Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Teleporter traps are getting out of hand!

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
I love the new teleporters, but some tricksy wizards use them as traps. It's getting out of hand! They always send you into a jail cell or an area that's blocked with items. It's cool and laughable the first time...But now, almost everyone do this!

It's getting very annoying. Especially for a wizard like me who parents don't buy me crowns (I already said this)! :( I think there should be a choice to see on a teleporter: Do you want to go to that area? (Show Picture of area). I guess we can all agree that if you block ways with items in a house and make a teleporter maze, it will be cool. But not completely blocked! But the thing is, after I knew this, I try not to go in it again, but there's so many friends that have other friends that have this kind of traps. And I can't bear my curiosity to enter a teleporter. Just to find myself inside a trapped enviroment.

I hope KI could do something to ajust a little about the teleporters, and my fellow wizards, try not to make too much. It's annoying and destroy the purpose of teleporters.

To be honest, I failed more than 4 times into these traps and I wasn't pleased at all. I actually want to make some, but tell my friends where my telelporters leads to and make them prank their friends (But not too much obiously).

I hope this could be fixed soon. It's more annoying than Chain Stunning!

Reply if you agree! :D

Colin Legend Gem Level 55 Myth

"Power Of the Mind vaporizes no dreams, yet vanquishes Nightmares"

Cya!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I don't see the problem. There is always the option of porting to your own home or to the commons area, therefore, you are not really 'trapped'.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 life

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
You say you want KI to do something about players making teleporters box you into an unescapeable corner, yet you want to do the same ting in your house?

Seem a bit contradictory, no?

Besides, KI isn't going to interfere with what people do in their own homes with something as innocuous as teleporters landing someone into a jail cell.

There's always the option of teleporting straight back to the friend that owns the house, or hitting your own home or common-area button.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009

well it seems you are happy cause you seem to fall in to traps...
i have traps set up in places where you shouldn't be running any way.
it helps me control who is where
and i also construct wall to make barriers in my home for private spaces.
even to the point of locking the house to those who disrespect others areas.

so if you see a teleporter think twice before you enter it or
ask some one who just did where they are before entering.
if you run head long in to one well then it only shows you do not learn
from previous experiences

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
So if i read this right, it's not so much that this happens that you want this removed, it's that you don't have the crowns to do it yourself, and so want to ruin the fun for everyone else... Nice, really nice!

i recommend, if you get hopelessly stuck in a friends maze, that you use the port to commons button, and save your money from mowing yards or something. You can get a 10$ crowns card at Walmart.

But hey, thanks for trying to kill the cheer for the rest of us !

Historian
May 28, 2009
Well then end of this discustion now. Since I guess it's over...

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
um what if people want it a suprise to see where you are going? maybe there should be a option for suprise teleports? :)

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
ELECTRIC333 your request is unfair to others my cousin enjoys setting traps in his house and locks me in all the time, its funny! if you do not like to be trapped then Tele out. HooVooLoo is correct though KI isn't going to interfere with what people do in their homes teleporter are made for porting easier anywhere you want. if you cant buy the teleporters then just craft them! then you to can mess around with the teleporters

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
btw this should have been posted on ravenwood commons formum

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
I love the new teleporters, but some tricksy wizards use them as traps. It's getting out of hand! They always send you into a jail cell or an area that's blocked with items. It's cool and laughable the first time...But now, almost everyone do this!

It's getting very annoying. Especially for a wizard like me who parents don't buy me crowns (I already said this)! :( I think there should be a choice to see on a teleporter: Do you want to go to that area? (Show Picture of area). I guess we can all agree that if you block ways with items in a house and make a teleporter maze, it will be cool. But not completely blocked! But the thing is, after I knew this, I try not to go in it again, but there's so many friends that have other friends that have this kind of traps. And I can't bear my curiosity to enter a teleporter. Just to find myself inside a trapped enviroment.

I hope KI could do something to ajust a little about the teleporters, and my fellow wizards, try not to make too much. It's annoying and destroy the purpose of teleporters.

To be honest, I failed more than 4 times into these traps and I wasn't pleased at all. I actually want to make some, but tell my friends where my telelporters leads to and make them prank their friends (But not too much obiously).

I hope this could be fixed soon. It's more annoying than Chain Stunning!

Reply if you agree! :D

Colin Legend Gem Level 55 Myth

"Power Of the Mind vaporizes no dreams, yet vanquishes Nightmares"

Cya!
so true