Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Newbie Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
I have spent so much time trying to figure out how to remove stuff from your backpack and both banks that my hair is turning white (ok, so I'm old anyways). I have read everything I can find and nowhere do I find the instructions for this?! If there is something I haven't read, please let me know, as I'm sure there are answers to other newbie questions as well. I've gone through the forums, the Players Guide, the Common Questions, the Quick Guide and every help button I could push. Please help me...as you can imagine, my backpack is full, my bank is almost full, my shared bank is almost full and I have stuff in my attic that I don't know how in the world I got them there.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Go to the Bazaar in Olde Town and sell what you don't need. Then go to your shared bank/bank click one of those tabs, select an item, then hit move to backpack. You can place housing items in your Dorm Room. There is an icon down on the right side in your Dorm Room. In that menu is your attic. You can move stuff from it once the Backpack has room.

I hope this helps. Sorry if it is confusing. I am short on sleep today.

Megan

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
starlettlanning wrote:
I have spent so much time trying to figure out how to remove stuff from your backpack and both banks that my hair is turning white (ok, so I'm old anyways). I have read everything I can find and nowhere do I find the instructions for this?! If there is something I haven't read, please let me know, as I'm sure there are answers to other newbie questions as well. I've gone through the forums, the Players Guide, the Common Questions, the Quick Guide and every help button I could push. Please help me...as you can imagine, my backpack is full, my bank is almost full, my shared bank is almost full and I have stuff in my attic that I don't know how in the world I got them there.

Older Player here too. Been playing for about 2 and 1/2 years. It takes a little while to figure some of this out, but it is not hard once you get the hang of it.

The best thing to do is figure out what you want to keep that you can pass to another of your wizards if you decide to make another one. Now, those things you don't want, Take them to the Bazaar in Old town, unless it is a No Auction item, then sell it in the Shopping District. Everything else, sell in the Bazaar for a better price.

Make sure those items in your attic are items you want to place in your home or a castle that you can buy on each world. You have to be level 15 to buy them. I would suggest starting with the Royal Playhouse for 15,000 gold that can be bought in the Shopping District from the turtle in the housing shop there. Anyway, if the items in your attic are not what you want to keep, move it to your backpack and sell it in the bazaar. Some of those items are also No Auction, so if you don't want them and can't sell them, there is a trash can at the bottom of your backpack. Just be careful and don't trash something that you want to keep or can sell.

You may also have a few items that will say No Trade. That means you can't pass it to any other wizards you may create. If you don't want or can't use it, sell it.

I will try to check this post everyday to see if there is anything I can help you with. I don't know all of the answers, but with the amount of items you currently have in your banks and backpack, it will slow your wizard down.

If nothing else, we can make arrangements to have one of my wizards meet your wizard and add each other as friends.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Champion
May 03, 2011
You can either trash items (not recommended, because they are worth game cash) or sell them at shops. Best of all, for maximum reward, you can sell them at the Bazaar in Olde Town. Items marked "no auction" can only be sold at equipment shops, which they have in most worlds. Most of us try to sell stuff at the Bazaar, which gives us gold for things like pet hatching or buying things we really want. When I first started playing I just trashed stuff, because I didn't know all this. Then, stage two, I sold things at gear shops, which meant I lost a lot of potential game income. So, bottom line--get to the Bazaar and unload your backpack. Then go home, load it up again, and repeat until you are down to the stuff you really want. You should have a bunch of gold which you can then use for other things! :-)

Tabitha

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
starlettlanning wrote:

I can think of a few things you can try:

- create a "new" wizard, and the new wizard can pick up items out of your shared bank (except the "No Trade" items...self-explanatory).

- go to the Bazaar in Olde Town in Wizard City and sell items that you don't want or don't need (except the "No Auction" items).

- go to any regular shopkeeper in the Shopping District in Wizard City to sell the items that say "No Auction" (you can't sell these items at the Bazaar).

- if you have enough gold (or crowns), buy a house or two and start decorating your house.

In the meantime, have fun playing the game too. :-)

Jasmine StormWalker

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You can either sell them to vendors (regular or bazaar) or trash them (the trash can item at the bottom of the book page).

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The Bank is exclusive to the wizard you're currently playing. The Shared Bank is accessible to all wizards on your account.

If your backpack and banks are full, you can't transfer things to them. You can generally sell things from your Backpack to the Bazaar and merchants, but if you're also maxed on Gold (200,000), you can't do that, either.

While you can open your backpack and trash items, this can take quite a while, and you'll get nothing for the trashed items.

To free up Gold, you can buy an expensive item. There are mounts in the Crowns Shop that you can buy for gold, and you could also buy a house or castle. That will lower your gold supply and allow you to sell all or most of the contents of your backpack.

Once the backpack is free, you can then move things from your banks. Open the chest in your room or house/castle. Use the Bank, Shared Bank, or Backpack tabs at the top, highlight the item you want to move, and choose the place you want to move it to. For example, if you want to move an item in the Bank to your Backpack, you'd highlight the Bank tab, choose what you want to move, and then click on the "Move to Backpack" tab.

Another thing you can do is create and/or log onto another wizard, take items from the Shared Bank, and either keep them or sell them at the Bazaar. That will give your main wizard (the one with the full backpack and bank) some room to move things around between the backpack and banks.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
okay go to baazar in od town and sell if its no auction go to a random vendor and sell if you dont want to do any of that then there is a trash option in which case you basically throw it away

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
Thank you very much to all who replied to my dumb question!!!! I don't think I stated my question very well. What I need to know is how to remove items from the backpack and banks that I want to keep to put in my houses. I apologize for the confusion. It's nice to know that people actually answer these questions...I'm just full of them...lol.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
starlettlanning wrote:

I'm afraid I didn't post my question clearly. The question is: How do I move items out of my backpack and banks to use them to decorate my homes? I cannot figure it out for the life of me. Thanks for all the previous answers..you guys and gals are awesome!!!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Oh my... all of that good advice and we missed the point anyway. LOL.

You can go into your dorm room or your house, and you will see a "furniture (a bed) icon" appear on the right side of your screen. Moving your cursor over the icon will show you a "place object" option.

If you click on the furniture icon, categories of your furniture items will appear across the bottom of your screen.

You can click on a piece of furniture from the bottom of the screen, and it will appear in your dorm/house. Use your cursor to position it where you want and then click on it. It took some experimenting for me to get used to rotating items, and placing them where I wanted.

There is also an icon now on this same screen to "open your attic". You must click on the items in your attic, and move them to your backpack so you will have access to them.

If you want to access the items in your "shared bank", go to the brown trunk in your dorm/house, click on it, and click on "shared bank". Just like the items in your attic, you must move items from your "shared bank" to your backpack so you will have access to them for your dorm/house.

I found all of this very confusing in the beginning too. Believe it or not, my grandson showed me how to do it. I asked him how he learned all of this, and he said, "I just kept clicking on stuff until I figured it out". So simple?

Jasmine StormWalker

Champion
May 03, 2011
Oh, that's another matter! You go to your house, then click on the little bed in the lower right corner of your screen. This brings up all the housing items in your backpack. Then click on one of them and drag it to where you want. If there's a placement slot in that part of your house, the item will darken and you can drop it. You have to move stuff from your bank to your backpack to drop it in your house. You can drop unequipped pets and mounts, too, and they will wander around the room/yard. :-)

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
goldendragon18 wrote:
starlettlanning wrote:

Older Player here too. Been playing for about 2 and 1/2 years. It takes a little while to figure some of this out, but it is not hard once you get the hang of it.

The best thing to do is figure out what you want to keep that you can pass to another of your wizards if you decide to make another one. Now, those things you don't want, Take them to the Bazaar in Old town, unless it is a No Auction item, then sell it in the Shopping District. Everything else, sell in the Bazaar for a better price.

Make sure those items in your attic are items you want to place in your home or a castle that you can buy on each world. You have to be level 15 to buy them. I would suggest starting with the Royal Playhouse for 15,000 gold that can be bought in the Shopping District from the turtle in the housing shop there. Anyway, if the items in your attic are not what you want to keep, move it to your backpack and sell it in the bazaar. Some of those items are also No Auction, so if you don't want them and can't sell them, there is a trash can at the bottom of your backpack. Just be careful and don't trash something that you want to keep or can sell.

You may also have a few items that will say No Trade. That means you can't pass it to any other wizards you may create. If you don't want or can't use it, sell it.

I will try to check this post everyday to see if there is anything I can help you with. I don't know all of the answers, but with the amount of items you currently have in your banks and backpack, it will slow your wizard down.

If nothing else, we can make arrangements to have one of my wizards meet your wizard and add each other as friends.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Goldendragon18 wins the Wizard101-Most-Thoughtful-Post-Of-The-Day-Award thing.