Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are they Really that hard?

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
I am the strategy guy for my friends. I just completed The GrandMaster Tower a few days ago (Actually, my friends go into the battle while I talked with the quest guy and completed it without fighting the last boss! But I joined my friends in the fights and we all lost! :( 3wizards of level 55 aren't enough)

Well, I like to check Wizard101 Wiki to see about the next quests I need to fight and more. I saw that the bosses in Water works can cheat that much! With blade time and trap times......I knew that now but it will be so hard to do it for real! Is it really that hard? Am I overshadowed by the cheats?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You need a strategy for cheating bosses. Wizard101 Central has several strategy guides.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
I am the strategy guy for my friends. I just completed The GrandMaster Tower a few days ago (Actually, my friends go into the battle while I talked with the quest guy and completed it without fighting the last boss! But I joined my friends in the fights and we all lost! :( 3wizards of level 55 aren't enough)

Well, I like to check Wizard101 Wiki to see about the next quests I need to fight and more. I saw that the bosses in Water works can cheat that much! With blade time and trap times......I knew that now but it will be so hard to do it for real! Is it really that hard? Am I overshadowed by the cheats?

ELECTRIC333 unfortunatly yes there that hard but if ya know the cheats and make a plan to overcome that cheat then it might be a peice of cake

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Yeah, they do have complex cheats, but don't worry. Once you know how they cheat, forming a strategy will be easy.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Waterworks is actually a piece of cake, or a knife through warm butter, compared to tower of the helephant!

A few things to note, the first 3 rounds are traps, then it changes to blades for 4 rounds, then back to traps for 4 rounds, and continues this process! That is, unless someone casts and breaks the rules... Then it can change...

Vaporize on Sylster, during trap rounds, will enable you to keep traps when it changes to Blade round...

Dissapate on Sylster, during blade rounds, will enable you to keep blades when it changes to Trap round...

Attack all spells work at all times without ever activating a cheat, so only when you attack a single boss, do you have to have a blade during blade rounds, or have a trap during trap rounds....

Now, Tower of the Helephant, is a totally different story and strategy...

Good Luck!

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Waterworks is actually a piece of cake, or a knife through warm butter, compared to tower of the helephant!

A few things to note, the first 3 rounds are traps, then it changes to blades for 4 rounds, then back to traps for 4 rounds, and continues this process! That is, unless someone casts and breaks the rules... Then it can change...

Vaporize on Sylster, during trap rounds, will enable you to keep traps when it changes to Blade round...

Dissapate on Sylster, during blade rounds, will enable you to keep blades when it changes to Trap round...

Attack all spells work at all times without ever activating a cheat, so only when you attack a single boss, do you have to have a blade during blade rounds, or have a trap during trap rounds....

Now, Tower of the Helephant, is a totally different story and strategy...

Good Luck!

sorry, but i dont think itll work. one time when sylster changed to traps, a teammate had so many blades one of them got spared. he attacked with that blade but sylster said "no traps?" and cheated, so i guess that means a trap was needed

Survivor
May 26, 2011
Don't find it really hard, Wizard City was a piece of cake. I defeated Lord Nightshade by myself without and problems.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
marolin23 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Attack all spells work at all times without ever activating a cheat, so only when you attack a single boss, do you have to have a blade during blade rounds, or have a trap during trap rounds....Now, Tower of the Helephant, is a totally different story and strategy...

Good Luck!

sorry, but i dont think itll work. one time when sylster changed to traps, a teammate had so many blades one of them got spared. he attacked with that blade but sylster said "no traps?" and cheated, so i guess that means a trap was needed

Ok, maybe you did not read everything I posted, so, I put in bold print the part that specifies what activates a cheat and what does not...