Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strategy or cheating ..?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
well ... i was reading everyone's posts herer in Mooshu and i just got there. i am Alura Mistthief and i'm a level 48 pyromancer.

i justed wanted to know if this was cheating. i'm flying through all these places. none of the worlds pose a problem for me. i do every quest (even side quests) when i'm in a world. i will search for all the quests and do them. i even train a little before moving on. its what i have been taught. (my brother is an epic gamer. he taught me everything)

i justed wanted to know, does this mean i have a strategy or am i cheating???

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Why would that be cheating if you're playing the game like everyone else, but going at a faster pace? o.o

.Alexis Crow - Level 37 Necromancer

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
No, I do the same thing.

Remember, (and this goes especially for PvP) anything you can do in the game isn't cheating. It isn't possible to "cheat" in this game, in my opinion.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Um.... Neither. Pretty much only the battling part uses strategy... and it's not cheating when you fly through the worlds doing all the quests. People play W101 on their own time and have different methods of spending time in the game, so either you're "time-wise" or "max-time", I'd call it, not cheating or anything really. Just playing the game like everyone else.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
It is pratically impossible to "cheat" in W101. All games try desperately to prevent people from hacking the system. I find it very interesting that you are lv. 48 and just in MooShu, most people range from 30 to 35. Being over 10 levels higher than the average it's no wonder you are breezing through. I applaud you for your time doing side quests, but you might want to hold off on the side quests to catch up to balance the level to posistion ratio.

So yeah, you are just a paitent person who will get to level 60 long before you beat the game. That's fine. Go ahead, we all play the game differently.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
I agree: not a cheat. Only thing people might count as a cheat are PvP and doing every dungeon twice including stuff like Nastrond and TotS.
Ronan TitanStalker
Level 48 halfway through Kishibe Villiage

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
colagada wrote:
You're level 48 and you just started on Mooshu?

These kinds of messages i take offensively. I have a myth and life student both at lvl 63 and just got out of DS. I feel my girls are way behind yes, and I feel bad (for my girls) that wizards at way lower levels than mine are mid-CL already. Most at lvl 63 are doing zafaria and my 2 top girls just got outta DS. But... yes, it is fully my fault... why? Because my girls will drop usually any quest i'm working on to go help whoever calls for help, with the exception of when i'm in a dungeon quest of my own that would require re-doing a lot of the quest over, then I have to say no, but feel bad about it. So my top 2 girls leveled up way early, but I feel justified (they got xp from helping others all over the spiral). And it has some advantages, my life student hit DS just before or close to legend lvl, and basically she can or did all of DS alone and only using forest lord and gargantuan. (too bad the myth attack all is a frog, tho with gargantuan, 15% aura boost and one blade, he can take out a group of enemies) I feel my girls will breeze thru CL hopefully (right now i'm trying to figure out how to aquire their missing final badges for each world :-( )

And to the person who said some people might think doing dungeons over is cheating, idk how, many of the dungeon bosses tell you that you can do their dungeon over as many times as you would like, if you survive, to see what you can get each time. Redoing dungeons is also a good way to practice your attacks. And idk what was meant by pvp cheating. I'd like input on that, since in regular battle I do great but get killed easy in pvp, either i'm really doing something wrong or many players know how to cheat in pvp :-(

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
8)
aceofdiamonds wrote:
well ... i was reading everyone's posts herer in Mooshu and i just got there. i am Alura Mistthief and i'm a level 48 pyromancer.

i justed wanted to know if this was cheating. i'm flying through all these places. none of the worlds pose a problem for me. i do every quest (even side quests) when i'm in a world. i will search for all the quests and do them. i even train a little before moving on. its what i have been taught. (my brother is an epic gamer. he taught me everything)

i justed wanted to know, does this mean i have a strategy or am i cheating???
i do not really do the same thing i think you are not cheating charles night talon level 44

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
That's kind of what I do. I finished Krokotopia when I was level 39 now I'm almost finished with MooShu and level 43. It's a strategy... and a good one at that!

Megan Emeraldblade, Level 43, Master Sorceress

"Without balance, all is lost"

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
your not cheating i got to mooshu in about 3 days with all sides done almost

Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
thats not cheating,thats just playing the game really well. But but as for me, I have a habit of forgetting to do a side quest and then when I complete that world I end up never finishing that side quest. :-(