Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Smarts plus Thoughts equals

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 11, 2010
A lot of people think they're the best at PvP. Don't we all? So tell me. How do you think of yourself in PvP? My storm, death, life are meh. My balance is okay, sure.
My ice and fire I haven't even started on.

Other than that, it's the teamwork that makes the best teams in PvP. I've seen 2000 rank Warlords and all of them were the same almost.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I think of myself in PvP as ... okay, I guess.
It's not my fault that Death didn't get anything in the Wintertusk updates!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
jekbeau wrote:
A lot of people think they're the best at PvP. Don't we all? So tell me. How do you think of yourself in PvP? My storm, death, life are meh. My balance is okay, sure.
My ice and fire I haven't even started on.

Other than that, it's the teamwork that makes the best teams in PvP. I've seen 2000 rank Warlords and all of them were the same almost.

I think I'm epic at pvp. I've done it allot so I can kind of guess what the opponent's are using. Until level 52 that is.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I understand the game very well and PvP is something I do a lot of.
It's hard to give fair judgement on my abilities especially when I, like every other player here, has to rely on certain factors that are partly out of our control. Things such as the shuffle of spells in the deck play a big part in the flow of the match.

I've had moments where the order would be right and everything would just be going perfect.
I've had matches with the same deck where the very balance of my deck is completely thrown into chaos like when I'm fighting a super healer and all three of my infections don't show up until I'm down to my last ten cards!!

Things like that which are out of your control can ruin anyone. And we must also take into account how gear stat boosts in terms of attack, defense and heal are handled between each school/individual player.

So how do I do in PvP? Eh, I don't do as well as I used to.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
It's hard to give fair judgement on my abilities especially when I, like every other player here, has to rely on certain factors that are partly out of our control. Things such as the shuffle of spells in the deck play a big part in the flow of the match.

I've had moments where the order would be right and everything would just be going perfect.
I've had matches with the same deck where the very balance of my deck is completely thrown into chaos like when I'm fighting a super healer and all three of my infections don't show up until I'm down to my last ten cards!!

Things like that which are out of your control can ruin anyone. And we must also take into account how gear stat boosts in terms of attack, defense and heal are handled between each school/individual player.

Updates for Wizard101 are causing these.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
jekbeau wrote:
CorbinW wrote:

Updates for Wizard101 are causing these.

If you are referring to my part about gear changes, yeah I agree a bit.

The truly "fair" thing about playing against another player is the fact that our decks are shuffled randomly. It is that unbiased chaos that comes from the shuffled deck that is truly fair. It is random. It doesn't care. It pushes you to balance and squeeze the best out of your deck and your spells. I personally hate using treasures because I have to discard. My deck is so balanced that discarding to me, kind of hurts. I guess that can be seen as an issue. I dont have needed extras of certain critical spells. Maybe three infection isn't always enough, etc. It always changes and that's just great. I guess the updates are constantly egging players, definitely including myself, to run to the best gear out there, squeeze everything I can out of my resist, heals and attack boosts with pets and other gear. But the deck matters too. I want to see more players concerned about balancing their deck, and not looking for godlike gear. I do like a lot of the great stats some gear has though.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Hmm, I'm okay. I am good at strategy and casting the right spells at the right time, I just can't construct a good deck, or obtain a perfect pet (hey that rhymes.)

-Solstice64

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
i consider myself better than avarage but not quite warlord skill level.