Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Awesome New PvP Type

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
This idea actually came partially from a dream...Battlefield!!!

Battlefield is a type of PvP battle in which a specific number of wizards participate. In a large map (about the size of a normal street, say Colossus Boulevard), all of the wizards are placed a certain distance from one another. When the game begins, wizards attempt to fight in a usual looking duel circle, but on some occasions there may be no teams. You must attempt to eliminate all other wizards on the map. Like in the arena, you do not have a limited amount of mana, however, you cannot recover health except in battle with a healing spell. No mounts or any other speed increasing items are allowed, as players that do have them can more easily force weaker wizards into battle and evade stronger ones. The top 50% wizards receive a certain amount of arena tickets. These can be turned in for prizes, like regular arena of pet derby tickets. Also like the arena, you can create a match in which you select how many wizards participate (10-100). Also, you can select to have teams.

Hope you like it. It took me a while to really put it all together!

Historian
May 01, 2010
chemistry5 wrote:

Battlefield is a type of PvP battle in which a specific number of wizards participate. In a large map (about the size of a normal street, say Colossus Boulevard), all of the wizards are placed a certain distance from one another. When the game begins, wizards attempt to fight in a usual looking duel circle, but on some occasions there may be no teams. You must attempt to eliminate all other wizards on the map. Like in the arena, you do not have a limited amount of mana, however, you cannot recover health except in battle with a healing spell. No mounts or any other speed increasing items are allowed, as players that do have them can more easily force weaker wizards into battle and evade stronger ones. The top 50% wizards receive a certain amount of arena tickets. These can be turned in for prizes, like regular arena of pet derby tickets. Also like the arena, you can create a match in which you select how many wizards participate (10-100). Also, you can select to have teams.

if they wont be able to regain health after a battle, fire, death, and probably mid ranked people would be dominant. its because fire has DoTs, so they can cast heckhound, and start healing, death has steals, so they can heal themselves as the final move, and mid ranks would be a bit more complicated, sometimes, i am playing a video game, and its 4v4, or mostly 2v2 no teams, and me and another were very good, while one fairly good, and the last not that good. the very good one and i would usually go at each otehr from the beggining, and by the time the other battle finished, and one of us were defeated, we had little health left, and the fairly good one would smoke whoever was left. to translate that into wizard101:

warlord vs warlord, no health regain, and night vs private, night smokes private, and warlords kinda juggle, and leave each other with one hundred health, no matter how good you are, you will not get anywhere with one hundred health, am i right?

besides, are you forced to move? cant you just hide until everyone else is elleminated, or severely weakened?

either way, nice idea

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I'm pretty much done with PvP. I don't wanna see any additions made to it.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
wow i luv that idea :D i really dont like normal pvp cuz i'm always going up against captains, warlords etc. So i think that would be rlly cool :D w101 plz listen 2 this (plz plz plz please)

alex wildflame

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
chemistry5 wrote:

I REALLY like this. Kingsisle should definitely do this. :) :) :D :D :D

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
o i was thinking that ya can't have sidewalks so you cant hide

-alex wildflame 8)

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
chemistry5 wrote:

that sounds good but that idea a classic in war games.(halo,call of duty) i haved played any of them.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
There should be level restrictions so lower levels dont get completely destroyed

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
chemistry5 wrote:

this would make a great turnment because it takes forever to get every one in 4v4(i blame it on the people using friend only then living the think before it starts)

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I'm pretty much done with PvP. I don't wanna see any additions made to it.

Just because you're done with pvp doesn't mean everyone else is. If you dont like PvP then don't play it please. KI please consider this wonderful idea. There are still some who don't complain...

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
chemistry5 wrote:

That's more of 'elimination' and also, KI can't make pvp without healing at the start of the battle, or else pvp would have to change with it. (I think, don't blame me if I'm wrong.) Also, what would happen if you were hiding behind a tower, where would you fight then? On the grass/snow? And what if people use that walk-through wall glitch (Not cheat!) or that fly off the ground and go far away into the sky glitch thing (again glitch not cheat!). Then it would be aimed to the last 2 players and the guy that flew didn't even fight, or what if all of them do that except one? Pvp forever

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
The only thing that I don't like about this idea is that - Life school is pointless!

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
if i may add my idea for this. you gain point for battle you win, you lose a point for every battle you lose, and you have three lifes(for fairness).