Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lets Have a Little Talk About Ice, Shall We?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
So I created an Ice wizard not too long ago, let's say about right before the waterworks. He is currently lvl 24. Why isn't he he a bit higher? Well, I have a Legendary Life wizard, and I was playing PvP, and got matched up against a legendary Ice wizard. As soon as I got four power pips,I brought out my trusty forest lord, with a blade AND critical, and he only does about 500-700 damage. I pratically choked myself trying to figure out how he only took that much damage. Then I end up losing the game. "Maybe he had a weakness on me or a tower shield I didn't see." No biggie right? So I bring my Legendary storm into the mix. I enter ranked PvP and again, end up getting matched up against a legendary Ice. I use my levy with a critical, and my results are about 1000-1200 damage. This time I knew I wasn't crazy because I kept a close eye on everything that was going on. He ends up using snow angel and brings me to my eventual death. I was incredibly dumbfounded as to how this was even possible. I knew Ice was all about defense, but holy cow. I click on him a nanosecond before he ports away. I look at his stats and then proceeded to practically have a heart attack.

55-60% Universal Resist

Wow.

I was shocked by this amount of resist, and he was on his way to being nearly indestructable because of it. I knew that if I fought anymore Ice wizards that the match would be decided before it even started. So you know what they say, "If you can't beat em', join em'." I got on the bandwagon and made an Ice wizard. I am leveling him up and everything is fine and dandy...and then the waterworks comes out. I end up seeing all types of gear for all schools that has a bit of universal resist. I won't lie, I got a little ticked. I am not saying that ONLY Ice can have universal resist. That's messed up. However, from my observations, Ice is pretty much the only school that didn't really benefit from the waterworks. Yeah, better universal resist than the rest, hooray, and all that jazz. But whats the point if everyone else has it? Schools have been more or less losing their individuality. I think it really started when the level 48 amulets came out. Ok, so everyone can cast any other schools level 48 spell. No big deal. Along comes these mastery amulets. That's a problem. One of the MAJOR factors of individuality was that each scool was able to spend their spells for half as many pips as the others using power pips. A storm character would need two power pips to use a kraken while a fire needed four, regardless of power pips. Thats the reason some people choose to be life- to have the ability to heal so swiftly. Or maybe storm- The ability to cause devasting damge, yet again, so swiftly with the use of power pips. But, I digress. Point is, what was the point of continuing my Ice for the resist if everyone else has it? The health? The tower shield? I don't get it. I am sorry if it sounds like I am complaining, honestly I am not. I am puzzled however. Why give other schools that much resist? You COULD just keep giving ice more than the others, but here a problem comes to my attention.
I heard about this new level cap from KI that will supposedly be coming in December. If this is true or not, don't ask me. If it is true, you know what that means; more gear. Possibly even a new aspect to the game, like critical was, but I doubt that. Here lies the problem. KI is going to keep releasing level caps, there really isn't anything to do about that. People are craving more content. If we get new gear, Ice gets more resist, thats it's specialty, it's cup of tea if you will. If KI releases more and more new level caps, along comes more and more new gear, in turn higher and higher resist. If this is the case, isn't it technically possible for Ice to literally become indestructable? In case you didn't know, once a certain resist stat raises above 100%, you will not only not take damage from the attack, but will actually get HEALED. What if Ice's universal resist became so high, they are healed by every single attack that comes there way? I'm pretty sure KI will do everything in their power to prevent this from happening, but then what about Ice's gear? Soon they will stop gaining resist from new gear, so what happens then? I would actually like to know what KI would do, as I find it interesting. A LOT of Ice students are mad because of this new waterworks gear, and I think they kind of have the right. Are they over reacting? Perhaps. But having a strong suit can do that to a person. Once you are good at something and better than everyone else, you like to tend to keep it that way. It's just human nature. And when someone comes along and steals your forte, yeah, you have an excuse. This post has gone far to long, and I commend those of you who stuck through it. I just though I should put in my two cents on my mind. Happy Spell Casting Everyone!

~Mason Silvergrove, Legendary Life

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
cort1cool,

Yep, KI had to do something with the Ice Wizards as they were tearing up PvP, so they downgraded them. Problem is they downgraded them so much, they dropped considerably.
What makes me mad, is when the clobbered Ice, they also destroyed Death at the same time. Death was doing well, but wasn't dominating.
They decided to stop DOT spells to stop Ice, and ended up wasting all the time that players spent on their Death Wizards.
I have both an Ice and Death Wizard, and wasn't happy about it.

I still see some state that it goes Fire, Myth and then Ice in the PvP ratings. This may have been the case for a short period of time, but is clearly no longer true. It is very clear that it now goes Fire, Myth, Balance and then Ice. Yes, Ice dropped that much in the ratings... totally unfair.

A good Balance with the Myth Amulet can crush an Ice, no questions asked.
Same with a Death, Triage and Shatter has crushed both Ice and Death.
Anyone that states that Ice is still in the top three doesn't have an Ice Wizard. (Even Digby Strongheart, the Master of Ice Wizards, has switched over to a Fire).

Granted that KI is still trying to balance the game, and the game is still young compared to others. If they do plan on expanding the Level cap, lets hope they try to really balance the PVP back out.

Joe.
Joseph LionHunter.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I fought an ice with 53% resist. Won once, and lost once. I have even seen ice wizards with 50% attack boost, which is the norm with everyone now. It does feel like our individuality is being blurred and hanging on merely by our inherent health (storm still low, etc) and certain spells, like my Quake and Medusa. But aside from that, there isn't much individuality anymore. Every warlord will run for the same pet talents, spellproof+defy and spritely, every legendary now has near equal accuracy with the exception of Death and Balance. It looks like we are moving in an interesting direction, the once believed idea that every wizard specializes in one particular stat while lacking in another has gone way out the window. Storm now has 90+ accuracy with their gear, etc. Nobody really loses out on much. Only, my stats as a myth seem to be falling behind. My power pip percentage is in jeopardy when I try to balance other stats like grabbing resist. Fire can pass myths health with gear now. How in the world did that happen? I cant pass 2900 I'm fighting fire with 3020 health. KI does a great job with some schools like myth, keeping them in the middle. But as our attack boosts go up, and death got a really good attack boost, adding in sun spells, all the once believed ideas of specializing in one stat or another flakes off now.
They had to give every school that global resist because of the new damage coming in with new gear. Can you imagine facing a storm with 85% attack boost and having no storm resist? How many rounds do you think you can last?

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
cort1cool,

Yep, KI had to do something with the Ice Wizards as they were tearing up PvP, so they downgraded them. Problem is they downgraded them so much, they dropped considerably.
What makes me mad, is when the clobbered Ice, they also destroyed Death at the same time. Death was doing well, but wasn't dominating.
They decided to stop DOT spells to stop Ice, and ended up wasting all the time that players spent on their Death Wizards.

I still see some state that it goes Fire, Myth and then Ice in the PvP ratings. This may have been the case for a short period of time, but is clearly no longer true. It is very clear that it now goes Fire, Myth, Balance and then Ice. Yes, Ice dropped that much in the ratings... totally unfair.

Anyone that states that Ice is still in the top three doesn't have an Ice Wizard. (Even Digby Strongheart, the Master of Ice Wizards, has switched over to a Fire).

Granted that KI is still trying to balance the game, and the game is still young compared to others. If they do plan on expanding the Level cap, lets hope they try to really balance the PVP back out.

Joe.
Joseph LionHunter.

Sorry but fire and myth have always dominated PvP. I do think that triage is completely unfair to death wizards and I don't even have one! Skeletal Dragon my second favorite rank 8 spell is destroyed because of triage. Ice got down ranked cause way too much resist and then add gargantuan an ice blade and elemental blade on colossus or frost giant = Caster wins!
KI trys to help but nothing is good enough for greedy players so, they do what they think is right. PvP was broken since the release of Critical and we let break. The people that complained kept on doing it so people began buffing up defense who had the best defense or block rating most times won. Thats why I'm a retired PvPer like many others. PvP is just a no for me now I'll just stick to gardening and crafting.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Lion359 wrote:
cort1cool,

Joe.
Joseph LionHunter.

The only reason I see why a lot of the players are complaining to even the slightest changes is because they want the school they are in to be the top so they can become Warlord and downgrade others to negative ranks.

And as the main poster mentioned, if KI does raise the level cap and content (and without a doubt they would) a level 80 or 90 Ice wizard can replace their "Legendary" title with "Immortal"

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
If you think about it, as you get closer to level 100, you're just going back to level 1. With resist comes attack.... As ice gets 100% resist, storm will soon have 105%, thus bringing us back to that Novice gear, with 5% boost...

Historian
May 28, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Sorry but fire and myth have always dominated PvP.

Right! Myth have a lot of advantage against ice! It can remove all shields with just one spell!

I call Shatter: Defenseless Pierce.

Yep! Fire is great too. With it's DOT attacks and special moves like Smoke Screen and Steal Charm!

You're right, Fire and Myth Rules!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
cort1cool,

Joe.
Joseph LionHunter.

The only reason I see why a lot of the players are complaining to even the slightest changes is because they want the school they are in to be the top so they can become Warlord and downgrade others to negative ranks.

And as the main poster mentioned, if KI does raise the level cap and content (and without a doubt they would) a level 80 or 90 Ice wizard can replace their "Legendary" title with "Immortal"

Fin3cy6,

The slightest changes, is that what you call losing 60% of your hit because of Triage, a slight change. Death and Ice have a right to complain, it has stopped them cold in 1v1. It was like running into a brick wall, an instant wall that Death or Ice could not get around.
All anyone is asking is that the spells be fair all around, and Triage and Shatter unbalanced things, as did the Amulets.

What good is a level 80 or 90 Ice wizard if he can hit with the weakest spells in the game. Snow Angel is useless now in PvP, I guess people don't get that. Frostbit was the key to Ice winning, and that was crushed by Triage. It was the best spell Ice had, as Skeleton Dragon was for Death.
I can tell you for sure, Ice will never have an Immortal title now, as Wintertusk was it's Tombstone.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
Sigh. What a long post :( Just type ice wizards have too much resist. They do. :(

Armiger
May 10, 2010
So, why is it, and I know I am good and all, but, I never seem to have a problem with my ice in pvp...

Not in 1v1 pvp, or 4v4 pvp...

Personally, I think it has more to do with peoples strategies more than anything... I mean, shatter and triage are great and all, but they don't make or break a match, espcially, if a person truly knows how to play and strategize...

Sorry, but all these complaints about ice and death, shatter and triage, just have no real bearing on PvP, not to good players that is... Anything can be overcome with a good strategy and combination setup!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:
So, why is it, and I know I am good and all, but, I never seem to have a problem with my ice in pvp...

Personally, I think it has more to do with peoples strategies more than anything... I mean, shatter and triage are great and all, but they don't make or break a match, espcially, if a person truly knows how to play and strategize...

Sorry, but all these complaints about ice and death, shatter and triage, just have no real bearing on PvP, not to good players that is... Anything can be overcome with a good strategy and combination setup!

First I want to respond to Doomship12345,
Everyone has resist, and if you look at the ohter wizards like Balance, mine has just about the same resist as my Ice. When they increased the Resist levels in the new Gear, all Wizards increased in Resist, which nullified Ice Resist. Please don't say that Ice has too much Resist, when it only has 6 or 7% more resist, and the weakest hits in the game. Look at any of the top Tourneys, and Ice can no longer win.

Darthjt,

You are the exception to the rule, and you know that. I expect that your "put any class here" Wizard could be 90% that play the game. So you saying that Ice only needs a good strategy is asking most people to climb a vertical wall.
The point here is that every Wizard in the top ten listing has switched over to Fire or Myth. Even Digby Strongheart has left his Ice in the cold.
Alex has dropped his Death, and no longer even has one.
They wouldn't just drop these wizards if they could still Win a tourney with them.
If the top ten know when to drop the Ice and Death, that is a pretty strong clue to me. Note that these wizards were dropped after Wintertusk and the new spells. If you think it has no bearing, then why the sudden shift in what the top players are playing. Btw, I am only talking 1v1, as I don't do anything else any more.

Joe,
Ice retired for a reason.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Maybe I am the exception to every rule, I don't know...

As far as the so called "Top 10", I personally think they left Ice because they would rather have an easier time remaining in the top tier of PvP...

Is it easier for Fire or Myth, yes! I can't deny that...
However, that does not mean that Death and Ice are outclassed and defeated before the battle even begins...

Sorry, but I wont leave my Ice in the cold because of a few new spells... The game always changes, new spells are introduced, new gear is made....

I for one, love playing an Ice wizard... Of course, nobody wants to lose, especially in 1v1, which is why people leave Ice, but then, if you are not good enough with Ice to stay in the game, maybe it is better that you retire, be put out to pasture, because you are not good enough to keep up...

Just my take... If you think you are a good strategist and truly a good player, then my challenge to you is, keep ice... Think of good combos and ways around fire and myth... Either accept the challenge or give up!

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I agree that KI should do something about ice.
1:They have high health AND WHY because storm should since their powerful.
2: Why should ice get lots of resist?

So I am lvl 52 and been months from me playing because of my computer so it might take me years to get to lvl 70 when it comes out -_- so I want to change it to. Thx for posting this!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Maybe I am the exception to every rule, I don't know...

As far as the so called "Top 10", I personally think they left Ice because they would rather have an easier time remaining in the top tier of PvP...

Is it easier for Fire or Myth, yes! I can't deny that...
However, that does not mean that Death and Ice are outclassed and defeated before the battle even begins...

Sorry, but I wont leave my Ice in the cold because of a few new spells... The game always changes, new spells are introduced, new gear is made....

I for one, love playing an Ice wizard... Of course, nobody wants to lose, especially in 1v1, which is why people leave Ice, but then, if you are not good enough with Ice to stay in the game, maybe it is better that you retire, be put out to pasture, because you are not good enough to keep up...

Just my take... If you think you are a good strategist and truly a good player, then my challenge to you is, keep ice... Think of good combos and ways around fire and myth... Either accept the challenge or give up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Darthjt,

A challenge I may well accept after the new world is released, but for now I"m having way to much fun with my balance and Myth. Storm is also a complete blast to play, and I unlike many, do not find Storm shields or towers an issue.

This game is something to have fun with, imo, not to get upset about.
School and sports are what I need to worry about, not my feelings about this game.
I finally came to that conclusion after I reread some of my postings, and started to question myself. At that point I just quit posting for a while, until I could reason out what I needed to do. I guess I could thank Travis's post for that, as it made me realize how silly things had gotten.

Therefore, to have fun, I decided to drop my Ice and Death, and play my other wizards. I still disgree with the decisions that KI made about Ice and Death, but it is no longer a real concern for me.

My Balance has become my main focus for 1v1, along with my Myth when I want a change.
I don't use the multiple "Fient stratergy and shatter" for Balance, I like to work the battle. Balance is hard to master, not like Ice, which is actually quite easy to play in PvP. Before Wintertusk, Ice was just about unstoppable from first when played well.

Plus, I can see the new Balance spell really helping my balance, which counters what many are saying.

I don't play my myth much, as he seems to be a fairly strong wizard in pvp.
Balance on the other hand, is an arkward Wizard, it only has one great spell, but plenty of support spells.

My challenge to you, is dump the Ice, Storm, Death for now, and bring up a Balance to Legenary. Don't learn feint or if you know it get rid of it, which can be such an easy win when added to shatter.

Balance is much harder to play, but what a wizard to form a constantly changing statergy around. A true mental exercise, imo, or take the easy way out and use a Fire or Myth for 1v1.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter, Ice (r), Balance, Storm, Death, and Myth Legendaries.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

First I want to respond to Doomship12345,
Everyone has resist, and if you look at the ohter wizards like Balance, mine has just about the same resist as my Ice. When they increased the Resist levels in the new Gear, all Wizards increased in Resist, which nullified Ice Resist. Please don't say that Ice has too much Resist, when it only has 6 or 7% more resist, and the weakest hits in the game. Look at any of the top Tourneys, and Ice can no longer win.

Darthjt,

You are the exception to the rule, and you know that. I expect that your "put any class here" Wizard could be 90% that play the game. So you saying that Ice only needs a good strategy is asking most people to climb a vertical wall.
The point here is that every Wizard in the top ten listing has switched over to Fire or Myth. Even Digby Strongheart has left his Ice in the cold.
Alex has dropped his Death, and no longer even has one.
They wouldn't just drop these wizards if they could still Win a tourney with them.
If the top ten know when to drop the Ice and Death, that is a pretty strong clue to me. Note that these wizards were dropped after Wintertusk and the new spells. If you think it has no bearing, then why the sudden shift in what the top players are playing. Btw, I am only talking 1v1, as I don't do anything else any more.

Joe,
Ice retired for a reason.

Who said that they were in the top 10?

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
Has anyone notice that some waterworks gear robe has the SAME universal resistance as ice? Even storm!

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Lion359 wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
cort1cool,

Joe.
Joseph LionHunter.

Fin3cy6,

The slightest changes, is that what you call losing 60% of your hit because of Triage, a slight change. Death and Ice have a right to complain, it has stopped them cold in 1v1. It was like running into a brick wall, an instant wall that Death or Ice could not get around.
All anyone is asking is that the spells be fair all around, and Triage and Shatter unbalanced things, as did the Amulets.

What good is a level 80 or 90 Ice wizard if he can hit with the weakest spells in the game. Snow Angel is useless now in PvP, I guess people don't get that. Frostbit was the key to Ice winning, and that was crushed by Triage. It was the best spell Ice had, as Skeleton Dragon was for Death.
I can tell you for sure, Ice will never have an Immortal title now, as Wintertusk was it's Tombstone.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Well, what I was saying is if the ice wizard has such a huge resist (wow, with around 60 resist, it is basically like carrying a tower shield with you at all times 8) ), he/she will not have to worry about getting killed if he/she is basically like a brick wall. And with all the stuff about criticals, a Ice wiz can be really good at pvp.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Fin3y6 stated:
Well, what I was saying is if the ice wizard has such a huge resist (wow, with around 60 resist, it is basically like carrying a tower shield with you at all times ), he/she will not have to worry about getting killed if he/she is basically like a brick wall. And with all the stuff about criticals, a Ice wiz can be really good at pvp.

Fin3y6,

I think the most that an Ice wizard can get is around 53 resist, as mine is around 47 resist. Look at my Balance, he could have 45, not much difference. How much of a difference is 2 resist going to make in a match, no much at all.

My point is, all the wizards have increased in resistance greatly since Wintertusk. Most wizards are around 40 to 45 now, at least most of mine are. I see most Ice Wizards at around 40 to 47, and very few above that resist in pvp. All you have to do is hit them with your wand, and you know what their resist is.

I'm not saying that Ice is weak, but in 1v1, he no longer has any real advantage. All the Wizards are close to be (walking Tower shields) now, that is my point.
Take two players that are of even skill, and even gear, before wintertusk, and Ice had a good chance of winning (from first or second). After Wintertusk, the Ice is more likely to lose against a Fire or Myth (and maybe even Death or Balance).

Ice has the (very lowest) Critical rating in the game, and has lost his resist advantage. I cannot see how anyone can think that Ice has any advantage over any other Wizards after Wintertusk.

Even Digby Strongheart retired his Ice after wintertusk, as he knew the disadvantage he was placed into, in tourney's.

Best Regards,
Joe
Joseph LionHunter.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
joujou11cool stated: Who said that they were in the top 10?.

Joujou11cool,

Are you saying that you are in the top ten of Legendary Tourney play and have an ice?
Please list your players name, so I can look it up. I have not seen an Ice Win first place in Legendary in some time. ArcWarrior is about the Best Ice I have seen lately, and he is good.

Thanks,
Joe.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2011
cort1cool wrote:
So I created an Ice wizard not too long ago, let's say about right before the waterworks. He is currently lvl 24. Why isn't he he a bit higher? Well, I have a Legendary Life wizard, and I was playing PvP, and got matched up against a legendary Ice wizard. As soon as I got four power pips,I brought out my trusty forest lord, with a blade AND critical, and he only does about 500-700 damage. I pratically choked myself trying to figure out how he only took that much damage. Then I end up losing the game. "Maybe he had a weakness on me or a tower shield I didn't see." No biggie right? So I bring my Legendary storm into the mix. I enter ranked PvP and again, end up getting matched up against a legendary Ice. I use my levy with a critical, and my results are about 1000-1200 damage. This time I knew I wasn't crazy because I kept a close eye on everything that was going on. He ends up using snow angel and brings me to my eventual death. I was incredibly dumbfounded as to how this was even possible. I knew Ice was all about defense, but holy cow. I click on him a nanosecond before he ports away. I look at his stats and then proceeded to practically have a heart attack.

55-60% Universal Resist

Wow.

I was shocked by this amount of resist, and he was on his way to being nearly indestructable because of it. I knew that if I fought anymore Ice wizards that the match would be decided before it even started. So you know what they say, "If you can't beat em', join em'." I got on the bandwagon and made an Ice wizard. I am leveling him up and everything is fine and dandy...and then the waterworks comes out. I end up seeing all types of gear for all schools that has a bit of universal resist. I won't lie, I got a little ticked. I am not saying that ONLY Ice can have universal resist. That's messed up. However, from my observations, Ice is pretty much the only school that didn't really benefit from the waterworks. Yeah, better universal resist than the rest, hooray, and all that jazz. But whats the point if everyone else has it? Schools have been more or less losing their individuality. I think it really started when the level 48 amulets came out. Ok, so everyone can cast any other schools level 48 spell. No big deal. Along comes these mastery amulets. That's a problem. One of the MAJOR factors of individuality was that each scool was able to spend their spells for half as many pips as the others using power pips. A storm character would need two power pips to use a kraken while a fire needed four, regardless of power pips. Thats the reason some people choose to be life- to have the ability to heal so swiftly. Or maybe storm- The ability to cause devasting damge, yet again, so swiftly with the use of power pips. But, I digress. Point is, what was the point of continuing my Ice for the resist if everyone else has it? The health? The tower shield? I don't get it. I am sorry if it sounds like I am complaining, honestly I am not. I am puzzled however. Why give other schools that much resist? You COULD just keep giving ice more than the others, but here a problem comes to my attention.
I heard about this new level cap from KI that will supposedly be coming in December. If this is true or not, don't ask me. If it is true, you know what that means; more gear. Possibly even a new aspect to the game, like critical was, but I doubt that. Here lies the problem. KI is going to keep releasing level caps, there really isn't anything to do about that. People are craving more content. If we get new gear, Ice gets more resist, thats it's specialty, it's cup of tea if you will. If KI releases more and more new level caps, along comes more and more new gear, in turn higher and higher resist. If this is the case, isn't it technically possible for Ice to literally become indestructable? In case you didn't know, once a certain resist stat raises above 100%, you will not only not take damage from the attack, but will actually get HEALED. What if Ice's universal resist became so high, they are healed by every single attack that comes there way? I'm pretty sure KI will do everything in their power to prevent this from happening, but then what about Ice's gear? Soon they will stop gaining resist from new gear, so what happens then? I would actually like to know what KI would do, as I find it interesting. A LOT of Ice students are mad because of this new waterworks gear, and I think they kind of have the right. Are they over reacting? Perhaps. But having a strong suit can do that to a person. Once you are good at something and better than everyone else, you like to tend to keep it that way. It's just human nature. And when someone comes along and steals your forte, yeah, you have an excuse. This post has gone far to long, and I commend those of you who stuck through it. I just though I should put in my two cents on my mind. Happy Spell Casting Everyone!

~Mason Silvergrove, Legendary Life
i don't know if he was ice, but i went in pvp and was matched against a rank 14 with 75 percent resist all. WOW

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
So many words. I get bored like halfway through the paragaraph, sheesh. Anyhow, ice is supposedly equal BECAUSE they're missing all of that attack damage. I would type this in a super long impressive paragraph (or two) like you guys, but I want this to be short and sweet. Ice wizards are built for pvp!!!!!!!!!!!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
QueenJade124 wrote:
So many words. I get bored like halfway through the paragaraph, sheesh. Anyhow, ice is supposedly equal BECAUSE they're missing all of that attack damage. I would type this in a super long impressive paragraph (or two) like you guys, but I want this to be short and sweet. Ice wizards are built for pvp!!!!!!!!!!!

QueenJade124,

Very nicely put, and it is short and sweet, but Ice Wiazards are not built for 1v1 after Wintertusk.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
In my opinion, Ice is a really bad school for PvP. Some people even call them shield noobs, but thats because they are meant for defense ONLY. They should stick to defending other people than attacking.

Sophia Lifeblade
Transcended Theurgist
Grandmaster Sorceror
Magus Diviner

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
That isn't natural for an Ice to have that kind of resist. He must have had Heartsteel and a pet w/ both defy and the other defence talent (forgot the name). I could get my Life up to around 50 resist if I wanted to.