Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marleybone is too dreadful

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
even though i beat marleybone a month ago, i didn't enjoy it. it took me 6 months to beat it. it was like a 6 month living nightmare. its way too long, the music gave me the creeps , and the dungeons like the ironworks, katzensteins lab, north clocktower, west clocktower, and big ben is a pain. so, does anyone else agree, that marleybone is TOO dreadful?

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Ecramer wrote:
even though i beat marleybone a month ago, i didn't enjoy it. it took me 6 months to beat it. it was like a 6 month living nightmare. its way too long, the music gave me the creeps , and the dungeons like the ironworks, katzensteins lab, north clocktower, west clocktower, and big ben is a pain. so, does anyone else agree, that marleybone is TOO dreadful?

I don't think it is dreadful, I just think it is gloomy and really depressing. Going through Marlyebone sort of makes you feel like your teacher is gonna give you a huge test tomorrow that you haven't even studied for (although I'm in elementary school and they barely give you any exams) . The music is not scary, but I do think I heard window glass shattering and a man shouting

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
I don't think it's dreadful, just hard but that's ok because I like challange. I also like the music.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
i happen to love marleybone as it is probably the only place close to the least bit of average (besides all the animals)

Historian
May 28, 2009
Ecramer wrote:
even though long, the music gave me the creeps

The music in MB is scary? I think you really should listen to the music in Wysteria of Tanglewood Way! THAT is really scary! It's like very shady and there's sudden high sounds as well! Well, MB's music isn't scary, Sorry to burst your bubble.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2011
Ecramer wrote:

Marleybone wasn't that hard. I beat it in a week and soloed all of the dungeons except for Big Ben.
Patrick Star level 34 pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
A few of Marlyebone's dungeons are indeed hard, and I soloed almost all of them except for Katzenstien's Lab and Big Ben. The music is hardly scary, but it is a bit dreary and depressing. Marleybone was a bit of a pain when it came to the Big Ben, but besides that I enjoyed that world. :) It took me about a week to finish.

.Alexis Crow - Level 37 Necromancer

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Marleybone was too easy. Honestly, even Big Ben wasn't a challenge. It's one of my favorite worlds.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
Ecramer wrote:

First of all... It took me maybe around 14 or so days, but half a year of MB, that's just not possible unless you got on once a day for an hour and a half, or got grounded o.O But seriously please explain to me what happened in those 6 months!!!! And second of all I loved MB, but 6 months is enough time for me to look away and PUKE!

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
It's based on a milder version of Sherlock Holmes. It's supposed to be gloomy. And it's London, they play that kind of music there (Or at least, at that time set they did XD)

Defender
May 01, 2011
i am a death wizard(which really fits me well!) and i have no problem in marleybone! it just makes me fit in in the spiral there! it looks like a good place for a death wizard! i dont know why penny dreadful would leave that awesome place because she is a death wizard!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Genosekuto1 wrote:
Ecramer wrote:

First of all... It took me maybe around 14 or so days, but half a year of MB, that's just not possible unless you got on once a day for an hour and a half, or got grounded o.O But seriously please explain to me what happened in those 6 months!!!! And second of all I loved MB, but 6 months is enough time for me to look away and PUKE!

i didn't mention i took a 5 month break in that time period. whoops.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
It's glum and dark. I'd rather be in Dragonspyre personally. The dungeons are OK, but being a Necromancer, there is a HUGE pain to go through. I am near Transcended, and when I was about level 35-38, I had to defeat Freddy nine lives. No, not once, not twice, nine times xD! I think I had to solo it too. It was before henchmen and all of that. It is a rather long world, but after it, everything gets easier and gets to a rhythm. Really, I hate the most is not much people are ever at MB. It's annoying for dungeons and bosses as we cannot call friends all the time. But it isn't a problem KI can fix lol.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
It is not dreadful, just different. Marleybine is different than the other worlds because it's at night when all the other worlds are always day.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I simply love MarleyBone. The gothic music, the night sky, the mechanical beasts, and so on. Was it a challenge? Indeed. Was it fun? Definitely.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:
It's glum and dark. I'd rather be in Dragonspyre personally. The dungeons are OK, but being a Necromancer, there is a HUGE pain to go through. I am near Transcended, and when I was about level 35-38, I had to defeat Freddy nine lives. No, not once, not twice, nine times xD! I think I had to solo it too. It was before henchmen and all of that. It is a rather long world, but after it, everything gets easier and gets to a rhythm. Really, I hate the most is not much people are ever at MB. It's annoying for dungeons and bosses as we cannot call friends all the time. But it isn't a problem KI can fix lol.

So do level 28 life guys. 9 times.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I love Marleybone, the clothing, the music even through its kinda odd, the details and stuff, the Dogs and Cats also Rats, the night sky is also beautiful. But like someone said, it IS different. It is night. But if you look at Dragonspyre.... Yeah..... ....Its a little different too!

Tho i hated Questing in there (Noooo dont make me go defeat another dang burglar who stole your purse, or make me run to the end of katizens lab to defet a Side Sweeper to collect a invitation for the POLICEMANS BALL.), I realize that i DO like Marleybone......??
When im out of all the worlds (Every world but Krokotopia, I rather dislike Krokotopia.....) I start missing them, then remembering all the fun times and when i was stuck on Big Ben on my Theurgist! You may call be weird, But being stuck on Big Ben was fun! cause it prevented me from skipping the beautiful detail, this wonderful land.......... and the awesomeness too!

But yeah.... It was depressing, When i go there but im not questing it in yet or anymore, it isnt depressing, but when i am, Its depressing and i feel like giving up, Is that normal?

But Dragonspyre- It was just that good type of gloomy for me, it was kinda a challenge but i liked the challenge, I like the darkness, but thats just me, the lava.... I just went too fast! I want to quest in Dragonspyre again but getting out of mooshu is just ten steps to impossible for my Theurgist.
Tho it is impossible for my Pyromancer cause NONE of my friends come on anymore and i can't even defeat 8 Otomo Supply Runners in Tataki Outpost??

Alura Mythshade level 50 Necromancer
Calamity Orgeblossom level 35 Theurgist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer

So overall- Marleybone is that world that makes you think "Gah..... I will bang My Laptop! Where is everyone? i need help with (Insert boss name here)!
But then you realize it was worth the wait and really fun but you didnt notice that it was fun yet. You just noticed you dieing 9 times in a row, the darkness, and not a living Wizard in there.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ecramer wrote:

It's possible that you just got there too soon. If you find yourself dying all the time, you should have gone elsewhere and leveled up.

ironworks is no big deal. kat's lab I found to be a pain, but entirely doable, as were the clocktowers and big ben. I did all solo, and have died very little with all my wizards.
The only thing I don't like, but have gotten used to over the last year, is getting pulled into duels. Marleybone teaches us patience. infinite patience. :-)

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
I agree. I thought krokotopia was depressing with its dusty relics and long dungeons, but marleybone is worse. That's why I took a long break from it to do Wysteria. What I like about Wysteria is its cheeriness and how advanced it's bosses and opponents are. Like the tournament.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2011
tcw87544 wrote:
Ecramer wrote:

Marleybone wasn't that hard. I beat it in a week and soloed all of the dungeons except for Big Ben.
Patrick Star level 34 pyromancer

I am only lvl 25 I ported to my friend in mb the music is sort of gloomy and dull even though I don't even have a real quest there when no one is there it is really lonely and seems scary

GraceStormGem lvl 25 diviner