Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Create-a-Pet

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, this will be an expensive pet, to say the least, but well worth it...

KI can take a few Model pets, such as the zilla, helephant, dragon, hound, and cat...

Then, from there, you can choose the color of your pet, including ghost color!

Then, you can choose a spell for your pet to get at baby...

Now, so as not to have the pets too overpowered, you can choose up to a rank 6 spell, or an enchanted school blade, or even a dragonblade!

Then, you get to pick 10 talents from a list that your pet might get...
Would be even better, if you could choose the exact 4 talents, especially for this price... However, all stats will be 250...

Now the cost, for this Super Mega Pet, it has to be worth it to KI, and since the players can pick and choose, a fair cost would be around 40k to 50k crowns!

What do you think?

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Now the cost, for this Super Mega Pet, it has to be worth it to KI, and since the players can pick and choose, a fair cost would be around 40k to 50k crowns!

I read the idea. I liked everything BUT the price. Some people can barely afford some things in the Crown Shop. 40,000-50,000 Crowns is 8 times more expensive than the most expensive thing in the CS. Plus, I only have 5 crowns left. Sorry, but no. Maybe if it was 40,000-50,000 gold, yes. But not crowns, sorry.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Okay, this will be an expensive pet, to say the least, but well worth it...

KI can take a few Model pets, such as the zilla, helephant, dragon, hound, and cat...

Then, from there, you can choose the color of your pet, including ghost color!

Then, you can choose a spell for your pet to get at baby...

Now, so as not to have the pets too overpowered, you can choose up to a rank 6 spell, or an enchanted school blade, or even a dragonblade!

Then, you get to pick 10 talents from a list that your pet might get...
Would be even better, if you could choose the exact 4 talents, especially for this price... However, all stats will be 250...

What do you think?

It's good, since only a couple people will have it But what would be the hatch cost...

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I just recently submitted a post this past week regarding pets and color choices. I definitely think if KI doesnt go with your plan, they should most definitely allow us any color dye options for our pets, and i think all pets should have spritely, since the pet decides when or if to use it, game play would be fair. I also think all pets should get some form of game play card during training, but I do not think any pet should have to wait until epic to get access to it's card, that is not fair.

As far as picking the spell for your pet, maybe that could be an extra crown cost option depending on if you pick a spell from your original school, a spell related to the type of pet or higher pricing if you pick different from your school spells or from the type of pet it is. However, the pricing you've listed is a bit high, as some people are barely able to obtain crowns just to enter game play areas, some get their pets from game cards. I, along with many others, only buy more crowns when they go on sale for 60,000 for $60 and your pricing would leave me barely none for gear or clothing stiching. As it is, i have to wait for items in the crown shop to go on sale before I buy them (except for the nightmare pony, price was good and didnt have to wait to lvl up my fire student to hatch for this pet) I am longing to get the black pegasus mount but it's just too expensive as are a variety of things in the crown shop.

I think every pet should also automatically give you a blade, shield and trap for the type of pet it is, along with the spritely. I was suprised to see the nightmare pony from the crown shop get the unicorn card, since I had seen someone elses nightmare pony use spritely on them.

Overall your idea isnt bad, I just dont think there should be that many options for a student to pick for their pet. Things might not be all that fair if ppl can pick a rank 6 spell for their pet (though pricing per rank of spell is an option) but then ppl that can afford tons of crowns will have super powered pets and those of us that cant afford all those choices have a seemingly useless pet, as some are (and we stick them in various rooms in our houses). I've done a critical multiple kill hit with a 4 pip humongofrog spell, so I dont think pets need higher than a 4 pip spell but all should have the blade, trap, shield and spritely for sure.

taryn ravenheart

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Delver
Apr 10, 2010

A pet I'd love to see is a spirit version of the hydra. One that does life, death, and myth attacks.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
Very good idea, except some people can't afford that. May'be 20k crowns instead? I only have 49 crowns left so... Or it could be 40k or 50k crowns & then you'd be able to convert it into a gold price [Example: 50k crowns = paying 50k gold for the pet].

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, considering that a house that costs 10k crowns costs 100k gold, if they did allow these pets, I would think they would have to cost 200k gold... However, that would be well worth it...

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Pets are unique in there own way, then you could just have ANY pet you want, and everything you want. Trust me, i have experienced that, and it is NOT fun... I would disagree with this, because for all that hard work, nobody would buy a custom pet for 60 dollars...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
EvanJadepetal wrote:
Pets are unique in there own way, then you could just have ANY pet you want, and everything you want. Trust me, i have experienced that, and it is NOT fun... I would disagree with this, because for all that hard work, nobody would buy a custom pet for 60 dollars...

Oh really? You don't think so? Do you know how many people buy crown pets? Then do you have any idea how many people buy mega snacks to train those pets, just to hatch again and again to get the talents they want, all the while buying and using mega snacks to train those pets, to may or may not get the desired talents...

This is a way, to ensure the pet you want, with the talent you want, which is also why, it would be an expensive pet!