Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm and Myth DoT spell

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Hello fellow wizards its me chris waterblade legendary diviner and i want to put this message that there should be a storm spell that can do DoT.

I say this becuase lots of schools have it all us storms rely on is damage we have low accurracy and low health i think a DoT spell would be nice. it could be for 68 78 or 88 even but this is just a suggestion. Ex. Fire Ice Death and Life (life use pixie and it heals over time so its called HoT lol) My point is storm relies to much on damage and we should have a spell that will damage them while we power up again. right here ill tell you my Myth DoT spell idea.

Storm

Name: Deadly Mermaid
Pips: 8
Damage: 600
DoT: 250
DoT Turns: 4
Describtion: So the battle feild fills up with water and a mermaid swims in. After she enters she puts her hands together and creates and electric current then she shoots the current and every player and then she disappears after that the DoT markers appeaer.

Myth

Name: Gryphon
Damage: 400
DoT: 200
Description: first a cloudy sky appears and you hear the gryphon screech then it flyes down and lands on the ground after that it will walk to you raise its 2 front legs and stomp you doing this to all player on the enemy side then the DoT will kick in and last for 4 rounds.

Well i really hope you like it had some thought please no bad comments i did my best in thinkin if you have other ideas please post in comment thank you

Chris WaterBlade Lvl 60 Storm Wizard

Oh an if you have any suggestions of your own about my idea can you tell me cause i dont know if the spell should be powerd up more or less

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Myth's medium is double attack spells (which they need a lot more of) to bypass shields; therefore, having a DoT spell is not really necessary for them. Storm's attacks are so strong that they render shields futile, which is why Storm doesn't need a DoT spell either. Why does no one mention the fact that Fire needs another DoT spell?

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
chimchar67 wrote:
Hello fellow wizards its me chris waterblade legendary diviner and i want to put this message that there should be a storm spell that can do DoT.

I say this becuase lots of schools have it all us storms rely on is damage we have low accurracy and low health i think a DoT spell would be nice. it could be for 68 78 or 88 even but this is just a suggestion. Ex. Fire Ice Death and Life (life use pixie and it heals over time so its called HoT lol) My point is storm relies to much on damage and we should have a spell that will damage them while we power up again. right here ill tell you my Myth DoT spell idea.

Storm

Describtion: So the battle feild fills up with water and a mermaid swims in. After she enters she puts her hands together and creates and electric current then she shoots the current and every player and then she disappears after that the DoT markers appeaer.

Myth

Description: first a cloudy sky appears and you hear the gryphon screech then it flyes down and lands on the ground after that it will walk to you raise its 2 front legs and stomp you doing this to all player on the enemy side then the DoT will kick in and last for 4 rounds.

Well i really hope you like it had some thought please no bad comments i did my best in thinkin if you have other ideas please post in comment thank you

In my opinion, I don't think Storm nor Myth need a DoT spell. Storm doesn't need them as they can attack with such immense damage the enemy will be dead before the pesky Fire Dragon did anything. And Myth doesn't need a DoT as it is already a shield breaking school. If you study the schools, you will notice that it says Myth can remove shields that an enemy is stacking up (Earthquake, Shatter, etc). DoT isn't a very special spell (so stop bragging all you Fire wizards), it's just for breaking shields. It doesn't need a "strategy" as most people will say. After all, what on earth do you need to watch for? Just stack up on some blades, wait for pips, then attack. You don't need any worthless strategy because the opponent's shields will be wasted on the first strike without any overall effect on the damage over time.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Fin3cy6 wrote:
chimchar67 wrote:

Storm

Myth

In my opinion, I don't think Storm nor Myth need a DoT spell. Storm doesn't need them as they can attack with such immense damage the enemy will be dead before the pesky Fire Dragon did anything. And Myth doesn't need a DoT as it is already a shield breaking school. If you study the schools, you will notice that it says Myth can remove shields that an enemy is stacking up (Earthquake, Shatter, etc). DoT isn't a very special spell (so stop bragging all you Fire wizards), it's just for breaking shields. It doesn't need a "strategy" as most people will say. After all, what on earth do you need to watch for? Just stack up on some blades, wait for pips, then attack. You don't need any worthless strategy because the opponent's shields will be wasted on the first strike without any overall effect on the damage over time.

i know but i just would like one maybe for the lower lvl storm and myth wizards then i could change up the spell so lower lvls could use it

Champion
May 03, 2011
Actually Myth has a DoT spell--the card that comes with the Humongofrog pet. I would love to see this spell, called Noble Humongofrog, be one of the trained Myth spells because it's awesome. I'm always thrilled when it comes up. If you could boost it with Sun, it would be unstoppable.

Tabitha

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Storm and Myth already have DoT Spells from pets. Storm has Storm Hound and Myth has Noble Humongofrog.

The only 2 schools that have 0 Forms of DoT are Balance and Life. Both has Heal over Time (HoT), but not Damage over Time (DoT). If any schools need spells that do DoT its Balance and Life.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
chimchar67 wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:
chimchar67 wrote:

Storm

Myth

i know but i just would like one maybe for the lower lvl storm and myth wizards then i could change up the spell so lower lvls could use it

Lower level storms have a dot spell, if they choose to learn it... It is called, Storm Elf... What you do is, you train up to fire elf in fire, then you go to the bazaar... They have what is called, mutate fire elf to storm elf... Then you can take all those pesky storm shields out easily for 3 rounds, while you build up pips and boost your attack... Can't get much better than that...

As for myth, myth is a shield breaker, it has too many ways to get around shields, if you don't know that, then look at myth again... Summon a minion if you need to, they always break myth shields.... and one costs 0 pips to summon!

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Myth's medium is double attack spells (which they need a lot more of) to bypass shields; therefore, having a DoT spell is not really necessary for them. Storm's attacks are so strong that they render shields futile, which is why Storm doesn't need a DoT spell either. Why does no one mention the fact that Fire needs another DoT spell?

Fire need more damage over time spells? They already have enough (Fire Dragon, Fire Elf, Scald, etc) while the other schools only have one or so DoT spells (Ice only has Snow Angel and Frostbite, and Death only has Poison).

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
chimchar67 wrote:

The lower levels don't need more spells. Countless wizards in all the schools have succeeded without the need of more spells. It's gonna be okay, I promise.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Fire need more damage over time spells? They already have enough (Fire Dragon, Fire Elf, Scald, etc) while the other schools only have one or so DoT spells (Ice only has Snow Angel and Frostbite, and Death only has Poison).

Ice has:
Ice Elf (Mutate, Ice Elf pet)
Frostbite
Polar Swarm (Locust Swarm Mutate)
Snow Angel

Death has:
Poison
Black Spider (Black Spider pet)
Skeletal Dragon

Storm has:
Storm Elf (Mutate, Storm Elf pet)
Storm Hound (Storm Hound pet)

Fire has:
Fire Elf
Yellow Fire Elf (Yellow Elf Pet)
Christmas Elf (Christmas Elf pet)
Link
Power Link
Scald
Fire Dragon
Inferno Salamander (Inferno Salamander pet)

Myth has:
Noble Humongofrog (Humongofrog pet)

Life and Balance have none.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:
chimchar67 wrote:

Storm

Myth

DoTs aren't special, hmm? I just happen to be a practitioner of DoT might. It breaks up to 3 or 4 shields, cost as low as 2 pips, do overall more damage, AND can enhanced through use of... FUEL! Also, it DOES need strategy, you have to figure out how much longer they last, for example, to find out the best amount of damage to deal with it. BESIDES, a mecha-heckhound, with fuel, blades, and maximum pips, can be DEVASTATING. ALSO, I've plown through part of MooShu and a lot of Marleybone with just fire elf, link, a wand, and my minion. :)
Sincerely,
Ian FireHorn, Level 42 Pyromancer.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
chimchar67 wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:
chimchar67 wrote:

Storm

Myth

Myth HAS a DoT! It is called Noble Humongo frog. It can only be obtained by the humongo frog pet (1st or 2nd gen.)

Historian
May 01, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

What he means, or what I think he means is, fire is supposed to be the DoT school, and it was enough that two other schools had one DoT, remember, if you want DoTs so badly, and you still want to hit hard, switch to fire, and don't try to strip away fire's last uniqu quality

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

*sigh* That's the point. Fire's medium is DoT spells, which is why I feel it needs more.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
ok everyone listen im not talking aboyt pet spells or treasure cards im talkign about spells you get from quests so there are non ok so those dont count mine i did my best to create ok

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
slammer111 wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

What he means, or what I think he means is, fire is supposed to be the DoT school, and it was enough that two other schools had one DoT, remember, if you want DoTs so badly, and you still want to hit hard, switch to fire, and don't try to strip away fire's last uniqu quality

I never did want to strip fire of its power, nor did I recall that any of the other schools than fire have more than two DoTs, right? Let me recheck:

Ice: Frostbite, Snow Angle
Death: Poison, Skeletal Dragon
Myth: Basilisk, Noble Frog thingy
Storm: Storm elf, which can't be trained anyways
Life: none
Balance: none
Fire: Fire elf, Scald, Fire dragon, Rain of fire, and Link

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
slammer111 wrote:

Yes, that's what I meant. Thank you.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Johnist wrote:

Ice has:
Ice Elf (Mutate, Ice Elf pet)
Frostbite
Polar Swarm (Locust Swarm Mutate)
Snow Angel

Death has:
Poison
Black Spider (Black Spider pet)
Skeletal Dragon

Storm has:
Storm Elf (Mutate, Storm Elf pet)
Storm Hound (Storm Hound pet)

Fire has:
Fire Elf
Yellow Fire Elf (Yellow Elf Pet)
Christmas Elf (Christmas Elf pet)
Link
Power Link
Scald
Fire Dragon
Inferno Salamander (Inferno Salamander pet)

Myth has:
Noble Humongofrog (Humongofrog pet)

Life and Balance have none.

More than half the spells you mentioned are exceptions because they're not available for training. You can only acquire those spells in treasure card form or through pets, and even then you may need to train your pets to a certain level to be able to use the spell they provide. Damage over time is Fire's unique ability and I think it should stay that way. If anything, Myth should have a DoT spell since its medium is bypassing shields.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
wish come true for myth, basilisk the new level 68 spell (still in test realm) is a dot spell and plus it stuns for one round.