Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crown allawence for members

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
members should get around 5-10 crowns a day to make it able for them to buy better items

who agrees

Historian
May 28, 2009
NCGC wrote:
members should get around 5-10 crowns a day to make it able for them to buy better items

who agrees

Yea, i'm sure it will be good.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
I totally agree cause some people like me that can afford a membership but cNt go the extra mile for some crowns to spend but I was think maybe more like 1250 crowns a week and every week you delaid getting crowns you would get an extra 1500 crowns. Or maybe 10000 Month if play one hour a day for 30 days and you would collect them the very next day.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
NCGC wrote:

who agrees
that would make them broke

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
Historian
May 01, 2010
poinsdeth wrote:
I totally agree cause some people like me that can afford a membership but cNt go the extra mile for some crowns to spend but I was think maybe more like 1250 crowns a week and every week you delaid getting crowns you would get an extra 1500 crowns. Or maybe 10000 Month if play one hour a day for 30 days and you would collect them the very next day.

But you have to remember, a month's membership is rounded to about ten dollors, and what you are giving is 20 dollors worth, on the added benefeit of a subscrpition. And I am also going to let you in on something, one years membership at that, is enough to buy the whole spyral, in other words, KI will lose ALOT of money, for they get unlimited access to the spyral, for as little as 60 dollors. In other words, I do not see this anytime in the future.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I don't agree.

Yes, members should have a few more 'perks' but not crowns. Even if they did give crowns to members, the numbers people have posted in this thread is ridiculously high. KI is not a charity. They are a 'for profit' business, and in order to keep the bills paid, they need people to buy crowns. If they gave crowns away it would be less people buying them, therefore less money for them.

So what if they make millions of dollars. In doing so, they are giving a service to us...escape from reality, even if it is only for a few hours a day.

I have read many threads on here and on Central in regards to people wanting more crowns, more mega snacks, more pet energy, etc etc etc. One word sums it up GREED, and not on the part of KI. They have done their best to make most of the items available through farming, or with in game gold. People can spend their time either crying over wanting crowns, or enjoying the game. As for me, I will chose to spend my time enjoying the game and chatting with many of the wonderful people I have met during my adventures.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
I think you should have to log on, and get 5 crowns every day you log on and actually play for atleast an hour... that would actually be a good idea..

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Defender
Jan 20, 2010
While i agree that this would be nice, the numbers everyone here are putting forth are way too high. Something reasonable for KI to do would be 500 Crowns per account family per month. That is enough to get 2 an energy potions a month, but if you want to get something like a Stormhound, or Ithian specter it would take being a member, and saving your crowns for roughly 2 years. This seems very reasonable to me.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
JinZah wrote:
While i agree that this would be nice, the numbers everyone here are putting forth are way too high. Something reasonable for KI to do would be 500 Crowns per account family per month. That is enough to get 2 an energy potions a month, but if you want to get something like a Stormhound, or Ithian specter it would take being a member, and saving your crowns for roughly 2 years. This seems very reasonable to me.

I agree, it's not like you are paying for the crowns, it is an extra nice thing Kingsisle will be doing for us, so why expect more, we are lucky ( if it happens ) to even get extra crowns.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I have played games that give you premium money in game for having a membership, I don't see why wizard101 shouldn't.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
Look, I have sat here and read every post on this thread. KI is way too busy to reply to any posts, so I'll do it for them. Most of you won't understand my reason for this which will be in the bottom of this post.

All the people who say Oh, we Need crowns given to us are probably under a level of 25, because high levels don't EVER beg for things like this. Especially all the legends. They ask for help in Dungeons and towers. So, the crown asking window of opportunity for them is obviously closed. Maybe KI will do this but not anytime soon.

Most people ask for gifts and treasure cards in the Shopping District. This makes me impatient because they won't stop getting your attention till you chase them away. During holidays, this "begging" stops. Only because the Vendors attract all the attention, so they think they're out of luck till the vendor/holiday is gone.

In BASIC words: People are full of Greed and they ask for things like crowns, gifts, and treasure cards. So, people DON'T think about how KI is always trying to improve the SPIRAL not the WIZARDS.

Hopefully, some of you will take this to heart and Won't do the begging anymore but others can do a lot still. So at least make the Begger's have menu chat.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
NCGC wrote:

who agrees

Eh I don't think so this will ever happen. Maybe if if it did KI would make it a 100 crowns a month or so.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
KI giving away free crowns?

Yea, like that will ever happen. I do agree, however, that would be nice.

Getting a single minute reduction on energy timers and a few slot spaces more for membership does not justify the fact that players that unlock areas with crowns can permanently play for free.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010