Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stitching should be payed by gold?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2011
Well the subject says it all really!
I've been looking at some Celestia clothes (The stats are okay) but the clotheing styles are DISGUSTING! Sorry if you disagree but it just makes your wizard look so weird

I like the Dragonspyre and Marleybone outfits so if we could stitch the items that would be great!

Yes i know we can do this... but i have a really bad problem.
My mom wont let me get crowns :-(
Even if it means like paying 500 gold i dont really care!! I think there should be an option to stitch with crowns (like there is now) but there should be an option for gold as well?

This was just a thought and i hope they look into this!!

Maria SkyGem - Master Diviner

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
wizard101freak78 wrote:
Well the subject says it all really!
I've been looking at some Celestia clothes (The stats are okay) but the clotheing styles are DISGUSTING! Sorry if you disagree but it just makes your wizard look so weird

I like the Dragonspyre and Marleybone outfits so if we could stitch the items that would be great!

Yes i know we can do this... but i have a really bad problem.
My mom wont let me get crowns :-(
Even if it means like paying 500 gold i dont really care!! I think there should be an option to stitch with crowns (like there is now) but there should be an option for gold as well?

This was just a thought and i hope they look into this!!

Maria SkyGem - Master Diviner

I think so too. I like that stats but i don't buy them unless they look good. I wear this one for the stats, but if you use the camera to look under the hat, you think i have a buzz cut, or i bald. it's just disturbing

Historian
May 01, 2010
To me, this is the only real "reliable" way KI can get money, because think of it. Lets start with a million players, ever 5 levels or so, they spend 300 crowns each, or 3,000,000 crowns, and that adds up to a fair chunk of money, and thats 1/20 of the player base, and dont really want to get more specific than that. And before anyone quotes me saying KI just wants money, KI is cheap etc. remember, stiching is only a bit of money from you, if you do it when really necessary, or at legend, it is only about 50-60 cents out of your pocket, or really 5 dollors, which can stitch a full outfit 8 times, or the most part of levels.

If you cant get crowns, think you might just want a battle outfit and a "social" outfit.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2011
slammer111 wrote:
To me, this is the only real "reliable" way KI can get money, because think of it. Lets start with a million players, ever 5 levels or so, they spend 300 crowns each, or 3,000,000 crowns, and that adds up to a fair chunk of money, and thats 1/20 of the player base, and dont really want to get more specific than that. And before anyone quotes me saying KI just wants money, KI is cheap etc. remember, stiching is only a bit of money from you, if you do it when really necessary, or at legend, it is only about 50-60 cents out of your pocket, or really 5 dollors, which can stitch a full outfit 8 times, or the most part of levels.

If you cant get crowns, think you might just want a battle outfit and a "social" outfit.

I'm not one for being very "Social". I dont know i've always had that shy nature. Thats why i cant stand people standing in the middle of the commons saying things like "I need a boy/girl". (Many of you will disagree but thats just my opinion!!) But back on to the subject, i like to stitch when at a legendary cause like i said, i cant stand the celetia clothes my mom wont even let me buy the cheapest of crowns! She just says "Membership only, nothing else!!" Which yes i can understand as knowing me i'd be buying crowns everyday :/ I'd just like the option for stitching with gold (instead of crowns) as many people (like me) cant get crowns. I do see your point though on their money making part.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
wizard101freak78 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

I'm not one for being very "Social". I dont know i've always had that shy nature. Thats why i cant stand people standing in the middle of the commons saying things like "I need a boy/girl". (Many of you will disagree but thats just my opinion!!) But back on to the subject, i like to stitch when at a legendary cause like i said, i cant stand the celetia clothes my mom wont even let me buy the cheapest of crowns! She just says "Membership only, nothing else!!" Which yes i can understand as knowing me i'd be buying crowns everyday :/ I'd just like the option for stitching with gold (instead of crowns) as many people (like me) cant get crowns. I do see your point though on their money making part.

I think KI probably made this cost crowns so that low levels or at least non-paying players cannot look like legendary wizards. I use stitching because some of the clothes I find with good stats just look so wrong. If stitching costs gold, you will be seeing low levels running around with, like, level 60 gear that they brought from the bazaar and stitched with gold to their low level gear.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
i agree i wear this awesome set of clothes and it has no stats though but it looks so awesome i cant get crowns they to much money and we should get crowns for every special event this last part should go in the dorms but i thought about it now please read this kl and make it happen :-(

Survivor
Sep 12, 2011
Fin3cy6 wrote:
wizard101freak78 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

I think KI probably made this cost crowns so that low levels or at least non-paying players cannot look like legendary wizards. I use stitching because some of the clothes I find with good stats just look so wrong. If stitching costs gold, you will be seeing low levels running around with, like, level 60 gear that they brought from the bazaar and stitched with gold to their low level gear.

I can see your point,
Though i have to point out one thing

Notice in the bazzar that Dragonspyre clothes and Marleybone clothes cost quite a bit of gold. Anything below Adept doesnt really get alot of gold during quest. I think it would take them quite a while to save up for their robes and stuff.

Also if they wanted to stitch, it would cost them gold (As i hope they could make it to.) I'd say that it would take them quite a while to save up ;)

Also if they buy crowns then they might as well stitch with crowns....

I personally dont think that lower levels will be running around with good gear like that. You may get a few, but not many...