Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fred the Friendly Gardener

AuthorMessage
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I think there should be a treasure card or crown item called Fred the Friendly Gardener. For some amount of time Fred takes care of all your gardening needs. He satisfies plant needs, takes care of pests, and harvests plants when they are ready.

This would be great for people who were away from their computer for a few days. Maybe Fred could be hired for as much as a week.

My two cents...

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
Historian
May 28, 2009
Cool, Fred should be a Mole! Like all gardeners. (Sound weird?)
Well, There should be a spell that stops need and pests. It cost crowns for the time period as well!

Champion
May 03, 2011
Excellent idea. Some people have to travel--we take our pets to kennels, or hire a person to care for them. We have friends water our real-life plants. Wizard plants, similarly, require daily care--"Fred" would solve that problem nicely. You should post this in the Dorms section. It's really an idea that KI should consider.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I'm going to be gone for a week, in about a week. So if you could have Fred up and running by then, that would be great. Thanks in advance. :D

The other option to Fred is a Stasis Spell, that would freeze your garden in time, until the next time you logged on.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
I would love to see this added to the game, because I share a computer, and when my sister takes the computer with her to places, I may not get it back for days, weeks, or months at a time. There has been several topics about this already, but KI seems to not take much consideration into this.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
malt22 wrote:
I think there should be a treasure card or crown item called Fred the Friendly Gardener. For some amount of time Fred takes care of all your gardening needs. He satisfies plant needs, takes care of pests, and harvests plants when they are ready.

This would be great for people who were away from their computer for a few days. Maybe Fred could be hired for as much as a week.

My two cents...

lol when i saw this i was like o hey friendly
maybe the spell could be called
thomas lionblood the gardener

lol lol lol
if ya wonder who friendly is
or why I think this spell should be called that

check thefriendlynecromancer.com

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
As much as I love this idea, and hate to be the one to say this, there have been several posts about this in the past, none of which we can prove KI even looked at. It's a wonderful idea, but it probably won't happen. Yet.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
I think it should be for 100 crowns or 3000 gold a day. So, for 7 days (a week), it would cost 700 crowns or 21000 gold.