Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So very very wrong. Maybe.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 28, 2011
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
My husband went to fight Frostbranch yesterday. (He solo's often.) While on the sigil 2 people jumped on with him. No big deal. More help, awesome. Through the whole battle, he tried talking to them, friending them and went so far as to beg them to let him add them. He was completely ignored. My husband was in the Sun spot, kept the battle going for them, and even healed them a time or 2. So what did they do when his health got really low, and subsequently died?? Absolutely nothing. He waited 5 rounds after dying and they still hadn't said anything to him (again, he was practically begging them to help him, or friend him so he could port back).

So to the 2 people who took advantage of someone who needed help...
Thank you so much for lowering my expectations of people even more.
I don't know your full names, but I do know that one of you is a Fire Grand and your name is Luis , and the other is a Balance Legend and your name is Elizabeth.

Btw.....Last night, after the whole dying thing, he tried again.
Beat Frostbranch! Solo! And Leveled up again to boot! Go Hubby!

Please dont lower your expectations too much. Many of what others posted is very possibly true as far as what could have happened. But I do know that even people on your friends list can be as rude as non friended people who join a fight. I'm a myth legend on one account with a lvl 56 life on another account. We had to do the golden seal quest yet again because when we helped someone the day before, I hadnt realized my life student actually had that quest, so at the end she didnt get the last trogg figuring we still had to wait for the quest and do it again anyway. Turns out she had the quest and I didnt realize, and I was freaked out by the fact that we had to go back in for the dang trogg :( Well, when repeating yesterday, we had on 3 occasions different friends who ported in on different battles, which added the fourth enemy :( then after a round or two our friend decided to flee with no explanation. After the first time, I wanted to turn off friend porting but forgot, thats why it happened 2 more times. then during battles with 4 enemies in that dungeon I remembered to turn off the port. Well, we were not doing well getting healing spells so when dead one would flee and try to port back, then I'd mess up picking a spell due to having to turn back on the friend port. It occured to me too late that, what the heck, we are fighting 4 enemies so if a friend ports in it wont add anymore and if they flee, no loss.

But I dont want you to feel too let down by others, any of my 10 students, especially my life wiz and my legend myth will help others, friend when requested so ppl can port back if we cant heal (tho my myth has a treant morph just for the healing ability to others) Both of these high lvl students of mine are very far behind in questing because we port (if able) whenever someone asks for help and have gained xp and lvls that way. So as legend myth, I am mid questing in DS, no CL access other than where every one of my students has a CL place marked so I can port there if needed, and my lvl 56 life is in MB and just finished wintertusk. And as legend, I am stopping my questing until KI raises the lvl cap because I'm not passing up the xp. Someone ask me to join waterworks so I did, and I'm not turning that quest in until I will get xp for leveling up :( So just working on getting the forest lord spell and pet for life student and helping others when called.
BTW, not to the OP but to everyone who posted different replies, I'm an adult who helps, but not all adults do. I've also met some awesome younger kids who help and appreciate help in return, so not all kids are selfish and rude. In this game you cant assume ignorance is a general kids trait. I jumped into a battle a while back because I needed to fight the same enemies for a quest, and the guy in the fight was not happy that I joined. Idk why he had issues, and I couldnt back out once on the duel spot. He ended up being rude, reporting me for no reason and harrassing me and used vulgar comments. I cant assume this was a kid or teen. Could have been any age, just a rude jerk for all I knew.

Point - there are great people in this game, I hope you and your hubby find some out there like me and all my students :) I wish there was a way to arrange a meeting place in the game with people that post they need help in the forum. I would gladly meet up and friend you guys and help out. :)

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
AmericanHappy wrote:
Just a quick note - not everyone who plays Wizard101 speaks English :)

If they are playing the game then they must know the numbers that showed her husband had low health and then was defeated.

Does not matter if they were kids or adults. Whether they had chat on or off, or had no chat at all. They can see his health or his head hanging and going around and around because he was defeated! If they had no healing cards perhaps they should not have jumped into his fight, especially one that hard. You can make any excuse you want for them, but they were in the wrong.

That said, not everyone is rude and I love the game. Kuddos to the wife for posting on her husband's behalf. This stuff happens to all of us and it is aggravating, especially in a long drawn out battle. Too bad he could not have gotten a life henchman, although it probably would have healed the other two and not him. LOL However the new henchmen don't heal anyone but themselves, so much for that help.

I am sick to death of people seemingly jumping into a fight and fleeing before you even know they are there except they leave the signs of lighted circles over the space they should be and of course another enemy! No time to get their names to report them. There should be a way for KI to monitor when this happens and respond. Maybe they get pulled into the fight by accident, but they could at least try to help. If KI comes up on a monitored report that someone is repeatedly doing this, they should be banned. Or maybe at least warned ONE time and if it continues, ban them.

That is my opinion.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
gmaof4ggmaof2 wrote:
AmericanHappy wrote:
Just a quick note - not everyone who plays Wizard101 speaks English :)

If they are playing the game then they must know the numbers that showed her husband had low health and then was defeated.

Does not matter if they were kids or adults. Whether they had chat on or off, or had no chat at all. They can see his health or his head hanging and going around and around because he was defeated! If they had no healing cards perhaps they should not have jumped into his fight, especially one that hard. You can make any excuse you want for them, but they were in the wrong.

That said, not everyone is rude and I love the game. Kuddos to the wife for posting on her husband's behalf. This stuff happens to all of us and it is aggravating, especially in a long drawn out battle. Too bad he could not have gotten a life henchman, although it probably would have healed the other two and not him. LOL However the new henchmen don't heal anyone but themselves, so much for that help.

I am sick to death of people seemingly jumping into a fight and fleeing before you even know they are there except they leave the signs of lighted circles over the space they should be and of course another enemy! No time to get their names to report them. There should be a way for KI to monitor when this happens and respond. Maybe they get pulled into the fight by accident, but they could at least try to help. If KI comes up on a monitored report that someone is repeatedly doing this, they should be banned. Or maybe at least warned ONE time and if it continues, ban them.

That is my opinion.

Couldn't have said it any better myself!