Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Text Chat Library

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
Would it be possible to get a text chat library in our spell book? A list of all the words that can be used and not used would come in useful for those of us who are trying to have reasonable chats with someone and words are being bleeped out. I understand people are swearing on wizard101, but come on. If they are caught then their accounts will be banned. It's so hard to tell someone what level you are without them saying "what?". I think numbers should also be aloud in text chat..to an extent. I heard that phone numbers were being of some concern. If that's the case, then limit text chatting with numbers to 2 digits. I'm pretty sure if someone wanted to give another person their phone number in the game, they'll find away.

Please add text chat library and allow 2 digit numbers in text chatting.
Thanks.

Administrator
Our Text Chat list is constantly changing, as we monitor word usage in the game. We will not be publishing or otherwise providing this document.

While developing Wizard101, we realized the style and content of the game would appeal to all ages. As a result of our young audience, we decided to incorporate safeguards that make online play a generally safe and positive experience (especially when dealing with other players).

KingsIsle’s commitment to maintaining a family friendly game and the increasing amount of players using the caps to talk around chat filters, it was deemed to be an appropriate action to remove the capitalization ability in the filtered chat. As long as you’re chatting appropriately and within the filters, there should be no issue with communications. Also, we have provided Menu Chat options that allow players to communicate their character level without risk of exposing other information.

We have decided to err on the side of caution to protect our younger players who may not know better, from those who wish to do them harm, and we will continue to do our best to evolve our chat system so that our players can easily participate in appropriate communications.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
Thank you for explaining that in great detail. I was unaware of the level thing in the Menu Chat. Looks like I'm gonna have to look thru Menu Chat more thoroughly.

Thanks again. And yes!! Keeping the kids safe should be the first priority. Keep up the good work.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
jacobcady wrote:
Thank you for explaining that in great detail. I was unaware of the level thing in the Menu Chat. Looks like I'm gonna have to look thru Menu Chat more thoroughly.
yes!! Keeping the kids safe should be the first priority. Keep up the good work.

yes. i agree with you all but in my opinion young kids who don't know any better about giving out personal info should not even be playing a game like this in the first place. i mean do there parents even know that they are communicating with other people?!? i myself love this game. but i think the chat could be a little better. and please please please do all you can to block out inappropriate language. i have seen people find ways to do so and it surprised me that KI had not blocked that phrase. i obviously not going to say what that phrase was right here but as i said before please do all ya can :D :D :D :D :D

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
jacobcady wrote:
Would it be possible to get a text chat library in our spell book? A list of all the words that can be used and not used would come in useful for those of us who are trying to have reasonable chats with someone and words are being bleeped out. I understand people are swearing on wizard101, but come on. If they are caught then their accounts will be banned. It's so hard to tell someone what level you are without them saying "what?". I think numbers should also be aloud in text chat..to an extent. I heard that phone numbers were being of some concern. If that's the case, then limit text chatting with numbers to 2 digits. I'm pretty sure if someone wanted to give another person their phone number in the game, they'll find away.

Please add text chat library and allow 2 digit numbers in text chatting.
Thanks.

The way to say it in menu chat is in: friendly: stats: And then it says I am level ___