Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death: The Loneliest Wizard

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
(long post alert!)

So what's everyones problem with the Death school?

If I create a practice 4v4 match with my lvl 60 death, about 90% of the time the first person to join will be on the opposing team. Then it just gets worse from there..
When people see a Death on one side, and any other school on the other, they automatically join the other school. Eventually you're left with a lone Death with no team, vs a roster of opponents ready to go.

When I create the same type of 4v4 match with my lvl 60 Ice, almost instantly other players join my side. It's not just Ice I have noticed this happen to.
Storm, Fire, Myth, Life, and Balance are schools that I've also seen bring in the team-mates fast. But that's not the case with Death.

So I'm asking all of you - the wizard community - why are you hating on Death?..

Is it a psychological thing? A negative association with Necromancy? Is it the dark spells, and undead creatures? Maybe because they mainly heal themselves? ..What is it?

The average Death student has about 70% damage, or more. They have over 3,000 health and over 100 critical rating. Good Death students are very hard to kill, since healing isn't really an issue. Death students don't even need to rely on a Life Mastery Amulet.

I'm not even going to get into such goodies as Beguile, Infection, Doom & Gloom, Plague, or Virulent Plague - which can completely annihilate your opponents strategy when used right.

All these things I mentioned, and all people think when they see Death on a team is "..hmm scarecrow.. weak"

Yes, it may be weak compared to other rank 7 spells, but Death isn't Storm!
Don't expect them to carry your team, and wipe out half the opponents. Crow is not meant to kill everyone, it's meant to keep Death alive. And when Death is alive, they are an amazing support and utility class, with lots of unique tricks up their sleeve.

I'm tired of people judging a schools worth solely on the damage it can do, while completely neglecting everything else important. There is SO much more to this game than damage %, and if that needs to be explained to some people, then those are the ones that will likely never understand what real strategy is.

So in conclusion I ask:
Why does everyone avoid teaming with Death still?
What more do you want from a school?

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I'd kill to get in with a PvP fight with some good Death wizards backing me up! Death rocks, and I'm not afraid to admit it!

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I agree, why do people have do hate on death wizards so much ? I mean, I have other schools to PvP with too, but I want to on that one.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
loki1201 wrote:
(long post alert!)

So what's everyones problem with the Death school?

If I create a practice 4v4 match with my lvl 60 death, about 90% of the time the first person to join will be on the opposing team. Then it just gets worse from there..
When people see a Death on one side, and any other school on the other, they automatically join the other school. Eventually you're left with a lone Death with no team, vs a roster of opponents ready to go.

When I create the same type of 4v4 match with my lvl 60 Ice, almost instantly other players join my side. It's not just Ice I have noticed this happen to.
Storm, Fire, Myth, Life, and Balance are schools that I've also seen bring in the team-mates fast. But that's not the case with Death.

So I'm asking all of you - the wizard community - why are you hating on Death?..

Is it a psychological thing? A negative association with Necromancy? Is it the dark spells, and undead creatures? Maybe because they mainly heal themselves? ..What is it?

The average Death student has about 70% damage, or more. They have over 3,000 health and over 100 critical rating. Good Death students are very hard to kill, since healing isn't really an issue. Death students don't even need to rely on a Life Mastery Amulet.

I'm not even going to get into such goodies as Beguile, Infection, Doom & Gloom, Plague, or Virulent Plague - which can completely annihilate your opponents strategy when used right.

All these things I mentioned, and all people think when they see Death on a team is "..hmm scarecrow.. weak"

Yes, it may be weak compared to other rank 7 spells, but Death isn't Storm!
Don't expect them to carry your team, and wipe out half the opponents. Crow is not meant to kill everyone, it's meant to keep Death alive. And when Death is alive, they are an amazing support and utility class, with lots of unique tricks up their sleeve.

I'm tired of people judging a schools worth solely on the damage it can do, while completely neglecting everything else important. There is SO much more to this game than damage %, and if that needs to be explained to some people, then those are the ones that will likely never understand what real strategy is.

So in conclusion I ask:
Why does everyone avoid teaming with Death still?
What more do you want from a school?

dont worry there are plenty of people that use death wizard spells for there own uses like say a feint spell
its not that they hate death they just want a school that helps them with almost all spells or help keeps them alive

Historian
May 28, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
lol, if you think scarecrow is weak you evidently haven't seen mine

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I wholeheartedly agree with your post, loki.

Come on people, give us a chance! We Necromancers are fantastic as support roles!

We have ...

Feint
Plague
Virulent Plague
Beguile
(to a lesser extent) Animate
Sacrifice
We can heal and damage opponents at the same time, so you aren't struggling to keep at least one teammate alive with treant polymorphs and whatnot.
A good Necromancer generally has shields to every school except Ice
A great school Blade
Scarecrow is killer at finishing things off

So why don't you like us!

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
I actually love having a death wizard on my team, and i love pvping on my death wizard. I don't see why people would not want to be on a death wizard's team, we can heal other people, too. Sacrifice can heal anyone 700 points, and if the death wizard has a death shield when using it, it shouldn't do much damage to them. Anyways, i just do 1v1 matches with my death wizard if i can't get anyone to be on my team, 1v1 is better than standing around waiting for someone to join your team.

Amber Stormsong level 56 Diviner
Amber Soulhunter level 31 Necromancer
Amber Sandrunner level 41 Balance

Explorer
May 13, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
Well, i guess the reason is death mainly can't heal others.

This is simply not true we all have sacrafice and some of us even have better healing tricks hiding up our sleeves. I can heal over one Thousand life points with a single sacrafice and can keep teammates alive almost as good as a some life wizards.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
people dont like death i think because they think we death arent really to good at 4v4. usually deaths best bet to become a good pvp rank is in 1v1 mainly cause our only attack all spells doesnt do much damage but it does keep us alive. our single attacks rock though.and if you think that death is terible then why is my legend death the only one left alive in a pvp after the life ice and evryone else has been taken down. death is awesome

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
Death is awesome school
You should be happy when you got death wizard on your side . Death wizard really has nice attacks +draining. And they are hard opponent (I noticed when i battled one with my ice wizard.) My first wizard was Death because i really thinked that it was great school. And I think like it now.

But really. Is there somethign about it that the Malistaire was from Death? I really don't understand... :?

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
hanable33 wrote:
people dont like death i think because they think we death arent really to good at 4v4. usually deaths best bet to become a good pvp rank is in 1v1 mainly cause our only attack all spells doesnt do much damage but it does keep us alive. our single attacks rock though.and if you think that death is terible then why is my legend death the only one left alive in a pvp after the life ice and evryone else has been taken down. death is awesome

Okay. (I was too lazy to watch all of the messages... Again )