Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Access to Science Center

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
Can someone PLEASE tell me what is required to access the Science Center. I have the Medusa quest and have been trying to follow the initial quest lines given when I entered Celestia hoping that eventually I would be given access to that area. Maybe I haven't gotten to the magic quest that delivers the prize but quite frankly I keep getting hung up on doing collection quests and getting the ever frustrating "you did not collect" message after every fight and I'm almost at the point of giving up and leveling my lower wizard. I realize I could probably bug people for access to the zone but really what is the big secret about getting into that area? I have searched and searched for some sort of guide that would let me know if i was on the right track or if I am heading down the wrong quest line to get in and have found absolutely zilch. I'm not asking for someone to hold my hand just a heads up on what I need to be focusing on in order to get there myself. I don't have a lot of people that I am comfortable with asking for help in the game. Up till now I have pretty much solo'd all the way, with the help of an occasional henchman or two. Any help or advise along these lines would be more than appreciated.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
nludian wrote:
Can someone PLEASE tell me what is required to access the Science Center. I have the Medusa quest and have been trying to follow the initial quest lines given when I entered Celestia hoping that eventually I would be given access to that area. Maybe I haven't gotten to the magic quest that delivers the prize but quite frankly I keep getting hung up on doing collection quests and getting the ever frustrating "you did not collect" message after every fight and I'm almost at the point of giving up and leveling my lower wizard. I realize I could probably bug people for access to the zone but really what is the big secret about getting into that area? I have searched and searched for some sort of guide that would let me know if i was on the right track or if I am heading down the wrong quest line to get in and have found absolutely zilch. I'm not asking for someone to hold my hand just a heads up on what I need to be focusing on in order to get there myself. I don't have a lot of people that I am comfortable with asking for help in the game. Up till now I have pretty much solo'd all the way, with the help of an occasional henchman or two. Any help or advise along these lines would be more than appreciated.

I found this list of quests for Celestia on the fansite:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110487

Hope this helps to get you moving along... ;)

Champion
May 03, 2011
I had a hard time with this, too--I didn't get Medusa until I was level 60, because I couldn't get into the Science Center at level 58. It's annoying. You will get access to the Science Center after you complete the Stormriven quests and the Portico (Lunarium) instance. Then you get a quest called "Scientific Method" which lets you in.

My Myth is done with everything now, and has little to do except help people, craft, and farm for gold trying (unsuccessfully thus far) to improve her pets. I'd be happy to lend a hand if you are on in the later evenings (Eastern time). But in any case, once you finish the Lunarium, you'll be able to get Medusa. Good luck!

Tabitha Mythrider, Level 60 Myth

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
Honeybee thank you so much for that list of celestian quests. Especially the guide to stacking quests. I'm in floating lands now but this would have saved me so much time and aggrevation with the low rate of drops in most collection quests I've done there so far. I will definitely be following it for the rest of my time there.

Tabitha thanks for the offer of help. I actually got someone to take me into the SS last night before I logged out, so I could mark my location there and jumpstart the Medusa quest. I'm not exactly sure what preliminary questing in involved leading up to the big fight in DS (which i understand must be solo'd) but if you're bored and wouldn't mind meeting up, if for nothing more than for me to ask a few questions while picking your brain for answers to so many questions I can't even think where to start. I've been playing the game for about 4 months now, and have two wizards currently in play. My Myth wizard is level 60 and doing Celestia now. His name is Sean FairyPants and I'm usually on from early evening PST to well past a reasonable bedtime for most wizards. My other wizard is Balance and he's level 29 and named Wolf FairyTamer. I am usually in the arena with him doing pvp 1v1. I have mostly played the game by myself since starting, and though I have many names in my friends list, I only have a few that I would call friends. Either I'm not getting something important in that regard or I just don't get it ...but I've found W101 to be somewhat unconducive to finding and maintaining friendships with other people to play the game with. I know KingsIsle prides itself on the safe environment it provides for the children who play but the strict across the board enforcement of some of these restrictions, seems to alienate players or at the very least does nothing to foster teamwork or trust building that playing with others on a regular basis, inevitably gives. I call it the "you gotta know them to know them" policy. Nevertheless, my point (before heading deep into left field like that) was to say that there are so many things I have yet to figure out in the game because I solo'd my way to legendary. For instance, you mentioned in your post that you would be willing to help and that's very nice of you, but I wouldn't know how to contact you without you being in my friends list already and I wouldn't know how to text you or add you to that list without you being in front of me so I could click to send you a friend request in person, so then how does someone contact another player who they've never friended before? I assume it can be done because I think i've gotten messages from players I didn't know before. Anyway now i'm just starting to blather...sorry. Th
anks for your responses and good hunting.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
tabby714 wrote:
...and farm for gold trying (unsuccessfully thus far) to improve her pets.

One name, one location.

Halfang Bristlecrown. Vestrilund.

'Nuff said.

Champion
May 03, 2011
I'm not exactly sure what preliminary questing in involved leading up to the big fight in DS (which i understand must be solo'd) but if you're bored and wouldn't mind meeting up, if for nothing more than for me to ask a few questions while picking your brain for answers to so many questions I can't even think where to start.

I'll be happy to answer anything I can. I had a lot of trouble soloing with my Myth (I also play alone a lot, owing to late hours) until I got some really great advice from nice folks here on the forum. The sad thing was that by the time I finally got my act together with this character, I was just about done with the game (as it stands now). Myth is hard to solo with (I mean really solo, without henchmen) because of low health and no really big damage spells. But with the right gear and strategy, it's actually a pretty good attack school. I did most of the last part of the game, except for the big dungeons (Nastrond, Trial of the Spheres) by myself with no help. About Medusa--the actual fight is in Celestia, against a balance guy (if I remember correctly) with about 10,000 health and one minion. You do have to do it alone. Here, a life henchman can help you. :-) The summoning is in DS.

I only have a few that I would call friends. Either I'm not getting something important in that regard or I just don't get it ...but I've found W101 to be somewhat unconducive to finding and maintaining friendships with other people to play the game with.

Well, it can be tricky, depending on your personality. I have a hard time asking strangers for help, personally. So it was nice to meet up with some other adults here on the forum who were cool and knowledgeable and kind enough to offer assistance. It does require making meeting arrangements, though--otherwise you end up never seeing the people you want to play with, because they just aren't on when you are. As far as KI's rules--I don't find them inhibiting. Game friends aren't exactly real life friends, but you can share stuff that doesn't involve your personal info, and still feel like you are making a real connection. A couple of the people I like to play with the most, and talk to the most, go by several different wizard names. I don't know their real names, and don't need to. I know they are interesting and nice people, and I like talking to them about all kinds of stuff--culture, philosophy, and of course the game. It's all good, once you get used to it. Liberating, even.

you mentioned in your post that you would be willing to help and that's very nice of you, but I wouldn't know how to contact you without you being in my friends list already and I wouldn't know how to text you or add you to that list without you being in front of me so I could click to send you a friend request in person, so then how does someone contact another player who they've never friended before?

You do this by arranging a meeting place, time, and realm. Then the other person shows up and you add them. I've done this several times. So, if you would like to meet in game, I could meet you either Friday or Saturday night, 10:30 Eastern (7:30 PST), say in Scarecrow realm by Ogden Peake (the training points guy) in Celestia Base Camp. Getting the realm right is key--if you're not in Scarecrow, I won't see you. Anyway, let me know if you'd like to do that, and if either of those times might work. Again, I've gotten a lot of help from some nice people in the game, and I'm happy to pass it on.

Tabitha