Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening or pet leveling?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I enjoy gardening, but it takes more energy to do pet leveling and Gardening so one has to sit on the side. :( anyway, if you have enough crowns you can do both.........

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
I enjoy gardening, but it takes more energy to do pet leveling and Gardening so one has to sit on the side. :( anyway, if you have enough crowns you can do both.........

Or you can move all your pets to be leveled to another wizard that will not be gardening and have them use their energy for pet training. Allowing you to do both without the need for Crowns.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
kingurz wrote:
Darkblood1 wrote:

Or you can move all your pets to be leveled to another wizard that will not be gardening and have them use their energy for pet training. Allowing you to do both without the need for Crowns.

Well that thing was already patched. In order to throw pets around your characters to level up you need to pass them through the shared bank. If you extract a pet from the shared bank, however, you will lose all of your pet energy after you confirm, and this disallows you to power level your pet.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
Darkblood1 wrote:

Well that thing was already patched. In order to throw pets around your characters to level up you need to pass them through the shared bank. If you extract a pet from the shared bank, however, you will lose all of your pet energy after you confirm, and this disallows you to power level your pet.

I don't understand your point, unless you mean you the process won't work in one day (which I agree, but if you want to power level a pet in one day you are going to have to use Crowns anyways on refilling energy or on mega snacks). However, the orginial poster was not asking for power leveling tips, just indicating that they were not able to do both gardening and pet training. Which you can do both at the same time.

But to the original poster (in case they didn't understand what I meant) here's how I do it:

Create an extra character (hopefully you have a seat left). Move all your pets you want to train to the shared bank. After you move your pets, exhaust all your energy on gardening. Now switch to the new character. The new character will either need to level up to the correct level (level 6 I believe)to enter the pet pavilion or port to someone in the pavilion. Go to the shared bank and take all the pets out at the same time. This will exhaust your energy.

Login the next day and exhaust all your energy on gardening with your original character. Then log on to your new character and exhaust all your energy on that character from pet training. Keep doing this everyday to maximize your energy between gardening and training.

If you need to move an additional pet to the new character later on, move it to the share bank, but don't have the new character take the pet out until after you have already completed pet training for the day. Or to move the pet back to the original owner, do so after completing gardening for the day. You will never have to waste energy again after the initial move.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
It isn't a problem. As others have said, use one Wizard for gardening, and another for pet training. My grandmaster gardens, and farms bosses for pet snacks and gold to buy more pet snacks. My 3 lower levels train new pets. Works out well and requires no crowns.