Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nightmare abilities and hatching

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 12, 2011
Hi All,

I'm fairly new to pet training and wasted a lot of crowns on mega snacks for pets that had no possible chance at developing the skill I wanted. So hopefully you'll bare with my noobishness long enough to help answer my question.

I have a Nightmare with unicorn spell (he's never cast it before, but hey, it's nice to know it's there, right? lol). Now he won't get spritely through additional training, but could I hatch him with a pet that already has it, keep hatching/training the hybrids and get a pet with both unicorn AND spritely?

Here's an example, I could hatch my ancient spinyfish with my adult nightmare.

What do you guys think, could this ever work?

Champion
May 03, 2011
It should be (theoretically) possible to get both spritely and unicorn through hatching, since these are just random talents like any other--unless KI wrote something into the hatching algorithm to preclude that from happening. But, if you don't mind my asking, why would you want both? I mean, you've only got four possible talents, and if you have one healing talent already, wouldn't you want to get some resist or something else instead? One advantage I can see, though--if you hatch with these two pets, one with unicorn and one with spritely, you would have a better chance of getting one heal or the other in your new hatchling...

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
tabby714 wrote:
It should be (theoretically) possible to get both spritely and unicorn through hatching, since these are just random talents like any other--unless KI wrote something into the hatching algorithm to preclude that from happening. But, if you don't mind my asking, why would you want both? I mean, you've only got four possible talents, and if you have one healing talent already, wouldn't you want to get some resist or something else instead? One advantage I can see, though--if you hatch with these two pets, one with unicorn and one with spritely, you would have a better chance of getting one heal or the other in your new hatchling...

Exactly - I want the chance to have the pet use any one or both of the healing spells. You've seen a pet cast spritely more than once in a single round - imagine if it did that with one spell and then cast Unicorn - wicked cool!