Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun Impossible!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 06, 2009
ajrdog123 wrote:
Jotun is impossible! I have been stuck at him for about 2 weeks now. I know you can defeat his brothers in the warrens but I can't beat those either. I try to get my friends to help, but they never have time. Does anybody have some good advice?

Jacob WildBlood Level 41 Life

I know it looks that way, but call in a few friends! Friends are really helpful and thats how I beat him the first time. I can now beat his brothers solo, but try attacking him first instead of last! Trust me, it works.

William Deathhead, -Level 68 necromancer

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
My level 48 fire friend, and me at the time- a level 35 fire kid- took about a half hour battle but we did.
Strategy-
One person attacks and attacks, the other person-the weaker- heals 'n shields
if you get defeated- flee, get a potion, then get back to the battle as fast as possible
Not impossible- just tricky

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
OK nice to know a group can beat him. How about this and any help would be nice.

I solo this game, when I play there are not many people on and most are in the commons playing areas.

Just curious on this as noone can answer this one, KI refers me to pages that list grouping as the only way to beat this. KI stated sounded like I'm Bugged.

I have already beaten the brothers Grettir (twice) and Ullik (5 times) and I still get Ullik and Jotun and trash mob. Ok, great I'm bugged, so how would you suggest I defeat two names Ullik (8k hp) and Jotun (9K HP) Solo.

Other than becoming lvl 70 and coming back and taking care of business, any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kymma
Lvl 48 Necro (Death)

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
After ever so foolishly galavanting into Jotun's chamber's, brothers and all, with I only a beginning master and a magus partner, I not knowingly flung myself into a nearly impossible battle. But a mere few minutes had passed when my partner was dead, and I dangled from a thin pool of red in my health globe. When walking out of the dungeon, I thought to myself that I would leave this quest be a few levels, until 50 perhaps, and then i'd return.
After waiting twenty more levels I returned once more, and defeated all three brothers, making a quite rewarding battle. Feeling victorious, I told my friends of my accomplishment, only to find out thought I could have done two individual dungeons to single out the brothers and defeat the single one at one time... My advice to you is that you rally up a group of your allies, and ask them to go on a three dungeon expidition with you in Nidivalier. If not available, go to the commons an recruit some comrades yourself. If you do so, defeating Jotun shall be simple.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Mindyseaearth wrote:
I just fought Jotun and his brothers with two friends and defeated them. But the Quest is still in my book. Did I not get credit for it because I had to flee to get a potion refill. Was only gone for like 3 seconds.??? :(

Yup, no credit for you.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
it's impossible to do alone but with four people its easy. only took me one try to kill him.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
I have killed him 2 times........ I guess it helps that I am level 67 and I have almost all my spells.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Jotun should be harder. I have beaten him 3 times and the first time was when I was only level 26.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
ajrdog123 wrote:
Jotun is impossible! I have been stuck at him for about 2 weeks now. I know you can defeat his brothers in the warrens but I can't beat those either. I try to get my friends to help, but they never have time. Does anybody have some good advice?

I did this quest the day I got it. My bro and I killed him and his bros in 3-4 rounds
Justin Hawkstalker level 63 myth. (ps: I was lvl 58 at the time and my bro was lvl 64)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Ha. Just did it today. Here's my tactic:
Bring three people (Including you)
Here are the school combos for them:
Balance/Death(me)
Storm/Life
Storm/? (Forgot this one. Couldn't tell)
Whenever we got defeated, we fled, took a potion, and tp'd back.

It was a long 1 hour 30 minute fight, but we did it.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
ajrdog123 wrote:

HI I am Monica Silvershield at lvl 48. I cannot get a higher lvl until I defeat Jotun. I, like you have been unable to get assistance. I have tried many times with only a minion and one other person, but we run out of health and mana and have to leave the game to get more. Frustrating. I have no advice but would like to get a couple of Sorcerers together to allow the people who need to get Jotun the ability to do so. I appreciate help and advice. I would be willing to fight them and allow you to have first crack at Jotun, but i would need you and a couple of Sorcerers to allow me the same deal in return so I can get credit for its demise.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
buster1600 wrote:
No he isn't. I killed him in one try.

Nicole A. Master Pyromancer

Can you tell us how?
What cards, how much energy, etc.?
Thank you.
MonicaS.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2011
jotun is rather difficult but take out his brothers first and you should be ok

Natalie Crowshade transcended necromancer

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
oakmoon wrote:
HI I am Monica Silvershield at lvl 48. I cannot get a higher lvl until I defeat Jotun. I, like you have been unable to get assistance. I have tried many times with only a minion and one other person, but we run out of health and mana and have to leave the game to get more. Frustrating. I have no advice but would like to get a couple of Sorcerers together to allow the people who need to get Jotun the ability to do so. I appreciate help and advice. I would be willing to fight them and allow you to have first crack at Jotun, but i would need you and a couple of Sorcerers to allow me the same deal in return so I can get credit for its demise.

Monica, when do you play? We can try to arrange a raid if you like. I have gotten to the point where going solo against Jotun and his brothers is no issue for me, so the two of us should be able to clean his clock.

I tend to be on weeknights and most weekend afternoons.

If we can establish a definite time, we can meet at the door in Pixie Realm and we'll get you past Jotun.

Send reply here and let's see what we can set up.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
ajrdog123 wrote:

Unfortunately, in whatever is called the "big dungeon" for your level, they design the challenges such that having friends is advised. You can get past that, but the easiest, and frankly, the most fun, is to get friends.

It is kind of in everyone's best interest to develop a good group of trusted and enjoyable friends.

You have more fun.
Your interest level is higher.
KI keeps your subscription.

Everybody wins.

Oh, and the best way to beat a difficult boss (or set of bosses) is to share the damage, which means bringing other people along. The fact that they can balance out your school, or heal, or do more damage than you can alone, all help, but the bottom line is if you have 2000 Health and the boss and his friends can dish out 2200 Health in a single turn, odds are good it will be split between you and your friend, which means you both live. If you go solo, you get all 2200 and you could die without proper tactics.

Mundane answers are all true: More shields, more buffs, more heals, more Resist.

But my favorite way to beat a tough boss: More friends.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I have been stuck on Jotun for months now. I got the quest way back in October and its March! I have 3 legandaries to help me every time but i still fail! Eventually if i don't get him by the 4 of July i am going completely give up. anyway, my point is Jotun is super super hard.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
I defeated him quickly with forest lord and ciritical boom over 10,000 damage to all of them solo!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
ajrdog123 wrote:

Go to wizard city and find one ore two level 70 to help you and you are done

Michael FireGem Level 67 fire (legendary pyromancer)

Survivor
Nov 29, 2011
I NEED HELP! I killed Jotun's brothers and went to fight him in the hall of valor with a friend, but his brothers were there! How do I get rid of them for good?

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
ajrdog123 wrote:

You really need all 4 people to complete this. They should all really be level 50 and up or it won't work. I've beaten it many times on different accounts and sometimes its really being in the right place at the right time, like having a transcended or legendary standing outside the sigil. I reccomend skipping Grizzleheim until you are a higher level and have more friends that can help you if you can't find a good team to enter the dungeon.

With my accounts i usually go up to the end of Dragonspyre and then go to Grizzleheim. This really helps with Celestia because you get more advanced spells after doing Wintertusk, and its a lot easier.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
landlie9 wrote:
I have been stuck on Jotun for months now. I got the quest way back in October and its March! I have 3 legandaries to help me every time but i still fail! Eventually if i don't get him by the 4 of July i am going completely give up. anyway, my point is Jotun is super super hard.

Sorry I missed your note; I visit the forums in bursts.

If you can post a time when you tend to be on, mayhaps we can pick a specific date and time and meet somewhere. I am reasonably certain I can get you through Jotun.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
buster1600 wrote:
No he isn't. I killed him in one try.

Nicole A. Master Pyromancer

maybe thats just because your a better wizard.

im still stuck on Jotun. Ive been stuck on him for a year!

I just gave up.