Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cats: Don't hate 'em!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2009
I have had it. Who in the universe would want to fight one of the best house pets in the world?! I know it is just a game, but it disturbs my moral to be fighting these awesome animals.

"A wand is weak, but the user is strong"
Valkloor Duskrunner
Master Pyromancer

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Zdrone wrote:
I have had it. Who in the universe would want to fight one of the best house pets in the world?! I know it is just a game, but it disturbs my moral to be fighting these awesome animals.

Valkloor Duskrunner
Master Pyromancer

The only cats you only confront and battle with are those big bulky hunchback cats that constantly throw a coin in the air, and the last boss in Marlybone (I can't spell his name sorry, it is the boss in Big Ben), and Katastainz-I-don't-know-what-his-name-is (That scientist cat that kept on making the Gearheads), and those Scratchers and some bosses,

I do kind of sometimes don't want to fight them, but what I don't like the most is how those rats (Scurriers, Tricksters, Ruffians, Hooligans, etc) die. I mean, yeah I do sometimes get annoyed with them when they start casting their tower shields and Evil Snowman'ing me, but when I defeat them, the way they die is pitiful. I totally hate having to fight them.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I've adopted several abandoned cats over the years. They do make good pets. But the cats in Marleybone aren't the house-pet kind. They're more of the cougar-lion variety, and those don't make good pets.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
If that's really bothering you to the point where you won't fight them, you'll never get on with Marleybone or the game at all.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
Zdrone wrote:

Valkloor Duskrunner
Master Pyromancer

I know! I have all the cats in the game! Even the Black cat! The storm cat, and the fire cat. With and ice cat. I hope there will be more soon. Like a life and myth cat. I can picture that can't you? Oh well the, back to breed hatching. Enjoy the cats of the season my friend!

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I love cats. But the cats in Marleybone are nothing like the cats in the real world. They are based on the crime-hungry gangs of older times. As this couldn't happen in real life, maybe so could not killing a cat in real life

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Defender
Jul 08, 2009
It disturbs my morale to be fighting dragons in DS...

But all it is is a collection of pixels, and I'm pretty sure that it won't really damage your morale.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I agree, cats are wonderful creatures. They are graceful, agile, and great companions. These cats are thugs, theifs and smugglers. They are obvious villians for a dog inhabited world. Just keep going.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
colagada wrote:
I've adopted several abandoned cats over the years. They do make good pets. But the cats in Marleybone aren't the house-pet kind. They're more of the cougar-lion variety, and those don't make good pets.

Hahahaha. I sort of agree. All you have to think about is that its animated. I hated trying to kill anybody in Marleybone, but when you're done, you will be really really happy.

Nicole AshBlade level 48 Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
colagada wrote:

Hahaha. Nice one! (The cat thug is a pet though...)

Defender
May 01, 2011
i really dont like cats but just to let you know those arent cute fluffy house pets they are evil little cats wanting to destroy the spiral! how do you like the cats now knowing they are evil wizard destroyers!

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
I'm more of a cat person than a dog person, and in marleybone,I really feel bad having to defeat all those cats (only I had no feelings for meowierity -or however you spell his name- because he gave me the creeps!) although now that I think about it, its only a game!

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
Meh, I just dislike Marleybone in general. It's a pretty depressing world, but I don't really mind fighting the cats. They're not like real cats, and I'm more of a dog person anyway. I really hat having to fight the rats though.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
I do have to agree with fighting the cats are pretty sad, but the thing is, these are NOT real cats!

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010