Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mirkholm Deep gate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2009
I've completed the Grizzleheim quests up to talk to the king about Jotun. I returned there to find the yardbirds, but when I get to Mirkholm Keep the gate to the wolf area by Doomhowler is closed, and I can't seem to open it since I've already done those quests. How do I get the gate open so I can collect the yardbirds in the cave?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
erk3 wrote:
I've completed the Grizzleheim quests up to talk to the king about Jotun. I returned there to find the yardbirds, but when I get to Mirkholm Keep the gate to the wolf area by Doomhowler is closed, and I can't seem to open it since I've already done those quests. How do I get the gate open so I can collect the yardbirds in the cave?

You have to follow the storyline, and eventually you will be sent to Mirkholm Keep. Maybe this list of quests will help:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44879

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
erk3 wrote:

Hi. This is my second reply (not sure which one you will see first). But I misunderstood your question the first time, and told you to follow the storyline.

Since you already did this area, you don't have to open the gate to go into the wolf area again.

Look at your map. Go to the sigil where you see the cave for Hyglak Shadowstalker. While you are looking at his cave, take the path on your right side. You have to "sneak past" the Moonstriders, and the path continues on your left side. The path will lead you to an opening for the caves where you will find the two yardbirds. You can almost see the cave opening on your map, just below the picture of Hyglak.

And here is a link that shows exactly where to find the two yardbirds in that area in case you need it:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122130&highlight=yardbirds

(Sorry for the confusion...)

Survivor
May 28, 2009
I answered you on the other site, but for readers of this forum -
it worked, I got the yardbirds.
Thanks for all your help!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
erk3 wrote:
I answered you on the other site, but for readers of this forum -
it worked, I got the yardbirds.
Thanks for all your help!