and i log back in. and the same thing happens. then i restart my computer and try again, and the same thing happens again! so then i wait like 2 more hours then i log back in then i go on one of my other characters and everything works fine! but then i get on my fire dude again but i think you guys get it. (the same thing happens again!) so then i get on another computer and go to the message boards (and here we are back to the present)
so i do not know what to do!!! should i try reinstalling?

Colin dragonhunter

Blaze life level 58 theurgest

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Sounds like a corrupted file, try reinstalling, if that doesn't work I would contact support, if it STILL doesn't work then call up a technical assistant from your computer manufactioring company (for example: HP)

HunterLegendWraith level60 necromancer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Try this:

As soon as your fire wizard logs on, immediately set a teleport mark and then teleport home. If your fire wizard still freezes, then something in the player data file is corrupted, and you'll need to contact Support. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game first.

If the fire wizard can move around normally in Ravenwood, then it could be one of two things. The next thing to do is to teleport back to where you were having the problems and IMMEDIATELY move away for a few seconds. If the wizard doesn't freeze anymore, than you were on a "dead spot", and you're good to go.

If the wizard freezes after you've moved a reasonable distance away, then the area file is probably corrupted, and you'll have to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
thanks for all the help guys! i actually decided to go on my life wizard but accidently clicked on my fire wizard (fail i know) and clicked play, then i started moving around and it was fine! i dont know what the heck happened but all that matters is that i can play now!!! thanks for all the help any way.