Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Collecting Stuff

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
A big part of this wonderful game that I love so much, is the huge parts of it that are completely non combat. That is not to suggest I don't love the whole "deck of cards" style of combat. :D

I love to spend lots of time collecting for decorating my homes, re-arranging and coordinating stuff. The decor has to match. Wallpapers, furniture, etc. I love populating my homes with odds and sods to give it that lived in feel. I wish the limits could be bigger sometimes on your bank. ;)

Oh! And I wish I could sit on my furniture! Maybe a cool lounging animation as my character sits and thumbs thru the MarlyBone Times in my beautifully decorated and relaxing home.

I'd like a working record player too with some random music to fill my room with some nice ambience. Now I'm getting carried away...back to point lol :D

Right now, I'm having fun trying to collect jars. Silly I know but they look great all together on the bookshelf. I have 7 different ones so far. I'm wondering...does anyone know how many different jars there are to collect?

I have Mandrake, Mushroom, Bat Wings (lol who doesnt!), Brain, Eye, Tooth, Empty. Am I missing any? I'm dying to know!

Plants is a whole other much loved yet related hobby.

My goal right now is trying to not only collect and grow all the plants for proud display, but also making it all pleasing to the eye. These are being grown and kept as elder plants all over the property. :) Some will remain elders for display forever, and some patches are for harvest at some point. I must have 30 or so elder plants at the moment. Some have been elders now for almost a month. :)

I have gone to great yet enjoyable lengths to ensure my babies are not only healthy but surrounded by friendly plants and liked items.

Anyway, just wanted to thank KI for making a game with such a huge and enjoyable non combat part of this game. I cannot tell you how many times in other games I have yearned for exactly what I am playing today. Yes I love the fantasy and combat stuff...but I also love a game like this where I can kick back a bit and play a very fun part of the game that I can take very much at my own pace.

Also was curious...who else loves collecting stuff, and what do you collect?

Who else spends just as much time decorating their homes as they do questing? :)

Happy Questing all!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I collect furniture items. I love decorating my houses. Many times I will take a break from questing just to work on my houses.

Back before the Celestia update, I would 'tour' the spiral--fighting bosses until they dropped a furniture item. I never got those darn test tubes from Alchemist Kepi. For a challenge, I also decided to craft each furniture item in the spiral. At first, that was difficult because when I started the task, we could not put reagents in shared bank. With that update, the crafting of furniture became much more easier, and I have completed all but Celestia.

I would say, that having something to do other than beat up on monsters, is one of the things i love about this game.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
If you want to see some really neat stuff, and get some great decorating and crafting ideas, you have to check out this fansite:

http://www.paigemoonshade.com/

Paige has got to be the ultimate home decorator / crafter I have ever seen in this game. Her fansite, Paige's Page is awesome. Enjoy!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
mrbinary wrote:
A big part of this wonderful game that I love so much, is the huge parts of it that are completely non combat. That is not to suggest I don't love the whole "deck of cards" style of combat. :D

I love to spend lots of time collecting for decorating my homes, re-arranging and coordinating stuff. The decor has to match. Wallpapers, furniture, etc. I love populating my homes with odds and sods to give it that lived in feel. I wish the limits could be bigger sometimes on your bank. ;)

Oh! And I wish I could sit on my furniture! Maybe a cool lounging animation as my character sits and thumbs thru the MarlyBone Times in my beautifully decorated and relaxing home.

I'd like a working record player too with some random music to fill my room with some nice ambience. Now I'm getting carried away...back to point lol :D

Right now, I'm having fun trying to collect jars. Silly I know but they look great all together on the bookshelf. I have 7 different ones so far. I'm wondering...does anyone know how many different jars there are to collect?

I have Mandrake, Mushroom, Bat Wings (lol who doesnt!), Brain, Eye, Tooth, Empty. Am I missing any? I'm dying to know!

Plants is a whole other much loved yet related hobby.

My goal right now is trying to not only collect and grow all the plants for proud display, but also making it all pleasing to the eye. These are being grown and kept as elder plants all over the property. :) Some will remain elders for display forever, and some patches are for harvest at some point. I must have 30 or so elder plants at the moment. Some have been elders now for almost a month. :)

I have gone to great yet enjoyable lengths to ensure my babies are not only healthy but surrounded by friendly plants and liked items.

Anyway, just wanted to thank KI for making a game with such a huge and enjoyable non combat part of this game. I cannot tell you how many times in other games I have yearned for exactly what I am playing today. Yes I love the fantasy and combat stuff...but I also love a game like this where I can kick back a bit and play a very fun part of the game that I can take very much at my own pace.

Also was curious...who else loves collecting stuff, and what do you collect?

Who else spends just as much time decorating their homes as they do questing? :)

Happy Questing all!

30 or so elder plants that is insane
i know its a collection of plants but ya really should harvest them all because they will grant you tons of gold that could be used to buy o idk a school house or the sunken palace

ya i kinda give each my houses a theme
like my wooden collage is forest themed

but my other houses i dont really get what theme i should go with

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
Honeybee313 wrote:
If you want to see some really neat stuff, and get some great decorating and crafting ideas, you have to check out this fansite:

http://www.paigemoonshade.com/

Paige has got to be the ultimate home decorator / crafter I have ever seen in this game. Her fansite, Paige's Page is awesome. Enjoy!

I haven't seen her homes really, but I did find her pages on Gardening Tips which I found useful when I started.

On homes...I happen to think my humble abodes would rank up there in terms of charm. ;) I spend quite a bit of time tending gardens and such...and love having company, come on by and let me know, how's my decorating? :D I enjoy meeting new wizards, and letting them explore the properties discovering all the neat things I've collected on my travels.

I'm home often so if you're bored one day, and would like to visit and explore my two homes, and maybe quest together some time... chat me up in game and pop on by!

Victoria DarkFlame
Student of Fire LvL 50