Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Awkward transition to crtical

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
I have only had one person to go through the whole "critical stage" but right when it starts it seems awkward wether to get the high damage or the low crtical chance, i think they should have made the transition more smoother, i dont know.
Ryan Owlwhisper-Lvl60
John Skull-Lvl50

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Nick16567 wrote:
I have only had one person to go through the whole "critical stage" but right when it starts it seems awkward wether to get the high damage or the low crtical chance, i think they should have made the transition more smoother, i dont know.
Ryan Owlwhisper-Lvl60
John Skull-Lvl50

Yes, KI recently corrected this problem with the release of Wintertusk. As it is now, you have two paths to choose from: Wintertusk or CL. If you choose the Wintertusk route, you will have earlier access to very nice gear (level 50-54) that boosts critical damage and block. If you choose the DS to Celestia route, you won't have reliable critical stats without sacrificing pips, health, etc. until level 56 or, if you craft, level 55.

My suggestion is to go the Wintertusk route and not even go to Celestia until around level 54-55. This strategy works well for my wizards.

Happy Questing,

qbb

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
Kinda wish I knew this earlier :(
I just did some of celestia and now I doing grizzleheim to go to winter tusk (ya i know i slow ). Actually doing part of either and then doing the other is a good strategy because its working well for me.
Then you could critical once and a while in wt or have good resist and attack stats for celestia but i like the stat cloths better than critical ( you dont get a good critical rate for celestia until you reach the waterworks in crab alley and even then the rate is still low if you open your spellbook to stats and place cursor over critical youll see why.)

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
asdfghjkl1234675 wrote:
Kinda wish I knew this earlier :(
I just did some of celestia and now I doing grizzleheim to go to winter tusk (ya i know i slow ). Actually doing part of either and then doing the other is a good strategy because its working well for me.

Take heart! Grizzleheim is beautiful, challenging, and just plain fun :) Wintertusk is a natural extension of Grizzleheim, and progress between level 46-55 is smooth and rewarding in many ways. Take your time and enjoy the Nordic story line. Watch out for the giants, though. They like to talk in riddles 8)

Regards,

qbb/Iridian/Scarlet/Moira/Alexandria