Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buying Gift Cards(and bundles) online?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to buy the gift cards or special bundles online? I know Best Buy sells their Firezilla $20 on their website, but so far that's the only online retailer.

The only possible store near me is an old Walmart, and they don't even sell the $10 card! They are building a super walmart to replace it but it could take several months to finish construction.

I'm wondering why we can't just buy them off you or the card manufacturer, or the retailer's websites like gamestop.com? It would give thousands of us more access to the special cards!

I would really like to get a hold of the new bundles coming out!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You would have to ask the retailers why they don't sell their cards online like Best Buy.

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
I suppose they could offer them in the future, but KI doesn't sell the cards. They use another company, Incomm? Not sure if that's the name. You could try contacting them directly and see what they can do to help. They do show up on Ebay and Amazon sometimes sold by third party sellers.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
I think you are right. It is so annoying to have to shower, put clothes on, and drive to Gamestop or walmart or CVS or any place that has w101 cards. I actually sometimes ask my dad to go and do it for me, since Sunday is the only day of the week I don't have to go someplace. And w101 makers, please read our messages! We really want to buy these cards online, for no additional fee. I hope you read this and at least considered this! :-)

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
We are also in the same boat. We're wanting to buy bundles but can't find them anywhere. :(

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
Indeed, i would buy more if i could just do it online instead of having to drive somewhere and hope they have it :?

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
Drudj wrote:
We are also in the same boat. We're wanting to buy bundles but can't find them anywhere. :(

I have contacted support on this same issue.

Setting up or finding a online vendor to distribute codes for either monthly subscriptions or bundles in this day and age should be very easy and I'm sure KI would greatly appreciate the revenue generated via this vein of marketing.

I can always set up a DBA and create a website to distribute codes solely for KI benefit and in doing so, It would be making purchases much easier on the end user "ie" those of us who have the money.

Just an Idea to increase the bottom line :)

Happy

Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
Lol i am in new zealand (land of the rugby world cup) :D
And we can not even get the bundles here. we get some lame as ones here but they are all pets you can find at the hatchery. we can not get the cards that have houses mounts etc.
I mean i could try ask KI to do something about it,But now what be the point in that?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
aaronhoup11 wrote:
Drudj wrote:
We are also in the same boat. We're wanting to buy bundles but can't find them anywhere. :-(

I have contacted support on this same issue.

Setting up or finding a online vendor to distribute codes for either monthly subscriptions or bundles in this day and age should be very easy and I'm sure KI would greatly appreciate the revenue generated via this vein of marketing.

I can always set up a DBA and create a website to distribute codes solely for KI benefit and in doing so, It would be making purchases much easier on the end user "ie" those of us who have the money.

Just an Idea to increase the bottom line :-)

Happy

Aaronhoup,

The whole reason KI and Incomm provide these cards is to intice players to go buy from retailers (it is a business deal). The retailers need the exclusive items so players come to their store instead of another. That's why they can't be provided on the website, except for the retailer's site themselves. KI already provides gift certificates for purchase for anyone you want to get Crowns for (sometimes they have included pets), but the gift card exclusives are designed to be purchased from retailers, not KI directly. Again, Best Buy has the best policy of offering their cards online. More companies should do this (but players have to tell them that and lots of them).

If KI allowed the same gift cards to be purchased from their site, the retailer demand would lower and those players that can only get Crowns from gift cards would find it harder to purchase them (supply/demand).

There are also the legalities involved. Like the issue that upheld gift cards being sold in Canada for so long (required cards to be printed in English and French). For other countries, I don't know what the threshold of demand is before InComm will start distributing, but KI has stated that a certain amount of demand is required before the process even starts.

I live in a country where there isn't a single store selling any Wizard101 cards. So I have to make friends in America!

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
yea I know, but you have to admit, it would be nice if you could just hop on your computer and in a few clicks of a button, you have a w101 card! And come on, you don't have to think business ALL THE TIME.

P.S- I AM FIRE WIZ

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
It is disappointing to not have the online purchase option :( Especially since my local Game Stop has said they wont be carrying the bundle cards because they are too small of a store, so they told me which store has them and I had to drive almost an hour to get there (and the store is the same dang size as the other one) and this is where the closest toys r us is located also. I really want the 2 current bundle packs, especially the safari one, but sooo dont want to drive almost an hour for it. I would love for game stop to carry these online. Luckily my local walmart (which isnt a super walmart yet) does carry the cards and had the hawk bundle in stock. But again, dont like having to drive anywhere, I'm not fond of shopping or crowds, I tend to do a lot of my shopping online as much as possible :) But I plan to contact Game Stop about my local store not carrying the cards when the store I need to drive to is the same size if not smaller of a retail chain of stores so idk why they cant make wall space in our local store to put these cards :(
Your aggrivation on the situation is shared by many, all we can do is ask, hope and pray that stores will listen...idk lol :)