Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pedigree

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I may have misspelled it, but they say the higher the Pedigree the better the pet. My question here is this, When you breed a level 56 pedigree with a level 56 pedigree can the hatch come out as a level 52 Pedigree? Why would it be less? I could understand if you breed a level 56 to a 42 then maybe the hatch will come out less.
Also, What does it matter on the pedigree number that makes it better than others? Like what makes a 56 pedigree better than a 32? What does the 56 have that the 32 doesnt?
I wish the game would go more in dept on pet hatching and give some clear answers to obvious questions. Look in the book? Answers not there......
I am learning that from generation to generation pets will show some of its traits from its partner. Like I hatched a fire pet with my storm that gives Blade flurry The storm blade flurry came out in my fire pet. This made me also think to leave pets in their same class cause a fire has no use for a storm blade unless he has it as a second school. Stumbling around in the dark about pets is no fun........

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:
I may have misspelled it, but they say the higher the Pedigree the better the pet. My question here is this, When you breed a level 56 pedigree with a level 56 pedigree can the hatch come out as a level 52 Pedigree? Why would it be less? I could understand if you breed a level 56 to a 42 then maybe the hatch will come out less.
Also, What does it matter on the pedigree number that makes it better than others? Like what makes a 56 pedigree better than a 32? What does the 56 have that the 32 doesnt?
I wish the game would go more in dept on pet hatching and give some clear answers to obvious questions. Look in the book? Answers not there......
I am learning that from generation to generation pets will show some of its traits from its partner. Like I hatched a fire pet with my storm that gives Blade flurry The storm blade flurry came out in my fire pet. This made me also think to leave pets in their same class cause a fire has no use for a storm blade unless he has it as a second school. Stumbling around in the dark about pets is no fun........

the pedigree is the rarity of its talents and derby skills
if its really high ya got a bunch or talent or derby skills
that are really good

sry if pedigree confuses you i hope i helped