Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Repeated Use of a Spell "Spamming"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I would like to know if spamming a spell is legal or illegal in PvP to where you can be reported and or banned from your account as many people say. I see all these messages on whether spamming a spell to disable you or to defeat you before you can have the chance to defend is considered a strategy, or a cheat?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Is attacking your opponent cheating?
Is Healing cheating?
Is protecting yourself cheating?

The answer, is obvious!

No, it is not cheating... Those that say it is, or that spamming a shield, or an attack, or healing, or anything, are sore losers and very unsportman like.

Play to win and live to Play!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Rizzy07 wrote:
I would like to know if spamming a spell is legal or illegal in PvP to where you can be reported and or banned from your account as many people say. I see all these messages on whether spamming a spell to disable you or to defeat you before you can have the chance to defend is considered a strategy, or a cheat?

its not cheating so go ahead
and do 7 rounds of tower shields or tempest or whatever and have fun

i dont use a spamming combo because it isnt very skilled at all

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Rizzy07 wrote:

it's perfectly legal strategy to play the same spell over and over like that. If it's a higher level spell, the game takes care of making you spend at least one turn between uses to build up pips again. If it's a low level spell, it doesn't do that much damage.

In ranked PVP, if you actually want to win you CAN'T play scared. Come out hitting and keep hitting, especially in lower levels, healing only if you have no choice. The only way you're going to win is if you get your opponent down so far in health that they start healing, and thus spending their pips on that instead of on attacking you.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
The only thing "illegal" in any aspect of the game is if a person gains a material and exclusive advantage over another player(s), that is not available to anyone in general.

Thusly, "spamming" a spell is not illegal. Fer crying out loud, complaining about someone casting the same spell over and over irks me to no end in PvP, because those people seem unwilling to adapt to that condition and overcome it.

They want the wins handed to them on a silver platter. And yet when THEY "spam" their own spells, it is ok in their eyes.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Rizzy07 wrote:

Spamming the same spell is not a reportable offense. Even the use of the current glitch (2 pip Minotaur) isn't even a reportable offense (although I personally think it should be..... given the intention of knowingly using an exploitation). However, spamming the same spell is a strategy, believe it or not. Not a good one, but still is a strategy. Besides, if you know they are spamming the same spell, then you should know what spell is coming up next, right?

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
How can it be considered cheating? A crafted Storm deck will give you the ability to load 7 spells of each type.

You could cast power pip tempest every round, i.e. "spamming. It's not considered "nice," but then again, you are in a FIGHT!

If someone attacked you in the street, would you fight back "fairly" or would you take advantage of every opportunity to fight back?

Think about it :)

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
grvy123 wrote:
Rizzy07 wrote:

its not cheating so go ahead
and do 7 rounds of tower shields or tempest or whatever and have fun

i dont use a spamming combo because it isnt very skilled at all

Agreed. A spamming tactic isn't a smart thing to do. I like to use a one-strike wipeout, it's pretty easy to set up.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
There is a 0% chance your account will be banned just for casting your spells. But if you make it for example 100,000 damage without any traps blades or anything to make it stronger, that might be a sign of Cheat Engine.

Caroline Sunbright level 60 life

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
The only thing i think is messed up in pvp is some storm wizards.

While i am trying to build up for a decent wraith, they usually keep using kraken and hope for crit. OR they use wild bolt untill i die. I understand its their spells. I just cant stand it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
jjraz7 wrote:
The only thing i think is messed up in pvp is some storm wizards.

While i am trying to build up for a decent wraith, they usually keep using kraken and hope for crit. OR they use wild bolt untill i die. I understand its their spells. I just cant stand it.

Well, how do you think they feel when everyone keeps spamming storm shields? Do you think that is fair?

I mean, if people spam death shields, you cast poison or Skeletal Dragon, no big deal to you... You also have about 1000 more health...

Storm has to hit hard and fast...