Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

if you don't race

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
if you don't race and only want combat help, why do most of the pets that i have trained give me plus 25 to intelligence etc more than once? This makes me continously ditch the pet and try another. This is so tiring. So boring. This makes it harder for me to log on knowing i have hours more to train and then knowing i will just get another talent for raising their scores instead of mine.

Calimity Rainbow

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
karenstreasures wrote:
if you don't race and only want combat help, why do most of the pets that i have trained give me plus 25 to intelligence etc more than once? This makes me continously ditch the pet and try another. This is so tiring. So boring. This makes it harder for me to log on knowing i have hours more to train and then knowing i will just get another talent for raising their scores instead of mine.

Calimity Rainbow

not all pets are meant for fighting

i recomend ya go to petnome.com and look up the pet before training it
so ya dont go aww it happened again

other note dont use the pets in the wizard city pet shop unless its a crown pet

if you look up a pet before hand it really helps so ya should try it on petnome.com

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
the pet stats dont only affect how well you do in race. lets take strength as an example. i dont remember some of them but it increases damage and pip chance talents, which means its next damage or pip chance talent will be better. the stat increase talents can then increase the max amount of damage, resist, pip chance etc... and you say its useless when you dont race?

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
The intelligence helps in battle AND derby. If you go to your pet's page in your Notebook ("I" key) and mouse over the stat bars it will list different things that stat governs in derby racing and battling with your wizard.