Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

which school is the best

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
i am tryin to decide which school i should be for my new wizard. could you guys give me some ideas and reasons why u chose that school?

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
I think you should make a ice characther.Ice is prollythe best school for pvp

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
I think you should make a ice characther.Ice is prolly the best school for pvp

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
ghost827 wrote:
i am tryin to decide which school i should be for my new wizard. could you guys give me some ideas and reasons why u chose that school?

What do you want to have a talent in? Here are the schools and their special talents:

Fire
Fire wizards are trained to do damage over time. Some special Fire spells stack up and eventually pile up large or moderate amounts of damage over a number of rounds. This is very handy for breaking shields, as if a enemy is stacking fire shields, a simple Damage over time spell will destroy the shield on its first strike, but without any overall effect on the damage over time.

Storm
Storm wizards are trained to deal immense amounts of damage. Even if the enemy is stacking a lot of shields, Storm spells are so powerful it will render the shields useless for any true protection. Although they are powerful in the stage of damage, they have high fizzle rates and have the lowest natural health base. Duels between them can be very fast.

Ice
Ice wizards are the exact opposite of Storm wizards. Although most of their spells are not the strongest, their natural health base is the strongest. Ice wizards have the strongest will to survive, as they have huge resist and a lot of their spells have to do with absorbing damage and stacking defenses. It will be very hard to defeat them.

Death
Death wizards use Drains to steal health from their foes. Death drain spells do not deal a lot of damage, but they return half of the hit health as heal points, and don't forget that the mighty Feint can turn the tables for that.

Myth
Myth spells, attacks, and accuracy are all okay, but the main talent of Myth wizards is that they are able to summon minions to do the job for them. A lot of a Myth wizard's spells have to do with healing, buffing, and shielding their minions. Myth wizards also are good at removing shields and charms. Earthquake, Shatter, Minotaur, are all examples of Myth spells that specialize in breaking shields.

Life
Life wizards are trained to heal themselves and others. Although they are good at healing in duels, they are not very good at doing actual attacking and dealing damage. Because of this, Life wizards are usually very helpful in group duels.

Balance
Balance wizards are trained to give other players in the same duel a helping hand. Although they are not usually built for soloing, Balance wizards can solo most of the game, however they are good in group duels as they can buff, slightly heal, and shield fellow wizards.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
What do you want to have a talent in? Here are the schools and their special talents[...]

Thank you so much for doing this, and not just saying, "This school is the best," or, "That school is awesome," or some foolery like that. Asking which school is the "best" is pointless; it's not a question with an answer. Everyone has different fighting styles and each school caters to a certain style of combat. I say try them all and see which one fits.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
kylling84979 wrote:
I think you should make a ice characther.Ice is prollythe best school for pvp
I already have an Ice.