Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why don't we all come to a compromise?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 25, 2009
What I've seen

Okay, so I've seen that there should be level restrictions on worlds, and I have seen arguments against that.
Here's a story about what happened today:
I was in Mooshu, and I got caught in a battle with the same type as me. Then, this guy and this noob come into battle with me. The guy was low on health, and the noob got KO'd quickly. They both fled! Leaving me with 4 (!) monsters of the same type as me.

So, I think that there should be a restriction, but not to levels. I hear "But I always get to worlds underleveled, I don't like it!" and "Noobs ruin our battles.". There is a huge battle between do it and don't do its.

What I think should happen
That's why I think that if you get the spiral key to that world, you have access to it. That way, if someone is underleveled, that they can have access to it without worry and higher level Wizards can have noob-free battles.

Why I am against it
Having noobs join battles is unfair to the game and ruins the spirit of finding out what happens next and going along with the storyline. You don't start reading a book, then get bored and jump to the end, do you? No. You read the book all the way through and find out what happens. That way, when you get to the end, it becomes a big surprise that you never expected to have happened and say "Wow, that was a really good book". It's the same with the Wizard101 storyline.

I know some people might comment on this post and say "o well, i need to get my frnd to lvl up rly bad". Here's my reply to that:
If you followed the storyline, you would have plenty of EXP from doing quests at your own level, and progress with the storyline. It's a win-win situation. If you start your quests at DS, then continue on with Krokotopia, it would give really bad EXP for your level.

Post your replies below, and I'll see what everyone thinks!
Sorry is any part was offensive or if you couldn't understand it.

Gabriel Mythwraith, Master Diviner
Anthony Ghosthunter, Legendary Theurgist

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
saphirathedragon wrote:
What I've seen

Okay, so I've seen that there should be level restrictions on worlds, and I have seen arguments against that.
Here's a story about what happened today:
I was in Mooshu, and I got caught in a battle with the same type as me. Then, this guy and this noob come into battle with me. The guy was low on health, and the noob got KO'd quickly. They both fled! Leaving me with 4 (!) monsters of the same type as me.

So, I think that there should be a restriction, but not to levels. I hear "But I always get to worlds underleveled, I don't like it!" and "Noobs ruin our battles.". There is a huge battle between do it and don't do its.

What I think should happen
That's why I think that if you get the spiral key to that world, you have access to it. That way, if someone is underleveled, that they can have access to it without worry and higher level Wizards can have noob-free battles.

Why I am against it
Having noobs join battles is unfair to the game and ruins the spirit of finding out what happens next and going along with the storyline. You don't start reading a book, then get bored and jump to the end, do you? No. You read the book all the way through and find out what happens. That way, when you get to the end, it becomes a big surprise that you never expected to have happened and say "Wow, that was a really good book". It's the same with the Wizard101 storyline.

I know some people might comment on this post and say "o well, i need to get my frnd to lvl up rly bad". Here's my reply to that:
If you followed the storyline, you would have plenty of EXP from doing quests at your own level, and progress with the storyline. It's a win-win situation. If you start your quests at DS, then continue on with Krokotopia, it would give really bad EXP for your level.

Post your replies below, and I'll see what everyone thinks!
Sorry is any part was offensive or if you couldn't understand it.

Gabriel Mythwraith, Master Diviner
Anthony Ghosthunter, Legendary Theurgist
Well, I DO get bored of reading book and skip to the end, but this is an excellent idea.