Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mega-Snack Crafting

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
This could have been posted in any of several categories--pets, crafting, or general complaints, but I guess I prefer to see it as just an idea. Which I'm sure others have brought up before...but I don't see why mega-snacks can't be crafted. They should be hard to craft, perhaps using rare reagents (Nightshade for Death, Diamonds for Ice, etc.), but it should be possible to craft at least rank 8 snacks. They are expensive in the crown shop, with no guarantee you'll get what you want--every time I splurge on a pack I get Balance and Ice, it seems, and few or zero snacks that I need. Yes, I know you can get them from Waterworks, but I hate cheating towers and can't see doing this one over and over for a couple of snacks. Crafting would be a nice option for those of us willing to work for the snack, but in a more leisurely way. Just a thought.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I agree that being able to craft mega-snacks would be nice.

On the other hand, you already have the (fairly) cheap option of gardening for these snacks. I have been pleasantly suprised at the great snacks harvested from the newest Crowns Shop plants. Some you can win as drops if you don't want to pay for them--and these plants typically give you seeds, so you only have to win/buy them once! Some of the higher level plants requiring enchanted soil will also give you mega-snacks. You have to invest quite a lot of gold to get started gardening these enchanted soil plants, but once you're set up, gardening is one very reliable way to get 'free' mega-snacks and rare reagents.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
This could have been posted in any of several categories--pets, crafting, or general complaints, but I guess I prefer to see it as just an idea. Which I'm sure others have brought up before...but I don't see why mega-snacks can't be crafted. They should be hard to craft, perhaps using rare reagents (Nightshade for Death, Diamonds for Ice, etc.), but it should be possible to craft at least rank 8 snacks. They are expensive in the crown shop, with no guarantee you'll get what you want--every time I splurge on a pack I get Balance and Ice, it seems, and few or zero snacks that I need. Yes, I know you can get them from Waterworks, but I hate cheating towers and can't see doing this one over and over for a couple of snacks. Crafting would be a nice option for those of us willing to work for the snack, but in a more leisurely way. Just a thought.

There are ways of getting mega snacks without crafting or doing Waterworks.

Do you garden? If so, I would suggest investing crowns in couch potatoes. Each harvest you get a rank 5-7 snack. At elder you get a mega snack along with a seed to replant. There are also other plants that you can get that will give mega snacks.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
who would you get the recipes from? and i only agree if they are grandmaster crafter only

Champion
May 03, 2011
Do you garden? If so, I would suggest investing crowns in couch potatoes. Each harvest you get a rank 5-7 snack. At elder you get a mega snack along with a seed to replant. There are also other plants that you can get that will give mega snacks.

I do garden--I am a grandmaster gardener. My only complaint there is that it takes forever to get one snack, and you're unlikely to get the ones you need. The only myth mega-snack I have ever gotten comes from Maelstrom Snap Dragons, and not with every harvest. Sometimes they give ice snacks instead. Re: couch potatoes--yes, I have grown them. But again, I haven't gotten snacks I can use very often. Gardening is a huge energy drain, too--it's a choice, usually, between pet training and gardening.

I definitely see this as Grandmaster Artisan only, but it would be a nice option for those of us who like crafting and are willing to put in the time to hunt down rare reagents.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
tabby714 wrote:

I do garden--I am a grandmaster gardener. My only complaint there is that it takes forever to get one snack, and you're unlikely to get the ones you need. The only myth mega-snack I have ever gotten comes from Maelstrom Snap Dragons, and not with every harvest. Sometimes they give ice snacks instead. Re: couch potatoes--yes, I have grown them. But again, I haven't gotten snacks I can use very often. Gardening is a huge energy drain, too--it's a choice, usually, between pet training and gardening.

I definitely see this as Grandmaster Artisan only, but it would be a nice option for those of us who like crafting and are willing to put in the time to hunt down rare reagents.

While I would Love to see Mega Snack crafting added, I highly doubt it will happen, although again, it's that Time vs Crowns philosophy, and so it might make sense to have a 'Big' Recipe with probably L48 Treasure cards as the Requirements for the 'TC' for the Mega Snacks...

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
This is a great Idea, but don't hold your breath...

Wizards makes a great game, but when it comes to making cash, KI is a bit on the greedy end of the spectrum!