Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which is the most popular school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
First of all this topic isnt for me to choose a new school, i just want to know what school there is the most in wizard101, throughout the whole game. I've always wondered "How many students of the different schools are there" i thought fire for a while but then i thought life and then balance. What do you, the people of Wizard101, think about this

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I think this is pointless. Why is this relevant information? All I know is I see a lot of wizards in every type of school. Is it really important which one is the most popular?

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
Definitely myth. Yep, no doubt about it. Must be myth :P

Eh, I'm just kidding.

From most to least popular:

1. Fire/Death
2. Everything else

I'm not even joking here. You see tons of fire and death wondering around and a few of everyone else. Not sure why it is. Think there is a lot of death because it has a reputation for being an "easy school" and fire just cause it sounds cool.

The real question is: why isn't American preteens Greek obsession helping us Myth players? :( We need moar conjurers!

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Death is. I don't see why...

Because they have cool spells but the poor little necromancers are unaware that very few death spells can be enchanted. Plus Death is the "evil" school of the game, and everyone loves the bad guys.

Champion
May 03, 2011
I think this is pointless. Why is this relevant information? All I know is I see a lot of wizards in every type of school. Is it really important which one is the most popular?

The OP is just curious. It may not be "important" to know which school people prefer, but it is interesting from a certain perspective. Many of the topics discussed here are of little interest to me personally, but I can see how others might find them so.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
deffio152 wrote:
First of all this topic isnt for me to choose a new school, i just want to know what school there is the most in wizard101, throughout the whole game. I've always wondered "How many students of the different schools are there" i thought fire for a while but then i thought life and then balance. What do you, the people of Wizard101, think about this

for some reason balance

i think its because its one of the most strongest schools

i have a novice balance so i dont see much power yet but later watch out

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I think fire because probably when people first sign up they see fire as a choice and think of fire as being powerful. That's what I think.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
:? I'd say death (not that good according to me except scarecrow and feint), then storm/fire (I don't even understand why storm exists: diviners are almost impossible to defeat), balance (I don't understand the point of choosing balance, its spells are weak and sorcerers can use less blades and traps), life/ice (I think ice with life as second school rocks since it makes you almost invincible) and finally myth (I am myth and don't understand why people don't like it: even if I think we need a real global attack and really useful minions, earthquake, orthrus and medusa rule in pvp).

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
In spite of being the least popular school in PvP, Death is probably the most popular school, for a few reasons ...

A. Scarecrow is just as effective (probably better) than Fire Dragon in 4v4 PvP. I'd say better then Storm Lord, but that's probably going a bit far. Scarecrow can turn around a battle easily, as it gives you a huge heal and really hurts the opponents. Take it from a Necromancer.

B. Feint. Anyone who knows what it is will see what I'm talking about.

C. Huge school blade that gives a 40% damage boost to your next Death attack. Life and Ice have blades like this, but this one makes skeletal dragon do really, really huge damage. Skeletal Dragon hits a lot harder then Snow Angel and Forest Lord in 1v1 and 2v2 battles.

D. Speaking of Skeletal Dragon, this is more powerful than Leviathan. (Damage wise. The blade removal really hurts.) It kills just about ... everything.

E. For hardcore gamers, Death is easy to solo with. A battle can take a while, but you can kill huge bosses alone.

Storm is probably second most popular. Huge damage, low accuracy appeals to a lot of people.

Next ...

3rd: Fire
4th: Balance
5th: Life
6th: Ice
7th: (sadly) Myth

Survivor
Aug 26, 2008
From my experience:
1st: Fire, by far (38%)
2nd:Death (19%)
3rd:Storm (12%)
4th:Ice (11%)
5th:Balance (10%)
6th:Life (8%)
7th:Myth, by far (2%)

Don't ask where I got those numbers, I (kind of) did the math.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
i think ice and life and balance are the best because you know ice has the most protection and life points. :D then comes life with super cool regenerates and other healing spells :0 then balance with the killing judgment with tons of pips xd

Defender
Jun 14, 2010

Wow guys, I'm actually shocked that many people think Death is the most common. I hardly ever run into Death wizards. Interesting..

I guess everyone's experience will be a little different.

For me, I would say Fire is the most popular school - both PvP and PvE.
The runner-up is for sure Life.
What's going on with the Life school?? Moolinda is really recruiting hard.
I swear there has been an explosion of Life students lately..

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
loki1201 wrote:

Wow guys, I'm actually shocked that many people think Death is the most common. I hardly ever run into Death wizards. Interesting..

I guess everyone's experience will be a little different.

For me, I would say Fire is the most popular school - both PvP and PvE.
The runner-up is for sure Life.
What's going on with the Life school?? Moolinda is really recruiting hard.
I swear there has been an explosion of Life students lately..

When we first started playing, my first wizard was life. I loved it. I got her up to level 50, then we stopped playing for awhile. My son has a storm legendary, and I have one ice legend and my life legend. I think for soloing, which I do quite often, life with a huge critical boost and the right pet is a lot of fun. I hatched my wyvern with a forest lord and am now the proud owner of a forest crawler that casts sprite. I tried a death wizard but it took forever to level. My son says Storm! I say Life! Whatever school you choose, just have fun! :)

Molly, Legendary Life and Queen Abby, Ancient Forest Crawler

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
I agree with that person... forgot their username...
Fire and Death.
All I see is Novice Pyromancer, Magus Necromancer, Master of Fire, Adept Pyromancer...

Of course, I am a Pyromancer, I got it in my test.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Used to, you didn't see hardly any life wizards when the game first came out, but after a year, they were in bloom. Lol get it?

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Mimzkat101 wrote:
In spite of being the least popular school in PvP, Death is probably the most popular school, for a few reasons ...

A. Scarecrow is just as effective (probably better) than Fire Dragon in 4v4 PvP. I'd say better then Storm Lord, but that's probably going a bit far. Scarecrow can turn around a battle easily, as it gives you a huge heal and really hurts the opponents. Take it from a Necromancer.

B. Feint. Anyone who knows what it is will see what I'm talking about.

C. Huge school blade that gives a 40% damage boost to your next Death attack. Life and Ice have blades like this, but this one makes skeletal dragon do really, really huge damage. Skeletal Dragon hits a lot harder then Snow Angel and Forest Lord in 1v1 and 2v2 battles.

D. Speaking of Skeletal Dragon, this is more powerful than Leviathan. (Damage wise. The blade removal really hurts.) It kills just about ... everything.

E. For hardcore gamers, Death is easy to solo with. A battle can take a while, but you can kill huge bosses alone.

Storm is probably second most popular. Huge damage, low accuracy appeals to a lot of people.

Next ...

3rd: Fire
4th: Balance
5th: Life
6th: Ice
7th: (sadly) Myth
Actually, at base damage, leviathan is 20 points stronger.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
out of my entire friends list (which is at 119/120 friends) about half of them are fire, 1/4 of them are death, and the other 1/4 the rest.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
it is life. because you can heal anybody :-) . if you were a life wizard101 and you are level 42 you well get a spell. it dose + 50 health. :D