Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

stupid policy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
So i'm in the middle of a dungeon with three other players, when my young son decides he wants to log on to the game using our other computer, and you people kick me out of the game to allow him to log on! Now how stupid is that! Not only have you disrupted me by kicking me off in the middle of what I'm doing, but you have disrupted three other players who were counting on my support to help them beat the dungeon. Whata stupid policy! Why would you kick out a player who is already in the middle of doing something to let a new player log on? Common sense and common courtesy suggests that you should allow the first player to continue playing and tell the new player, "We're sorry, but someone else is already logged on using your account." Not only did you infuriate me but the three other players I was with probably weren't too happy either..!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
I think Wizard101 did this because lets say you have one account, one of your wizards are legendary and you decide to make a new one, you would probably use your legendary to help your new wizard get pasts their quests which would be cheating in a way. The only way you would have your son on at the same time as you is to make him our yourself a new account.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
because what if he goes on the character you are playing on then its likeso weird he changes your clothes in middle of battle he does other stuff like other cards like how confusing would it be?

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
CODEY7 wrote:
So i'm in the middle of a dungeon with three other players, when my young son decides he wants to log on to the game using our other computer, and you people kick me out of the game to allow him to log on! Now how stupid is that! Not only have you disrupted me by kicking me off in the middle of what I'm doing, but you have disrupted three other players who were counting on my support to help them beat the dungeon. Whata stupid policy! Why would you kick out a player who is already in the middle of doing something to let a new player log on? Common sense and common courtesy suggests that you should allow the first player to continue playing and tell the new player, "We're sorry, but someone else is already logged on using your account." Not only did you infuriate me but the three other players I was with probably weren't too happy either..!

First off your right, once logged in and polaying there should be a error message (as with any other game out thier) to where if someone else in the house tries to log in they should get that error message saying .... Were sorry that account is already in use....Or maybe even take you to that screen where if you type your password or screen name in wrong.... But that would be them making you happy.... :P

But in Kingsisle defense they have made Adding Another account very Very Afordable.... Make sure you Make your account the parent account .... Then both accounts are discounted.... And if you ask them nicely Maybe they would take your childs char.... and transfer it to the other account....

Hope this reaaly helps....

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
KingsIsle does this because if the new person logging on to the same account, KI kicks you off because for all we know, it could be hacker hijacking your account.

Hunter LegendWraith level 60 necromancer

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
You should get him his own account :-) Plus I think this article should go in "The Dorms" 8) :P

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
They do this mostly for your characters saftey, or something like that. I think it's for just in case, someone is trying to hack your account, or something like that..... I know it's annoying, it has happened to me also..

Emma IceBlossom
Legendary Thamaturge

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
CODEY7 wrote:

Hi CODEY7,

I, too, have children who play Wizard101 and I would never, ever, ever let one of my children have a wizard on my personal account. The prospect is horrifying, as one of them likes to sell mounts and crowns gear, and put strange outfits on his wizards; the other is a tween and therefore not reliable to maintain my integrity as a polite and helpful player.

The very best solution to your problem is to make an account for your child and then add that new account to a family of accounts. You can manage the child's crowns usage and set appropriate chat permission for him or her.

I currently have a family of accounts that includes me, my husband, and our two sons in one parent account (mine) that I can manage with a parental password. In this way, I have total control of who can say what, who can spend what, and who can gift or not. I also have the occasional delight of playing side-by-side with my family in quests, dungeons, and boss fights. My oldest son and I have been known to settle personal disputes in the PvP ring :-) My youngest loves to join me and my legendary comrades in 4v4 and gets lots of help as he levels up his Theurgist. My husband and I enjoy the pleasure of our evening "dates" in the Spiral, currently in Marleybone 8)

I can't say enough good things about having a family of accounts, but I guess the best recommendation is this: Your kid will never boot you from a boss fight again. Oh, and you get a discount on additional memberships :-) I'm stingy and I greatly appreciate this perk.

Warmest Regards,

qbb, Ididian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist, and various others

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I thought that you were not supposed to tell your password to ANYONE? Is that not a violation of the Terms? Each person should have an account. On that account you can have six wizards, for yourself, not someone else. Personally, I think that having your child login to your account is in effect theft of services from KingsIsle. Pay for another account for your child so that you can play with him like the rest of us do.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
CODEY7 wrote:

Sounds like you and your son are on the same account, the solution to the problem is get him his own account.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
CFDaddy wrote:
I thought that you were not supposed to tell your password to ANYONE? Is that not a violation of the Terms? Each person should have an account. On that account you can have six wizards, for yourself, not someone else. Personally, I think that having your child login to your account is in effect theft of services from KingsIsle. Pay for another account for your child so that you can play with him like the rest of us do.

Just my $0.02 worth.

I e-mailed KI because that is what my children and I did at first. They said parents and children may share accounts. My children still share one account and I have my own now.

To the OP-Your idea of keeping the first person that logged on to the account live is excellent. I hope KI will consider it. Not letting the second person log on makes much more sense to me.

Queenly-My two knew better than touch my stuff. LOL Actually I am very lucky they did not do it because it never occurred to them. I got the second account to help my daughter and son on their quests. I also wanted more wizards. LOL

Megan

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
CFDaddy wrote:

Just my $0.02 worth.

Correct. You are not suppose to share your password, nor share accounts. That's why it inconvienances the original player.

So while someone may think it is stupid policy it is really smart. It prevents an entire neighborhood from using the same account.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
That did seem bad. I've heard (actually saw a response once) that they don't ban people who share one account (But it has to be in the same family of accounts). I hope this helps.

Caroline Sunbright level 60 life

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
kingurz wrote:
CFDaddy wrote:

Just my $0.02 worth.

Correct. You are not suppose to share your password, nor share accounts. That's why it inconvienances the original player.

So while someone may think it is stupid policy it is really smart. It prevents an entire neighborhood from using the same account.

Like the original poster, I myself would assume sharing your password would be in regards to other players or kids 'friends' so if their friend logged in to their or your account and sold stuff, well you'd be outta luck because your kid 'shared' the password and shouldnt have, but inner family password sharing i dont think should be an issue as many families probably have one wiz per person and so up to 6 family members can take turns playing, which is only beneficial if you only have one computer and ppl would need to take turns anyhow. A seperate but joint family account is a better option and something I hadnt even thought about for myself as I have 2 paid accounts (had to create a life wiz on seperate account to help me stay alive to lvl up, which I dont think is cheating...I help tons of people but no one ever seems available to help me ever) I play with split screen, pc hooked up to tv, and have accidentally booted myself off the one player by not paying attention to the log in name in the box and passwords are identical. It is aggrivating even for my stupid mistake, and I firmly agree that the second person logging in should get the 'someone is already logged into this account' message. If it was set up like this to prevent hacking, it's still not helpful. If someone was hacked into my account and I logged in and it booted them off, i'd never have known unless I realized items or crowns missing. If a hacker is logged in and the actual owner of the account gets the message 'someone is already logged into this account, if this is an error please contact customer support immediately' the account owner would know 'possible hacker issue' then KI can make restitution for whatever had happened during the time the 'hacker' was logged in as they have stated they have logs of everything so if someone hacked you from 3-4am and sold all your stuff, KI can give you back everything since they can see what all was done on your account at that time frame.

As far as the password sharing, I was reading facebook posts a while back when there was some code for a mount or something, and some kid was posting that he'd give you the code if you gave him your password. I posted @ him that he was violating a major policy, and I seriously hope KI had some way to determine which player he was and suspend him or cancel his account. I never thought i'd see something as stupid as a password request on a public place like fb in a wizard101 wall post geez the idiocy.
Anyways, just my opinion. :)

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
I habe to say that this post says it all.
KI being use for both family entertainment and a "date night"
is so cool I love it.
Great post.

On a side note I have tried to log into my account like what was done and I got and error mesg stating that someone was allready logged in.
Not sure why you got booted, but they are correct.
You need to make an account with you as parent and your child as a side account.
Then you can play together and settle disputs in the arena....lol
Good luck.
RDV

queenlybluebean wrote:
CODEY7 wrote:

Hi CODEY7,

I, too, have children who play Wizard101 and I would never, ever, ever let one of my children have a wizard on my personal account. The prospect is horrifying, as one of them likes to sell mounts and crowns gear, and put strange outfits on his wizards; the other is a tween and therefore not reliable to maintain my integrity as a polite and helpful player.

The very best solution to your problem is to make an account for your child and then add that new account to a family of accounts. You can manage the child's crowns usage and set appropriate chat permission for him or her.

I currently have a family of accounts that includes me, my husband, and our two sons in one parent account (mine) that I can manage with a parental password. In this way, I have total control of who can say what, who can spend what, and who can gift or not. I also have the occasional delight of playing side-by-side with my family in quests, dungeons, and boss fights. My oldest son and I have been known to settle personal disputes in the PvP ring :) My youngest loves to join me and my legendary comrades in 4v4 and gets lots of help as he levels up his Theurgist. My husband and I enjoy the pleasure of our evening "dates" in the Spiral, currently in Marleybone 8)

I can't say enough good things about having a family of accounts, but I guess the best recommendation is this: Your kid will never boot you from a boss fight again. Oh, and you get a discount on additional memberships :) I'm stingy and I greatly appreciate this perk.

Warmest Regards,

qbb, Ididian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist, and various others