Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Taunt = Broken ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
The only spell I cast with taunt on it is the Snow Angel, but it never seems to "taunt" enemies attention on me.

Does anyone know the way taunt works?

Thanks

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Taunt attempts to direct the enemies attacks to the caster. It's useless in PvP, and it doesn't work well against bosses or enemies who are a relatively high level, compared to the caster.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
JoshuaWilliam1 wrote:
The only spell I cast with taunt on it is the Snow Angel, but it never seems to "taunt" enemies attention on me.

Thanks

Taunts increase the "threat" level of each monster(s) that you threaten. Attacking and healing all raise the enemy's threat to the person doing so. However, even if you use Snow Angel and other taunting spells, if one of your friends are still using a very strong spell like Stormzilla, the enemy will still aim to attack him/her as your taunting does not go over the threat level of the other person that is using the spell. You will need to taunt a lot of times or use the "Mega Threat" cards to really grab the attention of the bad guys.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
JoshuaWilliam1 wrote:

Thanks

Yes, if someone is casting Taunt, everyone else cast their school version of Soothe and/or sit back and collect pips (pass every round). Attack/assist when you are full pips.

(This is all assuming everyone did not Fire Dragon, Forest Lord and Tempest right before the Taunt).