Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does fire school never draw aggro?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I simply hate playing with fire school players as they never draw aggrevation. I don't get it their gennie makes a hit for 16,000 damage and I get all the attacks on me cause I did around 2000 before their attack. Their dragon never draws agro, their meteors never do, nor their genie, and if they were the lowest damage school or there abouts in the game I could see why the game would favor them so in terms of agro, but they aren't even close to being the lowest damage school, instead they are the second highest damage school in the game. So why are they programmed never to draw agro???

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
Not so.

I can assure you, I draw plenty of agro.

I'm fire and I can recall many occasions where, in a group I cast Meteor or something...not sure what the trigger is, and I suddenly become the target.

Sometimes I pull agro off the lead, from one monster, while other times all of them seem to like me.

And Murphys Law dictates that it usually happens when I don't need the attention

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
seasnake wrote:
I don't get it their gennie makes a hit for 16,000 damage and I get all the attacks on me cause I did around 2000 before their attack.

The underlined bit has your part of the answer right there. It takes at least one full round for aggro to switch, and 2000 damage is a lot of damage to any boss, much less smaller guys.

Without knowing which actions generate how much aggro, one cannot know exactly what triggers the switching over. Maybe the genie is designed to generate much less aggro than would be "normal" because an immediate retaliation on the caster would be pointless due to the -90% weakness.

*shrugs*