Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A little annoyed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
(just the other day)
So I was playing on my Magus Pyromancer, and one of my friends was really high level in every one of the classes besides life. We had met up in Krokatopia when she was about the same level as me with her life wizard, her next target for level 40+ legion.

She helped me with bosses that had been to hard, gotten me to places i didn't have assess to yet. (this is not bypassing area pricing, this is like getting to Chelsea court in marleybone when i didnt have the ticket yet so i could get my fire minion early :) )

She had been nice, given me treasure cards and all of the help i could ever hope for. We have been buddies for a while now and I really wanted to appreciate the hard work she had put into my training. I decided that since my BIRTHDAY is coming up soon, and I was getting a large money, i would treat myself to the crown mega-bundle.

Now i could sacrifice a couple of crowns to gift this girl, considering my out of game friend is buying me a gift card as well *sheesh* i was going to buy her the Jade Oni. Okay, that IS a lot of crowns, but hey, shes nice. (don't hate me for gifting someone i don't know)

Why I'm annoyed: I made a mistake, i hit text chat in my friends friend window (because i knew it would be a bad idea to say i was going to gift someone out loud) and i typed:

to: Name-namename "I an going to buy you a Jade Oni for helping me"

I noticed the mistake right there, and being the noob that i am, i erased whole message and retyped it forgetting a key thing. i ended up typing

[me] i am going to buy you a Jade oni for helping me :)
(^ right there) oh no, i said out loud. i looked around and realized that right in the commons full of people with open and text chat: i had just mentioned gifting. <my emotions at the moment

I had to log out of that account for a full day because of the wyldefire of requests for friend (for gift), for gift (for gift)... oh and did i mention people wanted gifts? i mean, even some of my lesser, lower level friends were there... who could follow me. (people also came up with threats to unfriend me because and i quote: You have crowns to spend on her but none to spend on me? Why are we even friends?)

everything is fine now, but i just wanted to share my story with you! Post a big mistake of yours! :)

The last pyromancer standing

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Before I get to my biggest mistake let me just say that I can't believe the number of beggars in this game.

When I buy a house I use it basically as storage. Everyone enjoys different parts of the game and decorating a house is a waste of time to me. So my properties are just things placed around for me to deal with later.

Sometime after I bought my first house some "friend" teleports in unannounced and starts harassing me about how my place looks. So I just leave hoping he will eventually leave on his own.

I go an delete this guy from my friends list and then I remembered something about security settings so I go in and change the allow friends teleports to no ... but I see this setting Limit Homes to Friends. Thinking that No means more restriction (I'll write this off to my advanced age) I change this to No.

I then go off and fight a battle or two and go back home... and you guessed it there were at least 5 people there waiting for me all in the mood to make fun of my messy home.

Well, that was the end of my gaming for the day ... actually for a couple of days because I was a bit paranoid.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
ranma125 I know what you mean and let me tell you what happened.

This happened last week. My friend and I was in the commons. There was a friend of ours running around randomly asking for dragon hoard or wyvern hoard packs saying either one would be nice.

Well someone started being mean to him saying how they hated people who beg for things. I usally stay out of those types of things. BUT this time it was a friend. So I stepped in. Mainly because so many other people where stepping in and being mean also.

I was like "alright thats it" so i started begging to just to take the focus off of him. At the time I had no idea my best friend (not the friend that was begging) would say what she did. She goes "I feel for ya what do you want?"
Thinking she was joking I say mega snack pack. Then when she didnt respond I said wait a wyvern hoard pack. Because I was thinking if she is really gonna gift me I dont want her to spend all that money on me.

Next thing i know up pops the gift icon. ( in my head i was like YAY!! and doing a little happy dance.) when I click it it's a mega snack pack :-D With out thinking I dont know maybe my brain was shut down at the time I go "OMG Thank you soo so much!!!!!!" as soon as I pressed enter and looked up i relized the mistake I had made. No sooner then it was out maybe like 3 seconds people swarmed her. ( this is me ) I mean these people must have came out of the wood work I dont know. I apoigized a million times and still feel like I owe her big time. People where all asking at one time can I have one please please I will report you if you dont gift me. The list of threats and begging goes on even a few of the people who "hate" beggers was in on it.

Lesson learned if someone ever gifts me again cheer and be happy but take the time to whisper.
Gifting people is nice but you have to be carefull. Because If others find it out it seems to make them crazy.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
The ones who threatened to unfriend you, I would have unfriended them immediately. Also any of the ones begging for gifts, or the ones purposefully following you around and porting to you constantly.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
ranma125 wrote:
(just the other day)
So I was playing on my Magus Pyromancer, and one of my friends was really high level in every one of the classes besides life. We had met up in Krokatopia when she was about the same level as me with her life wizard, her next target for level 40+ legion.

She helped me with bosses that had been to hard, gotten me to places i didn't have assess to yet. (this is not bypassing area pricing, this is like getting to Chelsea court in marleybone when i didnt have the ticket yet so i could get my fire minion early :) )

She had been nice, given me treasure cards and all of the help i could ever hope for. We have been buddies for a while now and I really wanted to appreciate the hard work she had put into my training. I decided that since my BIRTHDAY is coming up soon, and I was getting a large money, i would treat myself to the crown mega-bundle.

Now i could sacrifice a couple of crowns to gift this girl, considering my out of game friend is buying me a gift card as well *sheesh* i was going to buy her the Jade Oni. Okay, that IS a lot of crowns, but hey, shes nice. (don't hate me for gifting someone i don't know)

Why I'm annoyed: I made a mistake, i hit text chat in my friends friend window (because i knew it would be a bad idea to say i was going to gift someone out loud) and i typed:

I noticed the mistake right there, and being the noob that i am, i erased whole message and retyped it forgetting a key thing. i ended up typing

(^ right there) oh no, i said out loud. i looked around and realized that right in the commons full of people with open and text chat: i had just mentioned gifting. <my emotions at the moment

I had to log out of that account for a full day because of the wyldefire of requests for friend (for gift), for gift (for gift)... oh and did i mention people wanted gifts? i mean, even some of my lesser, lower level friends were there... who could follow me. (people also came up with threats to unfriend me because and i quote: You have crowns to spend on her but none to spend on me? Why are we even friends?)

everything is fine now, but i just wanted to share my story with you! Post a big mistake of yours! :)

Mmmm. That was a pretty big mistake. It's ok... I've had my shares of those too. First of all, i just met and friended this completely AWESOME Sorcerer, Jason Deathsword. No problems with him yet. Anyway, my problems. I have a couple of friends that play the game who i know in real life. One of them is on a lot, and we constantly quest together. First of all, he asked me to port to him into a dungeon that was WAY, WAY too hard for him. I ported to him, and we eded beating one pair of enemies before leaving because of boredom. He wasted my time. Second, the same friend in the same world asked for me to port to him. I did, but there were already two other wizards there. Grrrr!

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
lol big mistake of mine idk which one to say the one where i found cool glitch was about to tell a friend but accidently said it outloud in the commons and guess what, the glitch was fixed five days later

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
ranma125 wrote:
(just the other day)

i was just logging on and remember hey i forgot i was at the hatchery then a bunch of people asked me to hatch

and eventuly i did with something and it drained me of almost all my gold and i just remembered that i was gonna buy a sunken palace with gold

oops

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
Wow... You know, if they're gonna be all jealous and such, why ARE you friends with them? But I think it's nice that you're doing something sweet for her.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
I like the way you said birthday but a true friend would never threat to erase you if you dont git them

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
If you are going to talk about gifting someone, do it at your home! Invite them there first so you can minimize the chaos that comes from such generosity. It should help with accidental out loud chatting.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
a long time ago, i recently bought a bunch of dragon hoards and got some treasure cards. when i sold my deck to buy a better one, i forgot to empty the sideboard. i guess you know what happened. the dragon cards were gone

PS: isnt this post better fit in ravenwood commons?

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
ranma125 wrote:
(just the other day)

I had one during a Ranked 1 Vs 1 PvP with a friend of min (actually my "friend" is my older brother who also plays this game, but he travels a lot so I don't usually see him). I started playing Ranked PvP just after mom let me have a membership and let me enable open chat. I had all of these traps and blades on him, but he didn't seem to notice (He's new to this game). I was about to cast a Phoenix on him.

To make it sound cool, I was going to say "The Phoenix Rises Tonight!" in public chat (No one was there anyway to hear us), but I clicked on one of my other online friend's character by mistake and private chated to him what was I going to tell my opponent. So my log of chat was this:

[Joseph StormSea] (My older brother): Bring it on!
[You]: Watch this!
[You] Flint IceRiver (the person I sent my message by mistake to): The Phoenix Rises Tonight!
[Flint IceRiver]: What?
[You] Oops! Wrong person!