Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance convert suggestion

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Balance is the only school that doesn't have something that will convert their spells into some other school.

This makes it very hard for Balance when facing balance enemies.

Since Balance takes from all other schools, I'm suggesting a convert that works randomly.

When cast, the convert will randomly pick any school BUT balance to convert to, and then when a balance spell is directed against it, it would turn that spell into the randomly chosen school's attack in the way that all the existing converts already do (storm becomes myth, life becomes death and so on). It might or might not be a school that balance gets a boost on, but it wouldn't be balance any more and that would be a large help to the balance mage.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Well you see, balance is the spark of fire, ice, and storm. So they do have elemental attacks like hydra, spectral, but when up agains a balance mob, it urks me when they have resisted my power nova. So in a way, it would work, and in a way, it wouldnt. I like to use my fire masrtery amiulet for my balance seeing it gets power pips, not accuracy -.o

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Delver
Mar 13, 2011
tanda1 wrote:
Balance is the only school that doesn't have something that will convert their spells into some other school.

This makes it very hard for Balance when facing balance enemies.

Since Balance takes from all other schools, I'm suggesting a convert that works randomly.

When cast, the convert will randomly pick any school BUT balance to convert to, and then when a balance spell is directed against it, it would turn that spell into the randomly chosen school's attack in the way that all the existing converts already do (storm becomes myth, life becomes death and so on). It might or might not be a school that balance gets a boost on, but it wouldn't be balance any more and that would be a large help to the balance mage.

Hydra+Elemental Blade+Elemental Trap+Gargantuan-type-enhancement=Good damage on balance mobs. Try it.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Why not just second in a spirit school? Although you can't get their full assortment of spells, balance blade would help bolster it. (In case you don't know, spirit damage does more damage to balance foes)
Sounds smart, and maybe a balance shield too? One of the main features of balance is that it is a balance of all schools. (Obviously ) So, a balance shield would destroy the integrity of it. Besides, Balance damage is (no offence) already a bit weak, and harder to damage-boost.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
another take on this idea, is to have a spell that would work like Giant or Monstrous form the sun school, in that you apply it to another spell tuning it into a treasure card for the match. The specifics of the spell though, would be that it converts a blade/trap spell from any school, to a universal damage boost.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Balance has boost on Myth, Life, and Death if you ever fight them with one of those schools.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
I see where your comming from but, as stated above, Balance is the only school that has a boost on three schools (Life, Death, and Myth
) and the Hydra spell does Fire, Ice and Storm damage, my suggestion would be to rely on a secendary school when fighting a Balance opponent, and in my experience Balance isn't a common enemy, but if they do make a spell like this one it would be helpful, but i don't think its neccisarily needed.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
adamloso wrote:
Sounds smart, and maybe a balance shield too?

tower shield and legion shield from ice is the only thing that works like a balance shield

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Hm... Nice idea but I'm still waffling over whether to support it or not. Plus that sounds like some tough programming for our KI guys.