Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Christmas Quests!!!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Well, there are halloween quests, so why not Christmas quests? Here's my idea:

Santa is about to deliver presents on Christmas Eve. You can find his favorite elf in the commons (like the pumpkin head). The elf says Santa is getting presents stolen from an unknown wizard. Most likely a wizard who ended up on Santa's naughty list. You must go across Wizard City to find all the lost presents, (like the smiths) and return them to Can-dee Kane (Elf's name). When you return the present to him, he says other elfs have seen mysterious sightings of a young wizard carrying many presents all around wizard city. This wizard was cloaked. Can-Dee Kane sends you to talk to all the elfs and try to put the pieces together. Each elf will give you a quest to find some evidence, and once you defeat all their quests, the mystery becomes more clear. Each elf will be found on all three streets. Firecat Ally, Triton Avenue, and Cyclops Lane. Once done with all their quests, return to Can-Dee Kane. "Young wizard, thank you very much for finding all these clues! For now, all we know is it is a boy wizard, in the fire school, with a name starting with Edward. While you were gone, I am pretty sure it was him that took Santa's Sleigh! He must be on his way to the North Pole. Please, hop on the elf sleigh, and lets go to the North Pole to find him!" You hop on to the (Rather tiny) sleigh and are suddenly teleported to the North Pole. You must search all around for Edward ????? ??????. You then must search for the correct Edward (There are three edwards total) by the evidence you found back in wizard city. Once found, you must duel him. If you defeat him, you head to Santa and are rewarded with a sleigh for decor at your house. Not to mention the elf gear. This area can only be unlocked at Christmas and you cannot replay these quests year after year, like Halloween.

A little thing to add: We should have sleighs and reindeer as mounts in the crowns shop.

You guys like the idea? Got suggestions? Don't like it? Post here!

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
I like that idea, but many other non paying players will be disappointed that they cant go to cyclopes lane and firecat lane so, on christmas eve every world in Wizard City should be FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Well that's easily explained by two words: political correctness. Not everyone celebrates Christmas; if KI made a big deal out of Christmas people might complain that KI isn't being sensitive to those who don't celebrate, so all they have is Felix Navidad. Then again I could be wrong and they just haven't gotten to it.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think there should be many Christmas quests that when each one is given you get a present placed under the Christmas tree in the common area which can't be opened until and after Christmas.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
There will NOT be 'Christmas' Quests. 'Christmas' is not celebrated in the Spiral. What is celebrated is the Winter Solstice Festival of Yule.

For those of you who don't know, Yule is the pagan origin of the Christmas holiday. In fact, there is scientific proof that Christ wasn't even born on December 25th. The Church moved the celebration of his birth to coincide with the Pagan celebration of Yule to try to 'ease' conversion.

Caroling, Gifts, and even the Tree all originate in the Yule festival. The '12 Days of Christmas' truly refer to the 12 days of the Yule Festival. So no, I disagree with any idea of 'Christmas' Quests. I would however agree to Yule Quests as a good idea.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
thats actually a great idea we could have both christmas and hanakuaha related quests could we not.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Well that's easily explained by two words: political correctness. Not everyone celebrates Christmas; if KI made a big deal out of Christmas people might complain that KI isn't being sensitive to those who don't celebrate, so all they have is Felix Navidad. Then again I could be wrong and they just haven't gotten to it.

You make a good point... Well, idk if halloween is celebrated by everyone too though. Some of my friends don't celebrate it but play the game. I guess we could also have a Hanukah quest or some other religion holidays, but I can't really think of any....

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
You make a good point... Well, idk if halloween is celebrated by everyone too though. Some of my friends don't celebrate it but play the game. I guess we could also have a Hanukah quest or some other religion holidays, but I can't really think of any....

That's just it though; not everyone might celebrate Halloween, but it's not derived from a religious holiday. I forget (so please don't rip my head off), but I believe it's derived from some Celtic ritual or festival. Anyway, they go really old school with Halloween. They can't really do that with the winter holidays without getting in trouble.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Hmm, Great idea but ill have to agree with some people who said some people dont celebrate christmas. But that is a good idea on santas sleigh and reinderr LOL xD

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

That's just it though; not everyone might celebrate Halloween, but it's not derived from a religious holiday. I forget (so please don't rip my head off), but I believe it's derived from some Celtic ritual or festival. Anyway, they go really old school with Halloween. They can't really do that with the winter holidays without getting in trouble.

Yeah..... you're right :-)

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Johnist wrote:
There will NOT be 'Christmas' Quests. 'Christmas' is not celebrated in the Spiral. What is celebrated is the Winter Solstice Festival of Yule.

For those of you who don't know, Yule is the pagan origin of the Christmas holiday. In fact, there is scientific proof that Christ wasn't even born on December 25th. The Church moved the celebration of his birth to coincide with the Pagan celebration of Yule to try to 'ease' conversion.

Caroling, Gifts, and even the Tree all originate in the Yule festival. The '12 Days of Christmas' truly refer to the 12 days of the Yule Festival. So no, I disagree with any idea of 'Christmas' Quests. I would however agree to Yule Quests as a good idea.

Sorry to make you mad :(

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
Johnist wrote:

Sorry to make you mad :(

You didn't make me mad. I was explaining why your 'suggestion' wouldn't work, and at the end, I suggested they be 'Yuletide Quests' instead of 'Christmas' Quests.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
solar113 wrote:
I like that idea, but many other non paying players will be disappointed that they cant go to cyclopes lane and firecat lane so, on christmas eve every world in Wizard City should be FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya i think thats a great idea . but not on christmas eve , on Chistmas every world in wizard101 should be open to all players. one day out of the year isnt that unfair! i hope they really do agree to this

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
solar113 wrote:

hmm not sure about every WORLD but wizard city would be fun just so they got sneak peak at all the lanes (this could be a very good buisness thing KI get where i'm goin )