Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun Impossible!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 27, 2009
jekbeau wrote:
Jotun Possible! Legendary, full team, it will be too easy.

tried a legendary team 2 times before. still could not beat him.

I have helephant.
I just got all of the spells from Professor falmea.

Can somebody please tell me what to do??

bailey skullvault: pyromancer
Destiny swifthaven: sorcerer
Isabelle: thurgest
Ryan: thamutaurge

Sorry I spelled the schools wrong!! ;

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
landlie9 wrote:
jekbeau wrote:
Jotun Possible! Legendary, full team, it will be too easy.

tried a legendary team 2 times before. still could not beat him.

I have helephant.
I just got all of the spells from Professor falmea.

Can somebody please tell me what to do??

bailey skullvault: pyromancer
Destiny swifthaven: sorcerer
Isabelle: thurgest
Ryan: thamutaurge

Sorry I spelled the schools wrong!! ;

Just one question here: are you trying to fight Jotun and his two brothers at the same time?

When I did Nidavellir, I did it in three parts: Helgrind Warren, Winterdeep Warren, and then Hall of Valor. That way I eliminated his two brothers in the first two sections, so when I got to the Hall of Valor, I only had Jotun and one helper.

I used a few henchmen in each section, and I managed to finish it.

Here is a link that shows the three areas, and on the map enclosed for Winterdeep Warren, it shows a path that helps too.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=137877&postcount=6

Maybe this will help a little. ?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I defeated Jotun as soon as I hit level 40 (Ice wizard) all by myself, so it is possible.

The King in Grizzleheim tells you the best way to beat Jotun is to take care of his brothers first.

The first brother (far left door) is the hardest, as you have to beat many many opponents just to be able to get to him. Just make sure all your potion bottles are full before you go in.

The second brother (far right door) is much easier to get to, if you can get through the maze without battling the other opponents to get to him.

Then, Jotun (middle door) and just one minion are the only ones you have to battle.

Although I would have been glad if anyone wanted to help, I didn't have it, so I completed it by myself. My spouse just completed Jotun (Death wizard) by himself, but had a level 50 Life Henchman assisting with health (it never attacked).

It is possible. Patience and strategy are your best tools! :)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I just had two more thoughts. You have to do Helgrind Warren and Wnterdeep Warren anyway, if you want to get the yardbird and the history book.

The attached link gives info on where to find them:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34&highlight=zeke+s+quests

The bird is in one of the Element Rooms. I think it was the Storm Room, but I'm not exactly sure.

The book is near the end of the maze. Before you go up the ramp to fight the brother, turn left and pick up the book. Actually, if you forget to pick up the book, you can just go back in and follow the path on the maze to pick up the book later. You don't have to fight the brother again to get the book.

Hope this helps.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
I think he is possible to solo when you are level 70-80 or maybe some more level's when it is release.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
wwiill11 wrote:
ajrdog123 wrote:
Jotun is impossible! I have been stuck at him for about 2 weeks now. I know you can defeat his brothers in the warrens but I can't beat those either. I try to get my friends to help, but they never have time. Does anybody have some good advice?

Jacob WildBlood Level 41 Life

I know it looks that way, but call in a few friends! Friends are really helpful and thats how I beat him the first time. I can now beat his brothers solo, but try attacking him first instead of last! Trust me, it works.

William Deathhead, -Level 68 necromancer

I have defeated him alone with his brothers and he lose... :D :D

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Soloed it in 5 minutes. Haven't done secret bosses or the other dungeons yet.

Andrew Stormblade Myth lvl 63 at the time (lvl 76 now)

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
I did solo Jotun, but I did Winterdeep Warren and Helgrind Warren first. I soloed Winterdeep with no henchman when I was fighting Grettir, and it was pretty hard. I came out with 700 health. For Helgrind I had an Archmage Life help me, because I knew it would take forever otherwise, lol. Jotun was pretty easy, except for the part where he used 2 Krakens in a row . I knocked him out in one hit with my Judge and a Feint Treasure Card. Plus my Piggle BalanceBlade :D :D No critical involved

Seth

Level 54 Balance, who was Level 51 when he beat Jotun.

Survivor
May 28, 2012
My Wife and I took Jotun down around our mid to late 30's (if I remember correctly). She plays a Life wizard and I play a Balance one.

We did the brother's dungeon on the left side first, the night before. Came back the next day and killed the second brother on the right and then tackled Jotun.

The whole thing took a couple hours to complete but we didn't have any deaths (yay for heals!).

Our strategy was to just buff my wife's Life wizard and debuff the bosses with as much % to damage as we could then have her cast her highest pip spell (which was Centaur at the time).

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
You can take away one of the brothers. When you come down the stairs take a right and there will be an untitled book pedestal. Read it and one of the brothers will disappear.

Hope this helps :D :) :-) :D :( :-o 8) :x :P

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
I am pretty sure you have to be at a level 40 to get this quest. That said I am a level 40 fire wizard and can't imagine how to beat a boss with 9,000 health.

Do the different school have different amounts of health at different levels. It would be nice to know that information if it is different because when folks talk about how they get through a quest a lot more goes into winning than just your level. And although the spells available are important, the amount of health you go in with is a big deal. Like I said above, I just hit level 40 fire, I have 2,009 Health . I am pretty sure I have all the gear and equipment I can get at my level to maximize my numbers. (I am a paid member and have spent some crowns on gear

Another issue is the pip percentage. I can't seem to get above 51% . I was told anything at 50% and above was great. I'm not sure I agree. but I am open to the idea.

So, since I don't have a group of 2 or 3 high level players to help me, I don't know what to do to move forward.

Sarai Thundergrove, Master Pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
ajrdog123 wrote:
Jotun is impossible! I have been stuck at him for about 2 weeks now. I know you can defeat his brothers in the warrens but I can't beat those either. I try to get my friends to help, but they never have time. Does anybody have some good advice?

well heres what you do you go to helgrind warren and defaet one of the brothers there and then you can go into the winterdeep warren and defeat the other brother then you can go to jotun and e will be by himself but you have to make sure you do it with the same people or else he wont be alone

Jordan Ashhaven Lvl 69 Fire

Survivor
Apr 02, 2011
Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
I am a lvl 58 pyromancer and i beat Joton at lvl 39 in one hit with my friends tempest and he was lvl 38 so he is one of the easy bosses hard dudes you must solo like the grand master spell quest that is a hard boss.

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
I don't understand how you could hit a boss who has 9,000 health with one hit. What am i missing. I can't even figure out how even 4 of us could manage it - maybe but just. At the level I was at - 40, you usually (at least a fire wizard) have around 1800-2000 health. So I am wondering, what spell did you throw that knocked him out with one Hit? I have both the fire and Ice, 2nd to highest cards - Helephant -6 pips doing 625 -705 damage, or Collassus - 6pips doing 500-580 damage. I also can only find a Treasure card that does 500-580 damage (Skeletal Pirate). I know there is a lot more that goes in to it - pip percentage, accuracy, damage etc. but I still don't understand how it is done. Could you explain in more detail?

I have to say I have just left it at this time and will go back when i am at a higher level. Even though i am now at level 46, I still only have 2399 health with a 64% power pip score. I am now in Dragonspyre which is a challenge, but nothing so far like Jotun.

Thanks,

Sarai

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Darlar828 wrote:
I don't understand how you could hit a boss who has 9,000 health with one hit. What am i missing.

Enchantments, Blades, and Traps.

For example, I am a Life Wizard.

At level 40 or 50 when I finally did Jotun, my strongest hit was a Centaur, which does a minimum of 515 damage.

Apply a Treasure Card called Monstrous to it (+175); 515 + 175 = 690 minimum damage.

Now add LifeBlade for +40%; 690 x 1.40 = 966 minimum damage.
Add Life Trap for +25%; 966 x 1.25 = 1,207 minimum.

Go to Niles, the Balance Tree, and spend training points on Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap.

Spirit Blade +35%; 1,207 x 1.35 = 1,629 minimum.
Spirit Trap +25%; 1,629 x 1.25 = 2,036 minimum.

Go to the Library and buy Treasure Card Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap.

TC Spirit Blade +40%; 2,036 x 1.40 = 2,850 minimum.
TC Spirit Trap +30%; 2,850 x 1.30 = 3,705 minimum.

From Gardening, quest drops, the Bazaar, or possibly a Death Wizard friend who could have traded it to you, you may have collected Treasure Card Feint.

TC Feint +70%; 3,705 x 1.70 = 6,298 minimum.

If you spent seven of your Training Points in the Death School, you could also have the trained school Feint, which "stacks with" the TC Feint.

Trained Feint +70%; 6,298 x 1.70 = 10,706 minimum damage.

Assuming you managed to stay alive long enough to put all these blades and traps and feints (oh my) in the air (being a Life Wizard, or bringing someone with a good array of healing, does make this possible, even with the "back end" of the Feints trapping yourself), you now unleash your Centaur and do at least 10k damage in a single hit.

If you have BalanceBlades and DragonBlades and Treasure LifeBlades and Treasure Life Traps and Curses and Hexes, the numbers go up pretty rapidly at this point with every little thing you throw into the pile.

It takes time, patience, and sustainability (lots of resistance, shields, and heals), but --

That's how it is done.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
marinersk wrote:
Darlar828 wrote:
I don't understand how you could hit a boss who has 9,000 health with one hit. What am i missing.

Enchantments, Blades, and Traps.

For example, I am a Life Wizard.

At level 40 or 50 when I finally did Jotun, my strongest hit was a Centaur, which does a minimum of 515 damage.

Apply a Treasure Card called Monstrous to it (+175); 515 + 175 = 690 minimum damage.

Now add LifeBlade for +40%; 690 x 1.40 = 966 minimum damage.
Add Life Trap for +25%; 966 x 1.25 = 1,207 minimum.

Go to Niles, the Balance Tree, and spend training points on Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap.

Spirit Blade +35%; 1,207 x 1.35 = 1,629 minimum.
Spirit Trap +25%; 1,629 x 1.25 = 2,036 minimum.

Go to the Library and buy Treasure Card Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap.

TC Spirit Blade +40%; 2,036 x 1.40 = 2,850 minimum.
TC Spirit Trap +30%; 2,850 x 1.30 = 3,705 minimum.

From Gardening, quest drops, the Bazaar, or possibly a Death Wizard friend who could have traded it to you, you may have collected Treasure Card Feint.

TC Feint +70%; 3,705 x 1.70 = 6,298 minimum.

If you spent seven of your Training Points in the Death School, you could also have the trained school Feint, which "stacks with" the TC Feint.

Trained Feint +70%; 6,298 x 1.70 = 10,706 minimum damage.

Assuming you managed to stay alive long enough to put all these blades and traps and feints (oh my) in the air (being a Life Wizard, or bringing someone with a good array of healing, does make this possible, even with the "back end" of the Feints trapping yourself), you now unleash your Centaur and do at least 10k damage in a single hit.

If you have BalanceBlades and DragonBlades and Treasure LifeBlades and Treasure Life Traps and Curses and Hexes, the numbers go up pretty rapidly at this point with every little thing you throw into the pile.

It takes time, patience, and sustainability (lots of resistance, shields, and heals), but --

That's how it is done.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Lol i'm life aswell but i'm only a level 38 and my centaur with no boosts (except clothing boosts) does a minimum of 660 damage.

Level 38 Magus Theurgist Gabriel Ashleaf

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
ajrdog123 wrote:

Get help from someone a lot stronger than you. :D :-) :)

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
buster1600 wrote:
No he isn't. I killed him in one try.

Nicole A. Master Pyromancer
Well that means you are good. Face it, he is quite hard. If you beat him in one try, then give credit to yourself, not saying that Jotun is weak!

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Do the other side dungeons first with people and beat the two brothers remember. Do not enter with different people or else the brothers will respawn. Trust me its happened before. Personal experience.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
If you do both Helgrind and Winterdeep warren and beat Grettir and Ullik, then after that you fight Jotun,

Jotun will then only spawn with his weaker death grendal minion. And a little warning: you must do all the three dungeons, helgrind warren, winterdeep warren, and hall of valor with the same people! Otherwise if you do without the same people even though you beat the dungeons Jotun will spawn with both Grettir and Ullik and with his death minion!

Jotun now has a new pet drop, the "Red Cap" pet its a crowns pet so if you are collecting pets you might wanna farm him. I also soloed Jotun with both dungeons complete, with one of his brothers which only one of his other brothers spawn if you only beat one of the dungeons, and i took the challenge and actually beat Jotun with his minion and his brothers.

You may also wanna get a balance wizard, life wizard, and a myth wizard. Hope this helps!

Hunter LegendSmith lvl 75 transcendent, ice wizard.

PS: Anyone for mirror lake?

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
well,i know you said that you beat him now,but for others that are stuck,when i beat him,i was level 53 , and i was with another person,level 65,and we beat all 3 brothers at once.i got defeated once,so i had to refill on health,and teleport back,and so did my level 65 friend,but we beat him kinda easily with no crown uses.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
well,i dont necessarily think that you need 4 people,i mean,guys,i beat this with 1 other person,and no minions,and i battled all brothers at once.it was pretty hard,because jotun kept on spamming kraken on me,and ullik spammed ghoul and a little bit of vampire on me,and grettir kept using leprauchan and seraph on my friend,so me and him died kinda fast,but i teleported to him,with 47 health(because i had no potions) and he teleported to me when he died.but,if you still cant beat it with a legendary and you,wait until your a level,about,50. once your 50,get your legendary again,and try again.if this still doesnt work,or you dont wanna wait that long,then get a life,death,myth, and balance.(balance for buff)

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
for the first time jotun quest having player can go there with one of archmage, you should handle them all.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
ajrdog123 on Oct 6, 2011 wrote:

have some friends help out. when i was level 50 -60 i farmed him so he shouldn't be to hard.