Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What are some of your favorite matches?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Yep yep, do the victory dance, or bow in defeat. Win, lose, what were your best matches?

versus a life:
First, a very difficult tricky life wizard. Her satyr heals without infection were way up there(1700). With a deck equipped to wage war, it took me down to my last few cards. She ate up my shields, surprised me with myth dispel and myth amulet (which I'm still not used to seeing pvpers use so that is probably the only thing that surprises me). My minions were gone, my shields were gone and just hit after hit, it was a nice tug of war. Very slow but tricky match. Going second made catching up to her heals extremely difficult. Medusa definitely saved me here. It went critical. But without that, being empty on pips, I probably would have been exhausted into defeat.

Versus a balance:
This one match, very fast paced and that was very nice. It usually takes me no more than 6 seconds to make a decision and I end up having to wait for the other player. But this wasn't the case. Opponent kept up. And it was another nice slugging match, a tug of war. Not as tricky as the life, but it was fast raw action. I don't remember who won this fight though.

But these are the matches I remember the most. Nobody is losing in one or two turns. Nobody is fleeing or making excuses. Nobody is running to vengeance for criticals and wild/insane bolting every turn (I call that desperation.)

Defender
Jun 14, 2010

It was 1v1.
I was a lvl 60 Death.
And I was dueling a good friend, who was a lvl 60 Life.

We faced off, and he got to go first.
Anytime I did damage to him he would heal right away.
When he caused damage to me I would drain the health right back.
We kept doing this back and forth, just feeding off eachother - for over an hour and a half! Neither of us would die! :p

My biggest mistake was not bringing any doom n glooms into battle. I tried to use infection, but his pet would usually cancel that out with spritely.

Eventually he ran out of cards. Because of that, I could finally finish him off.
But that would have been too easy. He was just a sitting duck at that point. Because he was my friend, and put up such an amazing fight, I couldnt win like that. I didnt feel right.

Now here is where Death can be really amusing.
I beguiled him..
Since he went first, my beguile wouldnt take affect until the next round.
Once it did, I was able to cast a reshuffle on him, and reset his deck lol

He was back in the game again.
After about another 20 mins, we finally decided to just call it a draw, as neither of us would go down. We were equals :)

That was my most memorable battle ever.
Life & Death makes some epic fights together

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
My faovrite one was when I was with my friend and my friend and our opponent were talking about how many tries the skeletal dragon boss took them. I find it so funny that some death wizards will want to talk about that.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Oh, let's see, my favorite match of all time, just happened the other day actually...

My Death, who was level 42 then, been leveling him up, since PvP is no longer fair for low and mid level warlords...

Anyway, that is besides the point... I was playing my death character, and I was faced against a Legendary Balance wizard...

I got lucky, I got to go first. So, I put up a tower shield!
First thing he does, is cast spectral blast!
He has one pip, and it is not power, so I start to blade.
He uses vengance and then puts a blade on.
Seeing that he has a blade and has 4 pips again, I put another tower shield on.

As soon as I cast the tower shield, yep, got hit with another spectral blast.

So, my opponent says, I knew it, you are such a noob!

LOL, what? I am supposed to just let you hit me without protecting myself?
Too funny..

So, to make a long story short, He used Judgment and anything else, just trying to use his gargantuan attacks and critical hit me...

I thought it was extremely funny as I had 4 blades and a treasure card of Skeletal Dragon... Which took him out so easily!

So, who is the noob? One who does not know how to shield and relies on criticals to win? Or the one who knows when to play defense and when to play offense? Yes, call me what you will, but Rest In Peace!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
darthjt wrote:

I was playing my death character, and I was faced against a Legendary Balance wizard...

I got lucky, I got to go first. So, I put up a tower shield!
First thing he does, is cast spectral blast!
He has one pip, and it is not power, so I start to blade.
He uses vengance and then puts a blade on.
Seeing that he has a blade and has 4 pips again, I put another tower shield on.

Too funny..

I had that happen once. Someone told me to stop shielding, because my timing was perfect. Anyway, some balance wizards really know how to make good use of that spectral blast. I like fighting balance wizards who try that out because when played well, they can do more than just rely on judgement. I even was hit on the first turn by a critical storm element spectral blast for 1800 points. Thankfully critical satyr made up for it.

Oh A few months ago you answered a pet question about hatching and sharing pet talents. I wanted to thank you, its good to be rid of that ugly sea dragon.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Lol thank you.
I was going to make a post on this one day, so I'm glad you brought that up.

I was in a similar situation.
I was in a duel, and I was able to throw up a shield before my opponents attack. I did this a few times and he freaks out calling me 'a shield noob'.

A shield noob? Really?
How does defending myself make ME a noob?
Isnt it way more noobish not to shield..?

Man, some people..

Armiger
May 10, 2010
CorbinW wrote:

I had that happen once. Someone told me to stop shielding, because my timing was perfect. Anyway, some balance wizards really know how to make good use of that spectral blast. I like fighting balance wizards who try that out because when played well, they can do more than just rely on judgement. I even was hit on the first turn by a critical storm element spectral blast for 1800 points. Thankfully critical satyr made up for it.

Oh A few months ago you answered a pet question about hatching and sharing pet talents. I wanted to thank you, its good to be rid of that ugly sea dragon.

Glad I could help.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
The one battle that I will always remember was a battle with my Balance and a Storm. The Storm was a very defensive player, with the Life Amulet.
I kept my Health up as high as I could, and kept trying every trick I knew to get his Health down into the tc judge kill range. His pet had +15 on the shields, so I had to bring this guy a bit lower than most Storm to kill.
His Pet's spritely kept laughing at me, over and over, by healing this Wizard.
After a hour, I had him stacked with a few Infection, and was just about to start putting a few weakness on him, when out flies a Critical Wild Bolt into my tower shield. My health was already down a bit, and all of sudden I was at around 1980.
Unshielded, I throw out Availing hands, and get hit by another 1000 Wild Bolt, with internal boost must have hit close to 1700. Sitting at about 300 now, I'm in trouble, and going into the treasure side for help.
Another 1000 (again hitting 1700) wild bolt hits me, and I drop to a wobble head state.
The Wizards came flying over to my side of the Arena and said "That has never happen before......." as I said "GG" and left. Mad at myself for not taking him out earlier when I thought I had a chance.
After a few minutes I regretted not staying and talking to the Wizard.
It is the one Battle that I will always remember, and how much of a baby I was for losing.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Probably when my storm wizard friend and I -sorcerer- faced off with a pair of pyromancers. My friend, one of the fires, and I were all lvl 42. The other fire on their team was a legend, so we were kinda discouraged. Nevertheless, we dueled.

It was hilarious the number of times he would put up a fire blade, my partner would destroy his blade, and I would put a Weakness on him. We played almost purely defensively -we normally rely on my friend's attacks to dish out damage, I do support- but still managed to give the two of them a hard battle. The legend kept using Dragon whenever he was able, but my Helping Hands more or less countered the damage over time. The annoying 42 on their team was more of a pesky helper to the legend than anything else, taking our fire shields before Dragons and weakening us with phoenix, that kind of thing.

Well, I'm losing health fast and this game is drawing to a close. The legend is down to around 2000 health, and the 42 to 1000. I have a dragon dot on me, and my storm friend needs healing. With the last of my life, I cast a final Helping Hands to counter the dot on her while she uses Satyr on herself. I die, and she casts storm blade on herself. Now she has 6 power pips, one normal pip, and a storm blade. It seems it would be simple to kill the enemy, no? Casts her Tempest, it fizzles... Legend passes and gets his seventh pip. My friend has no more Tempests in hand, so she shields. 42 takes the shield, legend uses Dragon and kills her.

We fought for a good while, but that is one of my best dueling memories. Why? I now know never to trust a storm to not fizzle, got to have a back up plan. My friend and I have taken down legends before, but we just couldn't beat him when he had a friend the same lvl as us. Nonetheless, it was a really fun duel.

~Christopher Waterwraith- Lvl 42 Sorcerer

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I've had many memorable battles, but my new favorite is one of my recent ones.

I had strewn together a ragtag group of friends: there was the Necromancer (me), the Diviner (a close friend) and the Thaumaturge (another close friend).

I wasn't expecting to win anything, especially after I saw the opponents. We were up against a Theurgist, a weak Diviner, and a strong Diviner. Normally, we would do well against something like that, until we saw their ratings.

None of them were even close to us. The Life was a commander, the strong Storm a knight, and the weak storm a corporal. Up against a few sub privates.

We had the advantage of first turn. I cast an amulet Bladestorm, my friends their own school blades. The opposition set up some shields, covering all but my Necromancy.

The battle went as battles normally do. I discovered the opponent's schools and strategy a few turns into the game, the Storm and I stacked a few blades, and the Ice gave out tower shields.

All was fine, until a skeletal dragon strong enough to take out the strong Storm in two hits fizzled. If that had hit, then this story wouldn't be so exciting. If that had hit, then the outcome of the game would have changed.

The Life wasted no time in using a (weak, mind you) Forest Lord to take down our tower shields. The weak storm then used a storm shark to get rid of my friend's storm shield. And the enemy's storm used a storm lord.

After that, the Ice's health was at 1600, mine was at 1000, and the storm was nearly dead, at somewhere around 300 health. It would have been a perfect time to call it quits. But no.

The enemy team wasted a turn blading up after their impressive spells, which was a fatal mistake. After the turn we spent being stunned, we all hit hard with a combo of Frost Giant, Scarecrow, and Tempest.

All three scored critical at once, and all three were blocked at once. But, the enemy were left with 1000, 0, and 500 health after that. Before they could recover from the stun, I used a wraith to take out the strong storm, so that only the life remained.

My Ice friend used infection on the life, and the storm used an elemental blade. You could see the desperation in the theurgist's eyes as he cast a fairy on himself, weakened by the infection.

The last turn, the Ice gave the storm a treasure elemental blade, I cast a feint on the life, and the storm went to town with tempest.

Remind me to tell you sometime of the story where I lasted a half hour longer then an Ice wizard against a Pyromancer and a Diviner.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
ah the memories
my favorite and the longest pvp match i ever was in was actually today
i was on my death account and was versing a life wizard, a lvl 60 i think.
she had a ton of resist, attack, critical, and critical block stats.
we would buff for a while then shed attack, then i drain, then she heals. it went like that for about 30 minutes, then she used reshuffle and got her deck back. but about at the 20 minute mark from the start of the duel (i 4got to include this), she had 7 pips and used a storm lord on me, and with a 30% feint from me, and a 35% blade from dark pact, i got hit by a decent amount of damage. i didnt have a reshuffle which i guess is my fault, partly becuz i didnt think the battle would be long. so i was losing cards fast, and had almost all power pips on me, and was discarding, which also brought me to my doom. and i had little buffs and traps, mostly attack cards in my hand. and as she used reshuffle, she got her shield cards back, while mine were all used. so she used seraph and i got hit 500 damage. i was losing health, so i used a sacrifice, and another, both without a death shield since i forgot to aply one earlier. and after both sacrifices, i got a death shield. o ya, she had used a life dispel spell, so i couldnt use a fairy, and didnt want to use one to get rid of the dispel, which also helped me lose. i really was dying, and was almost out of cards, and i think she was too because she was passing. i then accidently casted a polymorph to gobbler spell, because it was in my hand and when i passed over it, i had accidently clicked it. so in my gobbler form i stole a death and myth shield, healed twice, and used 2 tower shields. then after some turns, i had used an animate and had wasted my like about 9 pips, which was a waste because the turn after i had casted it, she used a forest lord, which killed my minion and brought me to 1300 health about. i had put a feint, an amulet feint, and a death trap on her, and had a vengeance on me, so i casted a critical wraith, she blocked, and i was almost at full health. the downer then was, i had only 1 card in my hand and had used all my treasures. i got hit with a seraph, and she had a death shield on her, so i knew the battle was over alredy. she even healed with regeneration spell. so i said good game and used wraith and then the duel was over and i lost. that was the most memorable match i had had, and i hope i will have some more later.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2008
Probably that time a faced a balance wizard who was level 28 ( I was level 37 ), but with her crowns items and her dreaded Judgement, we were pretty much the exact same skill level, and since i had 24XX health, she just could not kill me and with her sheilds I could not kill her. We battled for like 45 minutes, really not going anywhere. She eventually won, thanks to a 14-pip Judgement.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
CorbinW wrote:
Yep yep, do the victory dance, or bow in defeat. Win, lose, what were your best matches?

versus a life:
First, a very difficult tricky life wizard. Her satyr heals without infection were way up there(1700). With a deck equipped to wage war, it took me down to my last few cards. She ate up my shields, surprised me with myth dispel and myth amulet (which I'm still not used to seeing pvpers use so that is probably the only thing that surprises me). My minions were gone, my shields were gone and just hit after hit, it was a nice tug of war. Very slow but tricky match. Going second made catching up to her heals extremely difficult. Medusa definitely saved me here. It went critical. But without that, being empty on pips, I probably would have been exhausted into defeat.

Versus a balance:
This one match, very fast paced and that was very nice. It usually takes me no more than 6 seconds to make a decision and I end up having to wait for the other player. But this wasn't the case. Opponent kept up. And it was another nice slugging match, a tug of war. Not as tricky as the life, but it was fast raw action. I don't remember who won this fight though.

But these are the matches I remember the most. Nobody is losing in one or two turns. Nobody is fleeing or making excuses. Nobody is running to vengeance for criticals and wild/insane bolting every turn (I call that desperation.)

Really nice story Darth! Here's one of mine:

My legendary Death was facing a high leveled, but not legendary, Storm. The Storm kept on trying to wild bolt me and hit 1,000, but it was a total fail and he NEVER hit 1,000, he only hit 10s and 100s. So he then drew a Trition and tried to zap me. It barely even mattered, I just used a Wraith and criticaled. He then quickly made a tidal move. He drew and cast five Tower Shields, two Absorbs, and a minion. I right away killed the minion with a Kraken, but by then the storm wizard already had another minion up. I again killed it with a Kraken, and again he re-summoned a minion. So I ended up with only two more cards in my hands, because I forgot reshuffle. But then I got jabbed by luck. I remembered that I had an earthquake treasure card in my sideboard, and also an Insane Bolt. In a risky move, I discarded my last attack spell, drew and cast an earthquake. The minion died and the earthquake destroyed all of the wizard's shields. Then, I discarded my last healing spell and drew Insane Bolt. The earthquake had caught the storm wizard off guard, and so he only had one pip on the round after the earthquake. I had two pips, so in the last move of desperate chances, I cast it. To make a long story short, the Insane Bolt killed the storm and I won the match.