Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Purchase 5th Talent on Pet Idea!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, I know some will whine and cry and say this is unfair, but let's get real here...

This is the real world, where money talks! No, not everyone can afford the best of things, but nothing is to keep anyone from doing chores, mowing lawns, etc to earn a little extra cash for this...

The idea is simple... We have 4 talents on a pet, for cost of 2500 crowns, you can unlock another talent...

Now, I personally, would like to be able to choose said talent if I am paying that much, you can even vary the prices of talents if need be...

Spritely 2000 crowns
Spell Proof 2500 crowns
Unicorn 2500 crowns
Spell Defy 2000 crowns
Sharp shot 2250
Pain Giver 2250

Or, Epic Talents cost 2500, Ultra-Rare talents cost 2250, Rare talents cost 2000, uncommon talents cost 1500!

Now, you can only buy one talent... So you pet will have 5 Talents!

I know a lot of people will say, this is unfair, etc, but this is real life... People with money have more... You want more, go to school, get a good education, go to college and get your degree, then you will get a good paying Job and make good money... It is the way and facts of Life!

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I like this idea and i would say the prices are fare but only if we get to choose the talent. I am not going to pay that much for some random generated talent that will be lame most likely.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Horrible idea.
One of the worst I've heard in.. maybe ever?

Not only do you want a 5th talent, but you want to select it too? Wow lol..

Hey maybe I can use crowns to double my health too.
Or use crowns to double my resist and damage while I'm at it.
Then I'm gonna use more crowns so I can equip 2 pets at once.

And if you pay 75,000 crowns Ambrose will just make you a Legend and you dont even need to play the game :D

Arent games fun when it's all about money?..

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Jack7021 wrote:
I like this idea and i would say the prices are fare but only if we get to choose the talent. I am not going to pay that much for some random generated talent that will be lame most likely.

I agree completely, who wants to pay $5 for a lame talent? No, either they make it to where you can choose the talent you want to buy, or you get to choose which talent you buy from the available talents left on your pet...

Either or would be good...

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
I think it should be 2,000-5000 XP and we should get Pet XP from Harvesting in garden as well as in training. The Harvest Pet XP would either be applied to specific stats (by type of plant) or go directly into the GENERAL XP (no Stat boost).

Pet XP at Harvest should be 1/10th the Harvest XP, with a Minimum of 1 XP per harvest if the plant gives Less than 10 XP at Mature.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
loki1201 wrote:
Horrible idea.
One of the worst I've heard in.. maybe ever?

Not only do you want a 5th talent, but you want to select it too? Wow lol..

Hey maybe I can use crowns to double my health too.
Or use crowns to double my resist and damage while I'm at it.
Then I'm gonna use more crowns so I can equip 2 pets at once.

And if you pay 75,000 crowns Ambrose will just make you a Legend and you dont even need to play the game :D

Arent games fun when it's all about money?..

This game already is all about the money! Hello, where have you been?

They took the guaranteed Mega Snacks from Waterworks, they added in Dragon Hoard and Wyvern packs...

Then there are the mastery amulets and the lifeforce blade, the mounts, the new pets, with guaranteed talents at teen... Should I go on?

You pay to play this game anyway... So yeah, it is all about the money, so if you are going to spend money, get what you want...

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
After much thinking, ive come to the realization that this is an absurd idea. Each of these talents are desirable and hard to obtain for some people. The fact is, that if everyone could purchase them for 5 dollars worth of crowns then the talents become common and no longer trophies of hard work and persistance. Now i am all for being able to purchase a new slot to train for maybe 3000 crowns. It would take 500 to 1000 xp to complete the new level.

Adam DeathBringer Level 60 Death
Adam ShadowBane Level 58 Balance

Armiger
May 10, 2010
adamloso wrote:
After much thinking, ive come to the realization that this is an absurd idea. Each of these talents are desirable and hard to obtain for some people. The fact is, that if everyone could purchase them for 5 dollars worth of crowns then the talents become common and no longer trophies of hard work and persistance. Now i am all for being able to purchase a new slot to train for maybe 3000 crowns. It would take 500 to 1000 xp to complete the new level.

Adam DeathBringer Level 60 Death
Adam ShadowBane Level 58 Balance

You have 2 Wizards, congradulations...

How many pets do you have? How many times have you trained a pet to epic? How many times did you NOT get the talent you wanted... How many pets go to waste, because they learned that one or several useless talents? How many pets could be really good pets, if they could get that one needed perk?

Not sure about you, but if you read and follow the posts, most people go through this dilemna...

I don't think it is an absurd idea. Having to pay for 1 good talent, is not taking anything away from hard work, it is bringing more to pets in general!

Think about it some more...

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Ok, I know some will whine and cry and say this is unfair, but let's get real here...

This is the real world, where money talks! No, not everyone can afford the best of things, but nothing is to keep anyone from doing chores, mowing lawns, etc to earn a little extra cash for this...

The idea is simple... We have 4 talents on a pet, for cost of 2500 crowns, you can unlock another talent...

Now, I personally, would like to be able to choose said talent if I am paying that much, you can even vary the prices of talents if need be...

Spritely 2000 crowns
Spell Proof 2500 crowns
Unicorn 2500 crowns
Spell Defy 2000 crowns
Sharp shot 2250
Pain Giver 2250

Or, Epic Talents cost 2500, Ultra-Rare talents cost 2250, Rare talents cost 2000, uncommon talents cost 1500!

Now, you can only buy one talent... So you pet will have 5 Talents!

I know a lot of people will say, this is unfair, etc, but this is real life... People with money have more... You want more, go to school, get a good education, go to college and get your degree, then you will get a good paying Job and make good money... It is the way and facts of Life!

Good idea as long as it only goes up to 5 talents! :?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I don't necessarily agree with the 5th talent idea, but, I have had similiar ideas....

To hatch a pet early (of any kind) (5:00 minutes, or Instant): 2500 crowns.
To reset your hatch cool-down timer (5:00 minutes, or Instant): 2500 crowns.

Now, I never fully understood, other than added realism, why those cool-down timers were put in place. You can buy energy, why not buy early hatch?

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Im suprised your not asking to choose all of your pets talents or making your pets May Cast ablities happen every turn.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
Hmm. Well if we could buy a fifth talent it should be a guaranteed epic talent because it stands to reason we would have to train it 2000 xp. So far each level has doubled the xp needed. It should come from a list of available talents without being specific as to which one you would get. It would also have to only be available on pets that have an epic slot. That would put it on more rare pets. Hatching with another pet with five talents would give you five talents. However, hatching with a four talent pet, the five talent pet gets a five talent egg and four talent pet a four talent egg. Also, for a five talent pet to hatch it would have to be ancient at least. You want more from your pet, you have to work for it. I believe the cost of the pet, price and time to level, and price of hatching should make this a more than fair proposition.

Thanks KI for reading and considering the posts and ideas.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2010
I think it's an awesome idea! We pay money for packs, potions, heck even those wizard minion guys that don't really do much... why would we not want to spend on beefing up our most loved pets?

As long as it was guaranteed that we got to choose our pets talent... then I'd be all for it!

Mason Mistbane
Legendary Storm

Armiger
May 10, 2010
adamloso wrote:
Im suprised your not asking to choose all of your pets talents or making your pets May Cast ablities happen every turn.

That is exactly why this suggestion is not too overpowered, too overpriced, or too absurd...

This gives you 1 specific talent, among a plethora of possible talents...