Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A set of ideas.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
First of all, KI, Fire needs an upfront, high-hitting, immediate AoE. In Celestia and the Water Works, you don't have the time to wait for your dragon's DoT to take full effect while the enemies kill you. Even Life, the highest accuracy school, has a higher hitter than us!

Second, here are some spell ideas:

-Level 10 (Either Fire or all schools):
Name: Trap Pack
Appearance: Four traps burn into view around the enemy and give off some sparks.
Pips: 1 (or 4 if you want it harder.)
Effect: Places four (Fire) traps on your target.-Level 20 (Treasure Card):
Reason: This is used to set up for DoT's like Fire Elf and Fire Dragon.

-Level 20 (Treasure Card)
Name: Grand Wind
Appearance: A few visible strands of wind appear and blow the turn triangle around until it lands on the opposite side.
Pips: 2
Effect: Switch the turn order.
Reason: To give people a fair edge in the later fights by letting them go first.

Third, Mana regeneration.

Fourth, potion/food making. Food has a single effect, such as restore health, or food, or energy.

Fifth, please fix the capitalization! It fails for me.

Sixth, take into consideration the direction the schools are going in, and switch them! Life needs more damage or DoT, Fire needs more hard hitters, Storm needs defence, Ice needs a higher hitter, and so on and so forth!

Seventh, three new secondary school suggestions:

-School of Metal
Focusing on quick AoEs and longer lasting armor.

-School of Air
Focusing on turning the tide and preparing spells for a harder hit.

-School of Sand
Stunning, slowing, and just messing with the enemy.

That's all for now, but I will have more ideas.

Wolf (Level 60 Pyromancer)
Wolf Life (Level 12 Theurgist)
Wolf Spellblade (Level 4 Sorcerer)
Malorn Deathbrand (Level 3 Necromancer)

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
woofiewolf908 wrote:
First of all, KI, Fire needs an upfront, high-hitting, immediate AoE. In Celestia and the Water Works, you don't have the time to wait for your dragon's DoT to take full effect while the enemies kill you. Even Life, the highest accuracy school, has a higher hitter than us!

I agree with this part. Fire doesn't have a good AoE spell, although I don't have a problem with fire dragon.

woofiewolf908 wrote:
Second, here are some spell ideas:

-Level 10 (Either Fire or all schools):
Name: Trap Pack
Appearance: Four traps burn into view around the enemy and give off some sparks.
Pips: 1 (or 4 if you want it harder.)
Effect: Places four (Fire) traps on your target.-Level 20 (Treasure Card):
Reason: This is used to set up for DoT's like Fire Elf and Fire Dragon.

-Level 20 (Treasure Card)

Basically the same thing as fuel, except fuel is one more pip and puts on one less trap.

woofiewolf908 wrote:
Name: Grand Wind
Appearance: A few visible strands of wind appear and blow the turn triangle around until it lands on the opposite side.
Pips: 2
Effect: Switch the turn order.
Reason: To give people a fair edge in the later fights by letting them go first.

Way overpowered. There isn't going to be a spell that changes who goes first, and if there was, it won't be for 2 pips. And, what school is this? Fire? This doesn't seem like a fire kind of spell at all.

woofiewolf908 wrote:
Third, Mana regeneration.

Grab a blue wisp instead.

woofiewolf908 wrote:
Fourth, potion/food making. Food has a single effect, such as restore health, or food, or energy.

Use a potion instead to refill your health and mana.

woofiewolf908 wrote:
Fifth, please fix the capitalization! It fails for me.

Not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that you want capitalization back? It was removed because people were saying things around the chat filter. It isn't coming back. You should be able to say what you need without capitalization.

woofiewolf908 wrote:
Sixth, take into consideration the direction the schools are going in, and switch them! Life needs more damage or DoT, Fire needs more hard hitters, Storm needs defence, Ice needs a higher hitter, and so on and so forth!

Life doesn't need a DoT. Fire has enough hard hitters. Storm doesn't focus on defense. A high hitter would make ice overpowered.

Schools are different and balanced. If these things are added, then all schools would be very overpowered and would have no difference.

woofiewolf908 wrote:
Seventh, three new secondary school suggestions:

-School of Metal
Focusing on quick AoEs and longer lasting armor.

Long lasting armor sounds a lot like ice.

woofiewolf908 wrote:
-School of Air
Focusing on turning the tide and preparing spells for a harder hit.

Preparing spells for a larger hit sounds a lot like balance.

woofiewolf908 wrote:
-School of Sand
Stunning, slowing, and just messing with the enemy.

Not necessary, in my opinion. A lot of schools have stuns, and I don't see what you mean by 'messing with the enemy'.

These aren't bad ideas, but they could use some work. Some of them just aren't necessary though.