Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Newbie Myth Wizard with questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 24, 2011
So, I started a Myth wizard yesterday and I really like the school. My only concern is that minions my become useless (or am I missing something. Sometimes I can't cast them because there are already 4 people in combat, making them just cards in my deck. Does this ever change? Am I doing it wrong?

My second question is based in secondaries. I don't really know what I need to supplement my Primary. Some say Life, some say Storm. I'm leaning towards storm, but I'm not quite sure I want to jump on it so soon, any suggestions?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I have put together an exhaustive guide to myth minions and suggestions on ways to use them here, in the search topic just type in Myth Minion Manual.

Your first stop should be ice to tower. Take advantage of your minions early on. I suggest carrying two puppets and two trolls once you get them. And max out on towers in your deck.

Myth is about ambush and counter. So dont be shy with your minions but be sure to watch your pip count. See the manual for more minion info.

Tower shield is a must as early as you can get it.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
bmbeeman wrote:
So, I started a Myth wizard yesterday and I really like the school. My only concern is that minions my become useless (or am I missing something. Sometimes I can't cast them because there are already 4 people in combat, making them just cards in my deck. Does this ever change? Am I doing it wrong?

My second question is based in secondaries. I don't really know what I need to supplement my Primary. Some say Life, some say Storm. I'm leaning towards storm, but I'm not quite sure I want to jump on it so soon, any suggestions?

here is a bit of myth tips for you

1. try not to fight with 4 people in one fight unless your going to not use minions in that fight

2. for secondary ya should look pass regular secondary and get any minion spell from the secret teacher in marley bone because he has tons that will help ya
3. stock up on ninja pig treasures they are really good for myth wizards
4. before or after ya got those minion spells from marley bone ya can also grab a spirit trap and spirit blade from niles in krokotopia
5. play each minion carefully according to the fight at end

ok hope that helps
these are some top noch myth tips
and please dont give me all the credit my brother just told me all this so i can help anyone that needs help with the school of myth

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
I feel that Myth is a school that can solo very easily because of the minions you have. I can't say much about the minions, because I never used them and I never got my old Myth wizard past level 12.

Secondary schools, on the other hand, is a different story.

Are you into one-hit kills? If so, Storm is a good secondary. Or maybe Death up to Feint. Maybe Fire, too.

Are you into healing? Life up to Satyr is good.

If you're into buffing, making Balance your secondary school won't work because blades, traps, and heals like Bladestorm, Balanceblade, Hex, and Helping Hands are Balance School- exclusive spells which only Balance wizards can get from quests. If you want those, you'll have to make a Balance wizard.

No matter what secondary school you have, I highly recommend training Ice up to Tower Shield or buying Nightshade's Choker that gives you two Weakness cards.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I went with death school for my myth wizard's secondary. Its worked fairly well for me. Got her to legendary, if that's any indication. :)

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I use the minions when solo, but will remove them from deck when i am questing with someone.

I am now a legendary Myth wizard, and i still use my minions when fighting solo. One of the keys to using minions is to plan ahead. I don't place a trap unless i know i will use it the following round and my minion is not attacking.

As for secondary schools...Because of the double hits, I did not train in death. At earlier stages, your double hits are your best hits, making it hard to trap. Since Satyr takes 4 pips I only trained life up to sprite. It is much easier to cast, and by the time you get the 4 pips, you may have enough boosts to go for the kill instead of healing. I also trained ice up to tower. The extra protection does help.

By the time Celestia was released, I had quite a few extra training points. I used those points to train in sun school. Frog + a sun school boost does a fair amount damage, especially if it is combined with a critical.

Myth can be a challenge to play at times, but it can also be fun, and in the end rewarding.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 60 Myth

Historian
May 01, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
bmbeeman wrote:

here is a bit of myth tips for you

1. try not to fight with 4 people in one fight unless your going to not use minions in that fight

2. for secondary ya should look pass regular secondary and get any minion spell from the secret teacher in marley bone because he has tons that will help ya
3. stock up on ninja pig treasures they are really good for myth wizards
4. before or after ya got those minion spells from marley bone ya can also grab a spirit trap and spirit blade from niles in krokotopia
5. play each minion carefully according to the fight at end

ok hope that helps
these are some top noch myth tips
and please dont give me all the credit my brother just told me all this so i can help anyone that needs help with the school of myth

1: agreed

2: dont bother, there are myth spells that heal your minions, blade, shield, sacrifice for pips, and sacrifice for health, all sold by one vendor on top of the secret shop in krokotopia.

3: very much, they were much help in myth boss/monsters.

4: spirit blade-yes. trap-no myth has double hits, so i dont like to waste two pips for just to 25 percent traps, and a pain to find in deck, would rather global, same pips, easier to find. And if you need pigs on a myth boss, just buy treasure version from library.

5: for example the golem minion+celestia+the myth soothe spell, is a very nice combo, as for some reason i think CorbinW brought up in the forums before, minotaur minion good with mobs, because little extra damage and taunt.

I have life up to satyr (trying to farm waterworks on my fire), ice to tower, balance's reshuffle and spirit blade, and planning on star and sun schools. (only level 46) and these work pretty well, though, like others said, dont depend on satyr if you dont life mastery amulet, pack more pixies than satyrs, and that works for me.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Minions become rather useless as the game progresses. I actually recommend you stop using them altogether. Get Ice up to Tower Shiled, Spirit Blade (not the trap), Balance's Reshuffle, and save the rest for Sun to Gargatuan and the Star school aura spells.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice