Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold Chest idea

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 13, 2011
How about having a Gold Chest (like the Wooden and Silver Chests) that appears randomly and rarely.

When you click to open the Gold Chest you see a 3 by 3 grid of compartments or drawers. You also see a note at the top that says you found X gold (randomized), lets say 250 gold.

Instructions are given that you can take what you find at anytime or risk everything to open another drawer.

There is a section on the bottom that says "Take what I have found and leave"

When you click on a compartment it shows what it contains.

2 of the drawers are booby trapped, if you open one of these the chest explodes and you lose everything.

The others would contain:

1 contains X gold and a amulet or ring.

1 contains X gold and 1-2 rare ingredients and 1-2 rare treasure cards.

1 contains X gold and 1-2 level 6 to 9 pet snack

1 contains X gold and a piece of armor.

1 contains X gold and seeds.

1 contains X gold and a wand.

1 contains a rare item only available from Gold Chests

(the items should be consistent with the world or section the gold chest is found in).

Here is my suggested list of rare items that you can only get from a Gold Chest. (I chose to make most of these items with a gold theme, but that of course isn't mandatory).

1) Several rare furniture items like a gold crown, a pot of gold, a golden throne, golden arches, and a gold chalice.

2) Several kinds of seeds including; Golden Key Limes, Golden Rod, and Gold Dandelions.

3) A Golden Anthem that gives you +health, +mana, + power pip percentage and something unique Like adds 10% to gold you receive from battles, or an extra power pip at the beginning of a battle, or +energy, or maybe a spell.

4) A Gold Ring similar to the anthem but unique stats.

5) A Gold Wand Probably tailored to the world you are on, but here is one suggestion a level 60 wand that gives you +1 power pip, +60 block, +30 critical, and gives 7 cards that do 120 damage, one from each school.

6) A couple of pets like a Goldfish, or a Gold Finch, or Golden Dragon.

7) A Special mount like a Gold Unicorn, a Goldfish, or maybe a special line of mounts in different colors like lizards, or insects.

I think you get the idea, I think this would be a nice addition.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Adherent
May 20, 2010
Do you seriously expect KingsIsle to implement free-to-play chests that give out Crowns items and hard-to-get items?

Players would camp/farm the chests and/or realm-switch to get another chest faster. Other players would complain about the camping, then there'd be name-calling, reporting, numerous emails to Support. It'd be a mess.

I could see such a chest for minor items (similar to what's given out in Silver chests), but not for items like pip-giving wands, high-level pet snacks, regardless of how rare they were awarded.

Historian
May 28, 2009
Actually, there are gold chests. The first time I was in the Big Ben, at the last floor, there was one, and I'm not talking about the chests for the quests no. I think it was but when clicked, I got some gold and items! And then I got the golden chest for the quest. I think it do exists.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
Actually, there are gold chests. The first time I was in the Big Ben, at the last floor, there was one, and I'm not talking about the chests for the quests no. I think it was but when clicked, I got some gold and items! And then I got the golden chest for the quest. I think it do exists.

Yea they should look like those but like the silver chests and wooden chests you find around, and this was on either just a post by the moderator or a Feedback Friday. I think maybe take out mounts / pets but otherwise i like it! Also make it so that you just get to pick one compartment, with only 5 compartments, two empty, two with treasure cards and reagents, and only one with the rarer items. I think that having a 1 in 5 chance for a rare wand or mega snack would be great. Also, these should have lower spawn times, they should appear two hours after they are found, so in 12 hours, 3-5 appear on each realm. Only one per realm, in a random spot in a random world. This way they are very rare and KI might agree!