Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Orthrus Overload

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 15, 2009
He everyone! I know I have mentioned this in other posts but I am now up to 8 Orthrus(es?) I am attempting to get a tempest hound, but it's not working. The first 3 times it didn't work, I started going around the commons asking people if they knew what combination made tempest hound. Some people said it was crowns only, some said it hatched with Orthrus and Storm Hound, but most said it was a combination of Orthrus and Stormzilla. 5 Orthrus(es?) later (not including the one Professor Drake grudgingly gave me), I think I am going to give up unless somebody is 100% sure how to get a tempest hound. Anybody? If not, I think I'll just try for something like Cerberus

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I've had the same problem in my many attempts to get other orthrus off-shoots. I lost count on the number my myth wizard has now.

It seems we have a better chance of getting a mix with hatching our levle 58 pets.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
Stormzilla and orthrus do make the tempest hound its just that you have to keep trying because hybrids are rare and might take time but its all worth it but here is this if you get a tempest hound make sure that it has one orthrus card at baby and that its a mysterious or chemical egg :D hope this helps

Jasmine RoseGem Grandmaster Pyromaster

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
this isnt 100%, but I know that if you hatch with one you have a better chance.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
I have aquired a tempest hound myself (It took some time).

Now the big question, whats the combo?

Well, it is the orthrus and stormzilla. If you have any other questions, you can look over the Wizard101 Central, or Wiki. Any is good.

Good luck with your quest to get the tempest hound!

Delver
Apr 10, 2010

You can get the hybrid tempest hound by hatching a stormzilla with an orthus.

Believe me, I tried that mix too! lol and what did I get for my effort? You guessed it! another orthrus