Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fear of prepaid cards

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i want to buy epic bundle, but in a post i think i read prepaid cards remove the members benefits of players. is that true? i dont wanna lose my member benefits

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
No it's not true. But then....really.....what few extras members get isn't worth much.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
marolin23 wrote:
i want to buy epic bundle, but in a post i think i read prepaid cards remove the members benefits of players. is that true? i dont wanna lose my member benefits

The Epic and now selling Mega Bundles do not change your membership - they add to it - if you already have membership it gives you 5,000 crowns. Keep in mind clothing included is for the level you redeem at, we did ours around level forty. To me gear only lasts about 5 levels so that is a disposable option on the card and some times the gear is not as good as others available.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
If you are a member, nothing can remove your benefits... except becoming a non member...

Prepaid cards are for crowns or monthly subscriptions... You can use either and still keep your benefits unless you stop being a member...

You can also get The Epic or Mega Bundle, get your castle, mount, gear, etc and still be a member...

Historian
May 28, 2009
marolin23 wrote:

If you're already a member, you won't lose the benefits if you do buy a bundle card

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I don't know where you may have read that. If that were the case, then I lost mine a long time ago! 8) that isn't the case because all my wizards have either the epic bundle or the mega bundle.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
If you already have a member subcription via credit card, using any prepaid cards are fine if you redeem them for *Crowns*. If you redeem it for *X free months of gameplay* then I'm not sure. I'd say redeem for Crowns just to be safe.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
marolin23 wrote:

no the membership from a card is normal
it doesnt remove anything so dont worry

just go out there and buy one ya still will get your bonuses from membership

also remember ya can always get the crowns from the card anyways

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
No! This is not the case! The cards offer a choice of a one month subscription or 5,000 crowns. If you are an existing member and choose the 1 month subscription, instead of the 5,000 crowns, that month is added on to your existing time; however, if you DO NOT have a membership, and choose the crowns, the crowns purchase does not entitle you to member benefits. KI will never take membership away from you unless you do something against the rules. ;)

Hope this helps! :-)

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
whoever wrote that is wrong. I got the epic bundle months ago and never lost any of my member benefits. go ahead and get your game card

Iridian Starmender Level 51 Sorceress

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Using a credit card is KingsIsle's way of determining that you're at least 18 years old. Players who don't use a credit card can't access text chat, the idea being that KingsIsle is protecting minors (under 18) with this policy.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
colagada wrote:
Using a credit card is KingsIsle's way of determining that you're at least 18 years old. Players who don't use a credit card can't access text chat, the idea being that KingsIsle is protecting minors (under 18) with this policy.

um ya mean open chat because ya dont need a credit card for text chat its 13+